Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

The scum match thread

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="lincoln canary aka Golden Coppel"]

But, we’re going nowhere with Farke and co.

The gap between Ipswich and Norwich is virtually nothing.[/quote]You mean compared to the gap between your trolling and the reality? And why not do us all a favour and drop the "we". "You" is the word you want.[/quote]

Give it a rest you tool.

Atrocious game of football but the derby record is still in tact. Both sets of fans should be worried about where the clubs are heading though

The last time Ipswich beat Norwich:

Gordon Brown was Prime Minister

Katie Price and Peter Andre were still together

Fabio Capello was England manager

There were still three Harry Potter films to be released

Bet365 are really trolling the Ipswich fans!!

Luis Suárez was in England for three-and-a-half seasons.

He scored more goals vs Norwich than Ipswich have managed in the last 11 years.

It''s all very well gloating now...

Great to hear our support in the ground again. Best travelling support in the league OTBC 💛💚

Poor poor game with 2 sides that will struggle this year but the 10 years is on and that is all that matters

A few positives. Well done to Hanley, Kose then Godfrey. Usual high balls and throw ins were dealt with well. Krul had a steady game, no chance with the goal. Two kids for full backs. Big disappointment for me was Hernandez.

This point may have been made but I do not have the time to wade through all the posts from those disappointed we failed to lose.[:''(] Today''s number is 21 - the average age of our back four in the second half.

Awful spectacle but the only side with any quality at all on display was us. I was a bit surprised by the line up containing so many technical players when it was pretty obvious they would miss out the midfield whenever possible. More surprising was that we then didn’t look to play through them consistently but often went direct ourselves and looking to pick up bits and pieces with Buendia, Hernandez and Pukki.

Thought Max Aaron’s did very well given it was a league debut, Jamal Lewis will be sold in the summer and Tettey put in a decent shift. Great finish from Leitner, if he could keep his concentration for a solid 90 he’d be a hell of a player- unfortunately he punctuates some terrific vision and passing with ceding possession in his own third far too often.

The negatives would be that we consistently struggle with anything aerial and their long throws and up and under hoofing put us under more pressure than it should have. I’m also not sure that the defenders have faith in Krul just yet, maybe it’s a communication issue? However, we seem to be in two minds in our own box a lot and a sharp striker would punish that tentativeness.

Based on today, it’s hard to think we’ll be bothering either business end of the table this season, whether that represents significant progress or not remains to be seen.

“it’s hard to think we’ll be bothering either business end of the table this season“

Against a side who were (still are) 23rd, we went 1-0 down, and only managed to draw 1-1. We may have been the better side for spells, but only one team went ahead at any point today, and it wasn’t us.

I know it’s a derby etc. etc. And the fact we’ve continued our unbeten run against Ipswich helps a little bit. However, if this had been a game against any other side who were 23rd in the league, I don’t think we’d have taken many positives from it.

Purple’s stat is encouraging and something to be a little bit optimistic about for the future - so not all bad, but I still haven’t seen anything yet this season which makes me think we’ll be comfortably safe.

This ''they were bottom of the table'' thing is really stupid - the season is only 5 games old and league positions mean eff-all, we''ve each of us only played a quarter of the teams in the league so it is far from a fair yardstick at this stage.

Ultimately, the binners may end up being poor and at the wrong end of the table one next May (as might we, but I doubt it), but they''d not lost a game at home yet and a derby game is always a big leveller....my first ever game was Easter 78 in old Div 1, they were in the bottom 3 and stuffed us 4-0. I''d much rather see today''s version of events, believe me!!!

Can''t portray a great game. But as I said on a previous thread, a win was vital for both teams, so neither will be happy. I was moaning about Leitner just before he scored but never mind he scored. But come on, he isn''t the answer.

And to all those who think Walters is a spent force, dream on.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Can''t portray a great game. But as I said on a previous thread, a win was vital for both teams, so neither will be happy. I was moaning about Leitner just before he scored but never mind he scored. But come on, he isn''t the answer.

And to all those who think Walters is a spent force, dream on.[/quote]
When Wes at the club arrived he showed plenty of ability at times, but took time to show his best form and even at his peak was sometimes not at the races.  Leitner has bags of ability too and although obviously has a long way to go to be able to really compare him and Wes, he is a creative player and as we have seen today can score goals today - notceably, with his left foot. A key player methinks.

Oh well, good day out, great scenes as ever when we scored, as for the game, well will not be one to live long in the memory. Let’s get the home leg at a decent time of day!!

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 02/09/2018 5:22 PM:

I wonder how many of this thread''s posters have been there and seen us lose.

I have. Doesn’t change anything about today’s game though

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 02/09/2018 5:22 PM:

I wonder how many of this thread''s posters have been there and seen us lose.

I''ve only been once myself. 92/93 - 3-1 loss. I seem to remember going with the NCFC family section and we were sat amongst a stink (collective noun) of binners. Not pleasant.

OTBC

Totally agree Branston. 5 games is only just over 10% of the season, so league position really isn''t that representative at the moment.

No one could argue it was a top performance, it was really quite a poor game, but we certainly seemed more solid defensively without Pinto at RB, and didn''t crumble as we have done so many times in the last few months.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/09/2018 5:34 PM:

When Wes at the club arrived he showed plenty of ability at times, but took time to show his best form and even at his peak was sometimes not at the races. Leitner has bags of ability too and although obviously has a long way to go to be able to really compare him and Wes, he is a creative player and as we have seen today can score goals today - notceably, with his left foot. A key player methinks.

Leitner is too lightweight in the middle of the park for me but you can allow for that IF he starts to provide more assists and goals - a return of 1 goal and 1 assist in 20 games isn''t enough imo. If he doesn''t up that return, give someone else a chance.

OTBC

I think if we see leitner play central and deeper like today more often we will see him flourish.

He’s not a goal scorer and won’t often create direct Wes/Maddison type assists and but from deep he can start moves, pick up peices and control/dictate tempo.

Maybe we would see better from him also playing next to a more dynamic player than Tettey, I thought Godfrey would be that man but Farke clearly doesn’t.

I''ve not been able to go to the game at Pooman Rd for a few years, but for most of my life it always seemed to be a 2-0 defeat at best, but I also saw also 5-0 and 4-0 losses. And nearly always in the home supporters. I''ll never tire of us getting any positive result...

Last time I went to PR was 1973 Texaco Cup Final, lost 2-1, a Peter Morris cracker (for them not us) - not nice but then Ipswich were a much better club then......good to see we''ve rather taken over since those days. 

I was at that Texaco Cup game. It was my first visit. 1-5 was my last visit and I stood for five minutes afterwards commiting the scoreboard to memory forever.