Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Middsbro Match thread

Enjoying the game at the moment. Our more attacking style far more pleasing on the eye and more to get excited about.

We will find out today if our two young full backs are up to the hype.

If Tettey is for the glue factory.

If Buendia is likely to be a good ''un

Why DF loves Stiepermann so much.

and so much more.

A little bit of tinkering going on but that''s always the problem when the squad seems much the muchness.

Good test today.Come out of it with a three pointer and we will be on the up. Lose and it will be as indecisive result as the last.

Prediction time then: about 1-1.

% time: Norwich win 30%

Boro win 30%

Draw 40%

Not a bad first half so far, some nice positive attacking play at times....but lacking a cutting edge. Boro have been very quiet but have had the best chance.

Need to take advantage when you''re on top...or you know what will happen.

OTBC.

[quote user="komakino"]We are flattering to deceive as Farke plays no centre forwards. We look ''ok'' but don''t look like scoring.[/quote]
Come on, this is a massive improvement on a lot of what we''ve seen so far this season. I take your point about the centre forward though. The plan appears to be get it to Tettey to volley from the edge of the box.

Decent performance against a good Boro team. Pukki is a number 10, he isnt great leading the line but thats the only gripe for me at the moment. Aside from that we''ve been bright and positive. Played some lovely football too. Need to get a goal though.

Especially liked Klose paying homage to Adrian Coote (who is co-commentating) with that shot.

Sounds like a solid performance against one of the better teams in this division. A goal would be the cherry on the top.

Interesting to see if we can sustain it.

"A goal would be the cherry on the top."

Wouldn''t it be just? Perhaps we need Rhodes to poach one?

Just seen on TV that the binners are losing at Hull so a win for us and a little hammering for them would be the cherry on top as we ply for local supremacy.

Don''t see any point in crossing into the box with four or five giants waiting.

Against a second placed team, we are unlikely to sacrifice our midfield dominance in the search for a goal.

Just get nervous now and again with the CB''s and their sloppy passing.

Dominated first half. Lacking a goal but we have been good. Leitner quality and Buendia and Hernandez are a handful. Boro are 2nd for a reason and will have a spell of dominance. Hopefully we ride it.

That''s the thing. We do look alright, but when you play no strikers, then what do you expect the outcome to be? We are playing not to lose, which is back to the Hughton by the throat era, though slightly more entertaining.

Stieper has done well I think, unless I''ve been confusing him for another player this whole time. Looked very combative.

[quote user="tired"]Stieper has done well I think, unless I''ve been confusing him for another player this whole time. Looked very combative.[/quote]A
I was going to list other players who''ve had a good game, but probably easier to say who hasn''t! And I can''t think of one on that list. A couple of mistakes by Zimm and Klose but they''ve also done some good stuff.