Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Pukki scores for Finland

My favourite signing in recent times for sure, although when he breaks back into the team I think McLean might give him a run for his money!

It''s a sad sign on just how far we have fallen as a club that those of us who were privileged to watch the likes of Bryan Conlon and John "Mighty Quinn" Manning in their pomp are now having to make do with players who score goals in competitive international tournaments.

And he''s scored again!

Think we have signed a class player for a freebie here.

Very confident finish too. High hopes for Pukki this season.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]It''s a sad sign on just how far we have fallen as a club that those of us who were privileged to watch the likes of Bryan Conlon and John "Mighty Quinn" Manning in their pomp are now having to make do with players who score goals in competitive international tournaments.
[/quote]
Happy days Purple.[:D]

[quote user="Ian"]Very confident finish too. High hopes for Pukki this season.[/quote]
Very confident,  Finnish too.

Exciting prospect, but he needs to score for us not Finland. Laffertys international record was quite at the time we got him and look how that went

[quote user="KiwiScot"]Exciting prospect, but he needs to score for us not Finland. Laffertys international record was quite at the time we got him and look how that went

[/quote]
He already has - 3 goals and I don''t think scring for Finland affects scoring for us.
I suspect though his signing for us may well have been with an eye to a move to the PL, and could well be where he heads if we don''t go upthis season.
For us far better that he is here for a seaso than elsewhere as if that is his aim he is not gong to be a ''slouch'' this season - and if he goes I''m sure a hefty fee will follow.
Not how some will see it but if we can find these type of players then we have every chance of going up, and the finances tom pursue that aim if we don''t.
I could be so Pukki, Pukki Pukki Pukki

Much praise to Farke and the management team for recognizing the talent and selling the club to a p that could have gone elsewhere for more money.

Maddison was full of praise for our manager recently. The truth is that we''d be in a far worse position if Farke wasn''t here.

In terms of development we are in a much better position than we have been for many years.

Unfortunately there are those here who whinge even when we win. The danger is that those people will drag us down into a far worse position.

yep, just as I see it - apart from the concern about the effect the whingers could have
with the onus on finding and developing players this is never going to be about instant success, but more about building a system where success is maintained, where we don''t have to put ourselves in debt or be at the whim of some manic owner to achieve success
and as that begins to deliver the whingers will crawl back where they came from
onwards and upwards

Apparently he owes some of his form to the Finnish teams''s reserve keeper who is also his new hair stylist - he did his haircut. At least so he said after their match vs Hungary. Of course, I have mixed feelings about his international exyploits as he is the second City player to sink Hungary''s ship in recent years (at the 2016 Euro qualifiers Lafferty did the same, both home and away.)  I hope we mark him better in Budapest.