Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Worried about Wednesday

It''s the DM. I can''t imagine Alex will be up to another game so soon, & there''s nobody else who is nearly as effective in that role (except Thompson of course).

I suspect we''ll see Trybull & Leitner; I like Trybull (I like all our players!) but think he''s not quite powerful enough or good enough at shielding the defence.

That worry aside I was blown away by today''s performance; if we can recreate anything like that a win is well on the cards.

Again, just a bit of concern that there''s nothing left in the tank. Perhaps a chance for players like Cantwell & Marshall? Can''t wait for Wednesday!

OTBC!

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Bit of a shame he doesn’t view Godfrey as someone to play in that position[/quote]
I don''t really see that there is an issue with playing Godfrey in that position. He can easily slot into a back three with Zimm and Klose or stay just ahead of a back four so we can be flexible with the approach.
Will he play Godfrey in a back four in the league? I''m not sure...maybe only if injuries make it essential - then if he does get picked he will have the chance to cement his place in the side like Aarons and Lewis have.  Zimmermann got the nod today, probably rightly so for his physique and arial ability and he should keep that place imo.  Our two league victories have been with Zimmermann on the pitch (that pass against Preston was superb) and Godfrey will get his chance later on, as well as in cup games.

I thought this "Tettey can''t play twice in a week" myth was dispelled 2 years ago , if not last year after he had an operation on his knee?....that coupled with him retiring from international football, I dont see any current evidence that he cant?

I think Tettey will be ok, otherwise he would have been off in the second half to rest him.
At the moment we just have to just Farke''s judgement as to who is up to it and who the team needs in each game.
The real important thing is to maintain the form over the next two league games, and shove us up the table a bit more.
Today showed we have the players to step up when called. Was there anyone on the pitch (in yellow) who did not show why he is at CR ?