Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

TWTD

[quote user="Just Dan"]Just checked my facts 41 clearances we made 26 were headed.[/quote]
It was like watching a team from the 1960''s, lobbing the ball forwards in the hope of getting a knock down.  Fair do''s we struggled to deal with it at times, but thankfully there won''t be many teams that play like that this season.

It is the longest gap between the two games that I can remember
Hopefully that grubby little club will be heading for relegation by the time they drag their manure smelling carcasses up the A140

One of their lot has written an “ offbeat” report which included the line - “It is nevertheless strange to find the seats all around mine to be occupied ”

They''re bottom of the league, playing awful football with an unproven manager and a strike force literally from league 2, 15k attendances and havent beaten their rivals in 10 years nearly.

Yet theres more pessimism on here. Go figure.

[quote user="hogesar"]They''re bottom of the league, playing awful football with an unproven manager and a strike force literally from league 2, 15k attendances and havent beaten their rivals in 10 years nearly.

Yet theres more pessimism on here. Go figure.[/quote]

Yet they''re only 2 points behind us, and after an even first half, dominated the game for large spells of the 2nd.

I think the point is that some people are completely delusional if they think we are still streets ahead of them.

Yes we hate Ipswich. But if your going to laugh at them for being so poor, you have to admit the joke is on us too.

Norwich and Ipswich are both similarly sized clubs. If we are still in the championship in 10 years time, our attendances will be no different to theirs currently.

We''ve enjoyed the recent supremacy over them. Just like they did over us in the late 90s to mid 00''s. But we''re both now back on par, and both underachieving.

You do realise the season is only 6 games in, don''t you? Talking about league positions/being this or that far ahead or behind is bonkers. One win (or defeat) changes your position by c10 places at this stage.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="hogesar"]They''re bottom of the league, playing awful football with an unproven manager and a strike force literally from league 2, 15k attendances and havent beaten their rivals in 10 years nearly.

Yet they''re only 2 points behind us, and after an even first half, dominated the game for large spells of the 2nd.

I think the point is that some people are completely delusional if they think we are still streets ahead of them.

Yes we hate Ipswich. But if your going to laugh at them for being so poor, you have to admit the joke is on us too.

Norwich and Ipswich are both similarly sized clubs. If we are still in the championship in 10 years time, our attendances will be no different to theirs currently.

We''ve enjoyed the recent supremacy over them. Just like they did over us in the late 90s to mid 00''s. But we''re both now back on par, and both underachieving.[/quote]
If you''re going to claim that they dominated the second half, then we dominated the first.

Sorry Lincoln but that attendance bit is simply untrue. Go back to our league one season 09/10 we averaged 24. 6k that season to Ipswich 20k in the league above.

If you really believe we are on par with them then you are in a good position to capitalise as not many agree with you (nationwide) for example

Norwich to be relegated most bookmakers are round the 9/1 mark currently. Compared with 1/50 to be relegated.

Ipswich to stay up around 11/8 compared with 8/15 to go down

With regards to the game Ipswich it always makes me laugh how a general consensus seems to be that "form goes out of the window in a derby" until of course we fail to beat them that is - in which case its suddenly a certain indicator that we are as bad as them.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Sorry Lincoln but that attendance bit is simply untrue. Go back to our league one season 09/10 we averaged 24. 6k that season to Ipswich 20k in the league above.

If you really believe we are on par with them then you are in a good position to capitalise as not many agree with you (nationwide) for example

Norwich to be relegated most bookmakers are round the 9/1 mark currently. Compared with 1/50 to be relegated.

Ipswich to stay up around 11/8 compared with 8/15 to go down

With regards to the game Ipswich it always makes me laugh how a general consensus seems to be that "form goes out of the window in a derby" until of course we fail to beat them that is - in which case its suddenly a certain indicator that we are as bad as them.[/quote]

That league one attendance thing was impressive, but it wouldn’t have lasted another season if we’d not gone up. Also if we’d had 10 years or more in the champ and then relegated to league one, there would be absolutely no way we’d have achieved those figures.

We are 6 games into the season, after 10 games most clubs will remain about the same position throughout the season. Let''s see who''s where, at that stage - Middlesboro,  Reading, QPR, and Wigan. Whilst those down the road have - Hull, Brentford, Bolton and Birmingham.
Must admit, looks like we''ve go the harder fixtures.

ICF;

The two seasons before promotion in 03/04 we had a run to the play off final, and another season finishing 8th. Those three seasons, along with a 4th in the premiership, and a 5th season as favourites in the championship caused the growth in our attendance.

Attendances we''re starting to fall after that, albeit slowly. The relegation actually helped to stop the slide, and install a new sense of optimism at the prospect of a season winning most games. That helped the attendances, and then with winning runs, Lambert and the feel good factor, Attendances were back up.

Last season and this season has been mediocre. Attendances are starting to drop, albeit slowly again. If this season goes the same way as last, expect to see 23-24k attendances in March and April for some games.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="hogesar"]They''re bottom of the league, playing awful football with an unproven manager and a strike force literally from league 2, 15k attendances and havent beaten their rivals in 10 years nearly.

We''ve enjoyed the recent supremacy over them. Just like they did over us in the late 90s to mid 00''s. But we''re both now back on par, and both underachieving.[/quote]
If you''re going to claim that they dominated the second half, then we dominated the first.
[/quote]

So we agree, we''re pretty evenly matched.

Lincoln, what I don''t understand is how you know what our attendance numbers would have been, or will be, but you''re not picking winning lottery numbers to guve us a bigger transfer fund?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Lincoln, what I don''t understand is how you know what our attendance numbers would have been, or will be, but you''re not picking winning lottery numbers to guve us a bigger transfer fund?[/quote]

So using a trend to rationalise a likely outcome is the same as correctly picking 6 random numbers?

Ok then.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]The only trend I can see is you post more when we’re not doing so well. When I say we I mean Norwich not Reading[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="Las Ketchup "]Total meltdown on there tonight

Keep an eye out for oldollie. He knows what he is talking about 😉[/quote]

Absolutely hilarious. Essential Saturday night reading 😂😂

[quote user="Fuzzar"]They do seem a little down in the dumps, unsurprisingly.[/quote]
Dump being the operative word when talking about Ipswich.

I think what has caused so much upset is that they had built ths season up so much - and now with only 7 games gone it could be that staying up this season will be an achievement.
Poor old binners.......only those with a hardest of hard hearts could not feel for them
or those who are City fans

[quote user="Ben"]
I think what has caused so much upset is that they had built ths season up so much - 
[/quote]
They were setting themselves up for a fall. They were so excited about spending more than £5 in transfer fees and having anybody other than MM at the helm, that they genuinely thought they were nailed on promotion certainties. It was truly bizarre but bloody amusing. They don''t seem to grasp that spending a cumulative £4mill or whatever on about 12 players is not "spending big" and they were wetting themselves that Marcus had "opened the pursestrings". Even more so when the arms dealing ticket tout showed his face publicly for the first time in a decade.
Hilarious. Hope they spend the entire season eating $h1t and crying about it.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Ben"]
I think what has caused so much upset is that they had built ths season up so much - 
[/quote]
They were setting themselves up for a fall. They were so excited about spending more than £5 in transfer fees and having anybody other than MM at the helm, that they genuinely thought they were nailed on promotion certainties. It was truly bizarre but bloody amusing. They don''t seem to grasp that spending a cumulative £4mill or whatever on about 12 players is not "spending big" and they were wetting themselves that Marcus had "opened the pursestrings". Even more so when the arms dealing ticket tout showed his face publicly for the first time in a decade.
Hilarious. Hope they spend the entire season eating $h1t and crying about it.
[/quote]
They are in serious trouble.

Hopefully we can give them a helping hand by beating Reading.
I wonder how many will turn out for them against Brentford ? I expect it will be around the 25,000 mark as it was for the game against us.
I can''t see them slipping back to the days (last season) when there around 10,000 or so farmhands glumly watching ''mad'' Mick''s dire hoofball.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]They should beg Mick to come back.......[/quote]They were rock bottom when he joined........
And they''re rock bottom now he''s gone. [:D][<:o)]