Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Great performance today

Oh it surely was! I liked Pukki playing further up the park. Our young two full backs need a mention too, played very well!

Lots of excellent performances today and Tettey a deserved MOTM. Special mention for Tim Krul. Did everything right today. Two excellent saves, good decision making and dominated his box.

Tettey and Leitner excellent for me. Klose led the line at the back as a player of his class should. The two full backs were fearless and confident beyond their years and look likely to be in demand moving forward but let’s enjoy the fact that it’s another duo off the academy conveyor belt that we can be proud of.

Krul made a couple of crucial saves and that will do him the world of good.

Pukki got the goal his work deserved and Hernandez, as always, looked to take players on and get to the line.

All that said, I was delighted with the performance of Buendia. Skilful, diminutive, talented and always trying to get involved. He might not be fit to lace Wes’s boots just yet but he looked a real talent today, long may it continue.

I completely agree.
I''m not Tettey''s biggest fan, so am quick to see his mistakes, but he had a great game today, as a player AND as a captain. Looks like he''s hoping to score a couple more worldies this season too.

Funny how we see things, I like Leitner but thought he took too many touches today and could have moved the ball quicker. Steipermann needs a mention for me, a player that seems to be a squad filler with no real position, but he was excellent.

Great result and you can see the thread of Farkes tactics bearing fruit in that performance. (Although I only heard it on the radio as I couldn’t make the game).

Great to see our youngsters given the chance and show they have the talent and head to play at this level.

Long may it continue. Well done City.

Some really good performances today, a brilliant result and entertaining too. Great to come home buzzing 😀

Thought Steipermann, Tetty and Lewis were excellent but for me Leitner was MOTM, just pure class.

Not a fan off Farkes but it was a Excellent game today and everything was spot on !

Middlesboro were riding high and we beat a very good side

i think it must have been my pep talk to the players at Park Farm before the match !!

Sod''s Law says that I''ve been able to get to the two home defeats (WBA & Leeds), unable to make the Preston win (my son''s GCSEs were out the following morning) and the f''ing A14 has a road closure today (just outside Cambridge) that completely stymied my attempt to get to today''s game.

Please tell me I missed nothing and it was the same turgid stuff that had been served up this season.

Would find it difficult to describe this as a great performance as for me we were very ponderous in our build up and on occasions took twenty passes to move in to the opponents half who then picked us of with ease. It was quite alarming that when we did reach sight of their goal there was generally nobody in the box. Having said that, obviously a great result, and the effort and teamwork was good. Most impressed with the two young full backs and Lietner had his best game so far. We certainly lacked a striker with any sort of presence. It is a matter of opinion as to whether it was Farke''s superior tactics won the day, but it would be fair to say Boro were poor and posed little threat up front.

I get what youre saying vos, about us being a bit ponderous but to be fair we''re only the second team to breach Boro''s defence this season. 5 clean sheets in a row and unbeaten before today. We dominated a very good Boro side who will certainly be in the automatic promotion conversation. It wasnt a Brazil 1970 total football display but we looked bright and played some beautiful football at times... eventually carving Boro open with a brilliantly worked move resulting in the goal. I think it was a pretty good performance all in all.

I don''t think we were ponderous. I think we struggled to break them down, but hardly surprising as they seemed to be sitting very deep and playing with a back 5.

To put it another way, they were clearly trying to play the ball long and direct on every occasion; the best way to counter this was to simply keep hold of possession and not give them the opportunity to test us. In that respect, Farke got it absolutely correct today, and Boro really had no idea how they could hurt us.

What was also particularly nice was that we seemed to beat Pulis at his own game; some really robust play in general (credit to Tettey, Steipermann, and strangely I thought, Aarons), and lovely to see us cynically take as long as humanly possible to do, well, anything in the last 15 minutes.

Also, the build up to the goal was probably the best quality passing movement in the match - very nice intricate play at close range, and a class above anything Boro had to offer today.

We still didn''t make the most of the opportunities that came our way, but ultimately we deserved the win and that''s all that really counts.

Needed a result, and I thought team selection and performances were spot on.

Slated him in the past, but I thought Krul was excellent today.

First time in a while I felt team and fans uniting, and the atmosphere going up a notch.

Very pleased with today’s performance. Encouraging signs. Need to kick on from here and play like that consistently.

I''d say that wasn''t the best iteration of Farkeball we''ve seen, but it is the longest & most consistent it''s remained effective in a game, and it showed.
The way you can tell is that on the odd occasion that Boro managed to press us backwards there were very few groans of argument with it, as Carrow Road could see it as part of the whole.
He definitely hasn''t got it all right all of the time but Farke deserves a lot of credit for today, especially considering the vicious reaction when the team was announced this afternoon.

There was a degree of chess playing  strategy today which the fans understood, we were playing a Pullis team afterall. Sitting in the Barclay during these passages of play i saw a huge hole appear in left midfield about the size of target that is layed on the pitch at half time. In other words our interpassing and movement created a chance for a devistating attack. The sort that Man City or Liverpool would spring forward on a  counter attack in numbers and score.
I was really interested in what would happen in the next 20 seconds, Krul didn''t have any runners from defence into the space, the attacker ran back towards our own goal quickly followed by his marker, and then, within moments  the space had gone. We do have the quality to take advantage of this type opening over the coming season and i am sure we will. A very professionl performance today and unity returns to Carrow Road. Standing ovations to players being substituted is no bad thing.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and quite impressed with our young full backs against a Pulis side who''s average height was above six foot. A solid display from the whole squad and a clean sheet for Tim Krul.....excellent.....Quite a few empty seats.....the missing, don''t know what they missed......

[quote user="Mason 47"]
I''d say that wasn''t the best iteration of Farkeball we''ve seen, but it is the longest & most consistent it''s remained effective in a game, and it showed.
The way you can tell is that on the odd occasion that Boro managed to press us backwards there were very few groans of argument with it, as Carrow Road could see it as part of the whole.
He definitely hasn''t got it all right all of the time but Farke deserves a lot of credit for today, especially considering the vicious reaction when the team was announced this afternoon.
[/quote][Y] But is it only Farke who "doesn''t get it right all of the time"? You seem to be implying that the players always follow the game plan all of the time? DF''s post-match comments yesterday tell a different story!
I agree with your "longest and most consistent" though. Boro co-operated in that respect but, as I posted on another thread, I think the team sheet provides the real answer.