Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Whatever You Thought of Him Doomcaster Does Not Deserve This.

As anyone who sat on the SCG will tell you Neil and i disagreed more often that not but his family does not deserve this. Always a gent and spoke to him at our match v Villa last season when he attended with his young son.
This unsavoury story of life in Scottish football to me highlights the difference north and south of the border for those involved at the top of the game.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Has his rehabilitation got that far already?
Could we have Worthy back too[:^)]
[/quote]
I think you will find Nutty that Worthy might well have been part of the problem which resulted in Doomcaster eventually ending up in Jockland ! [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Has his rehabilitation got that far already?
Could we have Worthy back too[:^)]
[/quote]
I think you will find Nutty that Worthy might well have been part of the problem which resulted in Doomcaster eventually ending up in Jockland ! [:P]
[/quote]
That doesn''t tally with my understanding, or the chronology, unlesss we are talking about a very delayed-reaction cause and effect, since Worthington was sacked/resigned in October 2006 and Doncaster was sacked/resigned in May 2009.

I did say '' eventually '' Purple and the problems i had in mind were the dithering over the situation of hanging on to Worthy and the catalogue of mistakes made after that and up until that relegation in 2009.

I will now quote something that Doomcaster said more than once at SCG meetings '' hindsight is an exact science ''. Rather appropriate don''t you think Nutty ?
Anyway my man had the decency to fall on his sword unlike others before and after him.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

This unsavoury story of life in Scottish football to me highlights the difference north and south of the border for those involved at the top of the game.
[/quote]
Any Englishman in a position of power up there is always going to get more flak Tilly
It''s a risk you take if you want the job but I agree it went too far.