Sign in to follow this  
Massimo Venta Icenorum

Transfer Rules

Nigel keeps saying he will bring in loan players, this is what Quoted on the BCC/Sports/football/transfers. web site on transfers

Transfers - September 2005
Premiership and Football League clubs cannot now sign players until 1 January 2006.

In exceptional circumstances, such as if a club had no goalkeepers available, the Premiership or Football League might consider allowing a club to sign a player.

Conference clubs can register four short-term and four long-term loan players after the window closes, and can play five loan players in a game.

They can also sign a keeper for a minimum period of seven days outside the window if they do not have a registered keeper available.

The window does not apply below Conference National level, which means that teams in the North and South divisions will carry on as usual.

So from the sound of it we will at very best, might get one player on a short term loan.

[quote]Nigel keeps saying he will bring in loan players, this is what Quoted on the BCC/Sports/football/transfers. web site on transfers Transfers - September 2005 Premiership and Football Le...[/quote]

I am glad I am not the only one who is confused.   I spent ages on Weds night trying to get to the bottom of it and despite reading nearly all 440 pages of the FA handbook was none the wiser afterwards.

I hope that the emergency is not as strict as my understanding of it otherwise the only additions to the squads we can have before the new year will be player who currently have no contract.

OTBC

[quote]I am glad I am not the only one who is confused. I spent ages on Weds night trying to get to the bottom of it and despite reading nearly all 440 pages of the FA handbook was none the wiser afterward...[/quote]

Perhaps Nigel was thinking we are a Conference team. Afterall, we''re playing like one

[quote]Perhaps Nigel was thinking we are a Conference team. Afterall, we''re playing like one[/quote]

I find your comment very insulting.................

to the likes of Forest Green and Cambridge