Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Here's a novel suggestion

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]We have been getting worse ever since Farke arrived and we can anticipate getting better as much as we like but everybody knows deep down it’s not going to happen.[/quote]
No, they don''t, it''s just cheap shots that try and talk the club down.  That''s the problem - on here at any rate - too many people with an interest in seeing only a negative side to things put forward and hoping to drag others into their negativity.  That''s why binners come on here and reguarly start negative stuff - they know that the more they do it the more there will be a drip drip effect on others and help build some kind of negative bandwagon.  All people can do is try and see through them for what they are. 
I understand genuine fans'' concerns, but you have to guard against the wums and those just out to milk the situation.  We all want to see improvements - but we have a great football club which is evolving all the time, always has, always will......try and enjoy it!

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]We have been getting worse ever since Farke arrived and we can anticipate getting better as much as we like but everybody knows deep down it’s not going to happen.[/quote]
Nail On Head Hit
Fifty plus games thus far and not an awful lot to get excited about. Overall , despite 3 transfer windows, nothing has changed since day 1 so there is absolutely nothing to be optimistic about.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Very apt TC,

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....[/quote]
The whole of the first paragraph is apt.
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of

wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it

was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the

season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of

despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were

all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way—in

short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its

noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for

evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I''m inspired.

I''m on the canarystore website buying a new shirt.[/quote]
I think you''ve got a bit confused. The section on the web site that says ''Reading Material'' is actually books.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

I think you''ve got a bit confused. The section on the web site that says ''Reading Material'' is actually books.
[/quote]
This has got to be up there with '' Post of the Year ''......[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote]
This has got to be up there with '' Post of the Year ''......[:D][:D][:D]
[/quote]

Post of the year? Easy audience!

[quote user="King Charles "]🔔 end[/quote]
is that necessary ?

Try anticipating improvement through the season rather than just expecting mediocrity.

That is what everyone wants but I can''t see how you can make a pessimist an optimist until results and/or performances improve.

[quote user="King Charles "][quote user="Ben"]
[quote user="King Charles "]🔔 end[/quote]
is that necessary ?
[/quote]

Who rattled your cage 🔔 end[/quote]
What stunning repartee you display - one that equals your intellectual standing, I should imagine.

Thing is you''re just asking people to deny what they see.

If I''d seen some progress, I''d anticipate seeing more. Instead I feel like I''ve mainly seen regression under Farke. Give me a reason to get on board and I will.

Here’s another novel suggestion , we’re a very mediocre championship team at best now . Sell your top assets and spend little equates to this .

I wish I could anticipate improvement, but you can only do so based on some kind of evidence. Over 50 games under Farke and we''re performing worse than when he joined, so there''s no evidence there to base any kind of improvement on. To try and persuade people to anticipate improvement is therefore nothing but blind faith.

We can all see when Farke changes the team to address particular issues - the trying of Marshall at right back, then Pinto, then Aarons?  He hasn''t wasted any time there this season has he?  Or are we saying Aarons coming in doesn''t represent progress? 
So we''ve had a tough start to the season - but it hasn''t been disastrous - and it''s still early days. The strikers are all up and running and have scored - and we have a good squad.  The head coach has adapted tactics so we are a bit more direct - and the balance in the side was better against Ipswich, after the naivety against Leeds, difficult a match as it was on Sunday, playing against what looked like a league 2 side.
I don''t know why people can''t anticipate improvement, it''s not really my problem, but if I could get to the Middsbro match, I would be anticipating seeing an improvement after a two week gap in which the players can get a better understanding with each other. 
Progress isn''t going to be consistent, there will always be up times and down times in a season, but from what I''ve seen the potential is there and can see that Farke is aware of the issues and is addressing them.

Having tried three different players in the same position in half a dozen games suggests to me something totally different to you Lakey obviously.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Having tried three different players in the same position in half a dozen games suggests to me something totally different to you Lakey obviously.
[/quote]
So we get Marshall in, supposedly good at right back as well as further forwards, gets two or three chances and doesn''t do so well, so Pinto comes back, but he has looked a bit gung ho in his apperances and was caught out against Leeds so Aarons gets his chance after an excellent cup match.  Nothing negative about Farke''s actions there. I call that good management. If Aarons goes on to prove himself and make himself first choice RB then job''s a good''un.

Fair point LDC, anything from 13th upwards come May is an improvement.

At that pace we’ll be about top six in 8 years.

Is anyone else enjoying the irony of a user called "Time to go Delia" who joined this board in2006?

And yes, top post TCCanary, even if I had to read it a couple of times to get there!

LDC sez......

Try anticipating improvement through the season rather than just expecting mediocrity.

It''s actually not difficult......you just have to try.

I sez......

Sounds more like a grovel suggestion......