Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Leaving early

Really pissed me off today, slowly walking down the stairs, in everybody’s way, started twenty minutes from the end, unbelievable

Yep - gets on my tits too.

Even though I have a front row seat upstairs, there is a banshee-voiced old crone 3-4 seats along who spends at least ten minutes of every game planning a swift exit including which direction to walk, where to park the car next time etc.

There was a new guy sat near me in the Barclay yesterday who spent the entire game calling up and waving to his mates sat in different parts of the stadium.

The same guy decided he needed to get to the bar early on 35 mins and left the game entirely on about 85.

Why even bother paying the money? I''ve brought non-Norwich supporting friends to games who consistently get more into the games than some people I see. I''m not even talking about singing or atmosphere - the minimum is to at least watch the game surely?

If it is not obvious - this guy wound me up somewhat...

When you have spent so much on watching, why would you not squeeze every drop out of it. Lock them in.

There is a couple near us that leaves bang on the 70th minute EVERY match and have done for the past 6 years.

Doesn''t matter when the kick off is or what day the game is, 70th minute. Gone.

What is the most irritating those is as OP said, the morons who leave then decide to stop on the stairs as an exciting piece of play is underway.

If your off, then go ffs.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]There is a couple near us that leaves bang on the 70th minute EVERY match and have done for the past 6 years.

Doesn''t matter when the kick off is or what day the game is, 70th minute. Gone.[/quote] For this couple the match is clearly entertainment, which is exactly what plenty of people on here keep saying going to football is all about. They just enjoy the whole thing more if they''re not held up too long afterwards etc. Much like everyone in fact, trying to make sure their fun doesn''t go sour on them.  To coin a phrase, when they know their fun is likely to stop, they stop. Simple and sensible!

Why the hell does it matter? People pay their money its their ticket they can leave as and when they chose, all you have to do is stand up for 5 seconds and let them out its no skin of your nose it is!

I do have some sympathy for those whose view is obstructed by people walking slowly down the gangways and pausing if there is a chance of a goal.

On another note - I understand the stewards are being a lot stricter about what''s being brought into the ground this season - flasks and drinks being confiscated etc

Yes, it''s a bit irritating. Yes, I don''t personally understand why so many people do it, particularly in games where the result is beyond doubt. But they do and they always will. So it''s probably not worth getting too upset over. Or discussing on here every few months!

Never understand it. Especially when we are winning or drawing. It takes me 5 mins to get out and I’m upper Barclay.

Judging by the large amount of empty seats on Saturday, I think a majority of fan-folk left before the game kicked off......

Or maybe they were they still on their holidays?......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Judging by the large amount of empty seats on Saturday, I think a majority of fan-folk left before the game kicked off......

Or maybe they were they still on their holidays?......[/quote]Probably had Boro''-supporting relatives who''d told them they needn''t bother to turn up .......

Well, on the contrary, they brought a decent following down from Boro on Saturday.....Which without their numbers, the attendance would have obviously been somewhat a ''bit lower''.....

Did you grace us with your attendance?.....

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]There is a couple near us that leaves bang on the 70th minute EVERY match and have done for the past 6 years.

Doesn''t matter when the kick off is or what day the game is, 70th minute. Gone.[/quote] For this couple the match is clearly entertainment, which is exactly what plenty of people on here keep saying going to football is all about. They just enjoy the whole thing more if they''re not held up too long afterwards etc. Much like everyone in fact, trying to make sure their fun doesn''t go sour on them.  To coin a phrase, when they know their fun is likely to stop, they stop. Simple and sensible![/quote]

Its you isn''t it? :D

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]There is a couple near us that leaves bang on the 70th minute EVERY match and have done for the past 6 years.

Doesn''t matter when the kick off is or what day the game is, 70th minute. Gone.[/quote] For this couple the match is clearly entertainment, which is exactly what plenty of people on here keep saying going to football is all about. They just enjoy the whole thing more if they''re not held up too long afterwards etc. Much like everyone in fact, trying to make sure their fun doesn''t go sour on them.  To coin a phrase, when they know their fun is likely to stop, they stop. Simple and sensible![/quote]

Its you isn''t it? :D[/quote][:D] Sadly, no Nexus. To get home for tea I''d have to have left England, never mind Carrow Road, 5 hours before the match started. And then I''d have to fight the traffic up Interstate 405, not just the Norwich ring road!

If I lived round the corner I would never leave early and rarely do but when you have to negotiate two trains or train and car you are hostage to the weekend railway timetable.

There is work on the line every weekend for months and sometimes you have to catch the 1700 and miss the last few minutes.

The fans around us understand this and some of them have their own problems from other destinations. It would be heaven to walk bus or cycle to the ground instead of arriving home at midnight on an evening game.

Just trying to put things in perspective..

I can understand people may need to leave early for transport reasons. My gripe is people getting up after about 35 to 40 mins to go to the bar and coming back 10 mins after the second half has Kicked off.
I like a pint at the ground but dont allow that to piss everyone else off by geting up early and arriving back late around half time.🍺

[quote user="Van wink"]
I can understand people may need to leave early for transport reasons. My gripe is people getting up after about 35 to 40 mins to go to the bar and coming back 10 mins after the second half has Kicked off.
I like a pint at the ground but dont allow that to piss everyone else off by geting up early and arriving back late around half time.🍺
[/quote]
This^^^ 
Mind you, kids are just as bad - had the misfortune to have a ticket near the front of the River End once with kids going in and out every five minutes and coming back with sweets, soft drinks etc etc - their parents doing the same. I was up and down like proverbial a yo yo.  Shan''t go there again! 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Van wink"]
[/quote]
This^^^ 
Mind you, kids are just as bad - had the misfortune to have a ticket near the front of the River End once with kids going in and out every five minutes and coming back with sweets, soft drinks etc etc - their parents doing the same. I was up and down like proverbial a yo yo.  Shan''t go there again! 
[/quote]
That''s one '' match day experience '' I sadly miss out on in Block K of the Jarrold [;)]
No child reductions so its pretty much a kids-free zone....

Season ticket holders are probably spoilt unlike the people who can only afford to go to a hand full of games and want to make the most of it ,arrive early and last to go usually .