Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

First Birmingham now Bolton

For every Bolton, there’s a Cardiff, Watford, Fulham, etc.

Each club has its ups and downs, but ultimately it matters not, as we are under our own ownership which has restructured, meaning we are now in a period of championship football.

Weather you feel it’s on a downward spiral or restructuring is personal opinion.

But I do wonder how many real fans would decide not to renew their season tickets if we suddenly got a Man City overhaul, out of principle?

[quote user="Indy"]For every Bolton, there’s a Cardiff, Watford, Fulham, etc.

Each club has its ups and downs,
but ultimately it matters not, as we are under our own ownership which has restructured, meaning we are now in a period of championship football.

Weather you feel it’s on a downward spiral or restructuring is personal opinion.

But I do wonder how many real fans would decide not to renew their season tickets if we suddenly got a Man City overhaul, out of principle?[/quote]
At last someone recognises league football. Not mentioned as such but we are right there with the clubs you have. Certainly we''ve had many more PL seasons than Cardiff. And in any case that list will change next season and the season after and the season.....
One thing I''m confused about. How do you define a "real fan"?

I believe a real fan lives in Madrid!

Why change the subject Nutty?

It makes no sense in comparison either way, pro or against there’s always one side or other but they’re all totally pointless as comparisons go as they are all different with different circumstances!

There was a time Delia wanted to follow the Charlton model!

We are Norwich with the owner we have and they have laid out their vision of how things are now and will be under their control.

If you don’t like it don’t go! If you want to go meet up with like minded people pre and post match go. If s everyone’s personal choice and tickets are available as a casual.

Can’t see why each side of the fence on this pinkun site feels the need to try and score points with this type of thread!

I have tried and tried to point this out Indy. But nobody cares. It''s always tit for tat. This club or that club. This owner or that owner. 
Half the PL have been there for 5 seasons or less. Six of those clubs have been there two season''s or less. We recently had four seasons there. Hopefully we will get some more in the future. We won''t be established though. 
I didn''t change the subject. You were being divisive mentioning real fans. Kind of trying to score a point...

Indeed City First!

Nutty, I only mentioned real fans as a blanket to all city fans, I’ve gone past who or what makes real fans as it’s again too decisive. I was making a point that not many would give up their season ticket should we have top players and challenging for trophies, that’s all.

I couldn’t give a hoot who is or isn’t going into administration, all I care about is seeing this fine City’s club, hopefully win every game but if not then to be entertained, have something to talk about afterwards and not be too bothered come Monday morning if things aren’t so great on the pitch, it’s only a game of football after all.

I must have missed the Birmingham story - when did they go into administration?

Just as an aside, the guy who owns Bolton is worth several hundred million. I guess you can''t make them spend it, but I don''t suppose he will let them go into administration over a £5m debt unless it suits him.

So at one point they were really struggling. Had a near 500million debt, got relegated. Got the debt wiped, they got promoted, stayed in the championship while beating us at the reebok in my first introduction to Farkes Tip tap. Now with a good start to the season they go under from a what 4+ million debt. Eh.

[quote user="sgncfc"]I must have missed the Birmingham story - when did they go into administration?

Just as an aside, the guy who owns Bolton is worth several hundred million. I guess you can''t make them spend it, but I don''t suppose he will let them go into administration over a £5m debt unless it suits him.[/quote]

Birmingham’s is due to FFP rules

Each club has its ups and downs
, but ultimately it matters not, as we are under our own ownership which has restructured, meaning we are now in a period of championship football.

But I do wonder how many real fans would decide not to renew their season tickets if we suddenly got a Man City overhaul, out of principle?[/quote]
That''s hardly a valid comparison, Indy. I think you are or were in business, and know that companies have their ups and downs, but within a normal spectrum of doing better or doing worse, as with the clubs you mention.Going into administration is off that spectrum, because it means - as with Bolton - potentially losing control of the business, and even perhaps the business not surviving. On another thread thebigfeller brushed off the administrations other clubs had suffered as if it was a normal event, and just part of ordinary risk-taking, but it is far from that.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Each club has its ups and downs
, but ultimately it matters not, as we are under our own ownership which has restructured, meaning we are now in a period of championship football.

That''s hardly a valid comparison, Indy. I think you are or were in business, and know that companies have their ups and downs, but within a normal spectrum of doing better or doing worse, as with the clubs you mention.Going into administration is off that spectrum, because it means - as with Bolton - potentially losing control of the business, and even perhaps the business not surviving. On another thread thebigfeller brushed off the administrations other clubs had suffered as if it was a normal event, and just part of ordinary risk-taking, but it is far from that.
[/quote]
Administration is still one of the worst things that can happen to a football club. The risks attached to it are obvious, the risk to jobs, the risk of no investor wanting to take it on and the club going out of business altogether, the risk of losing the stadium and every asset belonging to the club,  having to start from nothing as a non-league clubpoint, to name a few.
So anyone who thinks it is a legitimate or sensible route to get new

investment is living in cloud cuckoo-land - something I am told I know

quite alot about..... 

The days of new stinking rich Chinese owners might well be over.
The Chinese Govt is trying to prevent money leaving the Country in this way.

Indy - "For every Bolton, there’s a Cardiff, Watford, Fulham, etc."This simply isn''t the case. There are far more examples of clubs that have suffered long-term difficulties as a result of a takeover followed by reckless spending than there are of clubs enjoying long-term benefit. Very few clubs have remained significantly above their historic average position in the long term, but like us, have enjoyed temporary periods of success.Those that have enjoyed this success have tended for fall into 2 major categories - the "money no object" takeover (Man City/ Chelsea) or a very rich fan (e.g. Brighton - but it''s too soon to see if this will remain a long-term gain.) Another category might be a club bought cheaply out of administration.Indy - "how many real fans would decide not to renew their season tickets if we suddenly got a Man City overhaul, out of principle?"To answer your question directly, I would certainly welcome a money no object takeover a la Man City/ Chelsea. Equally, I would welcome a real fan local billionaire (although this doesn''t always work - cf ITFC). I just don''t think either is particularly likely. The other option, being bought out of administration, is something that is very risky and something I''d wish to avoid.I don''t see the arguments as "point-scoring" as you suggest. Some suggest "investors" as a highly likely route to long-term success: it isn''t. However, this naive belief fuels dissatisfaction with our current situation because they believe that there are easy solutions to long term-success, which don''t exist. This in turn drives division.Indy - Weather you feel it’s on a downward spiral or restructuring is personal opinion.

Not really, it is objectively measurable. We are currently below our long term average position, but there is very little evidence of a downwards spiral - we have moved from slightly above our average to slightly below it - if it is a spiral, it is a very shallow one.

Never been a Bolton fan. Yes he has a good voice but that stupid mullet hairstyle went out years ago.

If they’re found guilty then it’s not just the 12 point deduction, they would also have a two year transfer embargo which presumably would mean the instant return of Wildschutt

"the name is Ben"

I still call the River End the River End, even though it''s called something different now - is it still the N&P? It will always be the river end.

I call the City Stand the Main Stand because that it was it is...err was..
The South Stand has been and gone and come back again.
So it''s City 1st....it''s what we all know you as.