Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Mid table win

Good win yesterday with players showing a lot of fight not to concede goals.we are good enough to win games but not enough to get to top six.We will probably lose or draw the next few games and then win again that is the lot of a mid table squad. Better this than bottom three.

I don''t get this desire to pigeon hole what we might achieve this season, why shouldn''t we be good enough to challenge the top six?  All possibilities are present and we are still at a stage in the season where one win can push you up the table six or more places, or one loss down the same.  Anything is still possible.

It’s too early to make this sort of prediction. Perhaps if we continue the remaining season with the same goals scored vs conceded ratios then the the op will be not too far from the truth. However the emerging trend is that we are conceding less whilst maintaining our offensive improvements. IF this trend continues we should be nearer to or in the playoffs.

I think Swindon is right. We have seen very little so far to indicate a top 6 or even a top ten finish.

Although only a few games in, we have been inconsistent so far. I hope we can settle into some kind of rhythm and a decent run.

If you really want to know where''ll we''ll finish, Ricardo knows. Don''t you normally call it by Christmas Ricky?

Daft thing is, and it is easy to look back at what have might have been, but Rhodes penalty miss against WBA may well have cost us the chance to be close to the play offs already.

Of course, last minute against the Blades, but late on against Brum.

Things can and do turn on small but very important things. That isn''t to say I see us ripping this division apart after one good performance and result. But it is hard not to be cheerful after yesterday.