Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

TWTD

Had a few minutes to spare this afternoon so had a quick look at TWTD. There are some extraordinary comments -

None of our players would get in their team

Jamal Lewis is a very ordinary player and was lucky not to be sent off yesterday. Apparently he struggled to cope with someone called Edwards

We will almost certainly be relegated

We were extremely lucky to get a point

We only scored because their centre half had been taken off injured

The only positives for me from the game were that we weren''t quite as bad as them and they look like relegation certainties. . Am I going mad? I thought that there was some rubbish on this forum but at least there is a degree of realism.

A few weeks back they were over exciting themselves about all the millions they would have to spend after a few sales (though certainly not fire sales).
Unfortunately money does not seem to re-appear once it has been slipped into Evans back pocket - so it''s back to lower league hopefuls and aged has beens.
But we did help them to round up ten thousand or so extra farmhands to fill out the place - so we must be doing something right. Though I hope they weren''t there expecting to see a win.
And it will be another fortnight before they get that chance at poorman road. Let''s hope that the same 25,000 or so turn out to that game, or the one against Bolton 4 days later..................
............... or will they disappear as fast as transfer income does at poorman road ?

They do not deal in reality on that forum, they continuously post what they want to believe.

A strange, deluded fantasy world of footballing nonsense.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]They do not deal in reality on that forum, they continuously post what they want to believe.

A strange, deluded fantasy world of footballing nonsense.[/quote]I think that we have a fair few of these posters too!Those that believe that there is a queue of well-meaning billionaires keen to buy our club are some of them! [:D]

what !
We ably countered their hoofball. Something they were reduced to once ''all else failed''.
You can only play who is on the pitch against you. Many of our players have only recently encountered the ''boisterous'' nature of the Championship. They will adapt, as have Vrancic, Leitner and Onel.
If we keep playing like that we will be up near the top six.

if we keep playing like that we will be 15th-21st. any half decent side wouild have put 3 or 4 past them because lets face it they were dire.

to get anywhere near the playoffs we need to be beating poor sides like them easily.

If we keep playing like that we will be up near the top six.

Er no. No we won’t...

Mmmm yes ... this forum has a few deluded souls on it too :-)

Omg...TWTD is full of it I would say...I stopped reading after the post where they described us as relegation certainties... I don''t like the way our club is going , but they''re in a worse state than we are.... I mean not one of them is prepared to admit it. On here there are an amount of realists that just post it, the way it is... Some are too positive, some are too negative...

Midtable mediocrity for #ncfc this season? : YES

For about 20 minutes at the start of the second half we were totally outplayed by them and were lucky to only concede one.

If we play like that we''ll go down.

[quote user="lake district canary"]
Until they manage to break our unbeaten run against them, we have the bragging rights. End of story.
[/quote]

Although we''re unbeaten since 2009, we have won just 1 of the last 6 meetings. At that rate the bragging rights won''t last much longer. We were minutes away from losing them at "fortress" Carrow Road last year, I remember it vividly.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="lake district canary"]
Until they manage to break our unbeaten run against them, we have the bragging rights. End of story.
[/quote]

Although we''re unbeaten since 2009, we have won just 1 of the last 6 meetings. At that rate the bragging rights won''t last much longer. We were minutes away from losing them at "fortress" Carrow Road last year, I remember it vividly.[/quote]
Unbeaten is unbeaten.
Long may it last.
[H]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="lake district canary"]
[/quote]

Although we''re unbeaten since 2009, we have won just 1 of the last 6 meetings. At that rate the bragging rights won''t last much longer. We were minutes away from losing them at "fortress" Carrow Road last year, I remember it vividly.[/quote]

But we didn’t....and haven’t since 2009.

Yes it was a terrible game on Sunday, we were really poor and are going to have to improve, but the most important thing and what made me more than happy enough after a football match is that we didn’t lose to that lot.

We didn’t lose, job done.

I don''t spend too much time thinking about Ipswich but imo they are a team who could well be relegated this season where as I think we will comfortably avoid it.

I also think with our recruitment in a young team who are for the most part holding their own we have a bright future and as long as we see improvement from season to season I''ll have little complaints.

I think Ipswich have tried to the same but their recruitment seems to have been poor, we''ve had a few who haven''t worked out (Franke, Husband) but otherwise Im pleased with the signings we''ve made under Farke and Webber when you consider the value of them. Where as Ipswich have let go of their talisman in Waghorn and so far the replacements seem better suited to league 1 than here.

Long way to go yet

Seems to me we that we put up a perfectly acceptable Championship performance away from home.

We held strongly against the expected derby day onslaught which buoyed by a large, vociferous and baying home crowd firing the players up.

They threw their all at us, we rarely reached the heights but didn''t give way and, by playing that ten minutes or so of better football, achieved the desired equaliser.

If that''s the best they can do then no wonder they are placed firmly in the drop zone. We can and will do better.

1-1 away from home in the Chumps is ok, and whilst the result gave Farke breathing space he''s not off the hook, imo.

I would be more worried about a manager, who having talked the talk, changed course so much that hoof-ball was all he had left on the day, whilst starting with three debutant loan players at the expense of those that he had spent much of the limited ITFC funds on since barn storming into that club.

Good points there BroadstairsR , although I am a worried NCFC fan... I think they are worse off than we are! Omg , they were the home team...

The better players are still playing for #ncfc , it''s up to the manager to get the best out of them...and that''s where the problem is atm.

Two poor teams cancelled each othe out. One of them will probably be relegated and I don’t think it will be us.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Seems to me we that we put up a perfectly acceptable Championship performance away from home. We held strongly against the expected derby day onslaught which buoyed by a large, vociferous and baying home crowd firing the players up. They threw their all at us, we rarely reached the heights but didn''t give way and, by playing that ten minutes or so of better football, achieved the desired equaliser. If that''s the best they can do then no wonder they are placed firmly in the drop zone. We can and will do better. 1-1 away from home in the Chumps is ok, and whilst the result gave Farke breathing space he''s not off the hook, imo. I would be more worried about a manager, who having talked the talk, changed course so much that hoof-ball was all he had left on the day, whilst starting with three debutant loan players at the expense of those that he had spent much of the limited ITFC funds on since barn storming into that club.[/quote]

Very much how I see it.  And a "massive" crowd for Poorman road I think...

Definitely Farke has a breathing space - but that''s all.  I think our squad is realistically good enough for the playoffs and it''s up to him to get them performing to that level.

It will take time.
We are not bringing in ''up to speed'' league players, but those not accustomed to the ''rough and tumble'' of the Championship. However we have seen a lot of progress with the squad - something that will continue I am sure.
Some have ''hit the ground running'' so to speak eg Pukki and Buendia. Development can certainly be seen in Vrancic, Onel and Leitner with youth players coming through looking the part rather than being used to patch up a thin squad.
Talk of Farke having so many games is absolute nonsense.This is about a long term structure being developed, from the seeds of a working youth set up. Only now, ir appears to far more focused and determined. Those who want (and expect) City to have a right of promotion are deluding themselves.
For my part, watching players stepping up and working at it is far more enjoyable than seeing non committed players seeing us as little else than a fat pay packet. And just as a few will not make that step up, Franke, Husband, Effete so a number of ''fans'' will fall by the wayside, just as there we 40,00 at Wembley May 2015 yet a thousand or so empty seats at CR this season.
Stick it out, or use a stick to beat the club. We''ve been here before and it will come good. It just depends on how committed to the club you are, I suppose.

Last season we generally did better against the better sides and struggled against the more "blood and thunder" teams. Nothing that I have seen so far this season suggests that has changed and I think that needs addressing.

Looking forward to seeing McLean and Marshall to come back into the side for those types of opponent and think that both would have made an impact of the game on Sunday.

We''re not going down but not sure they''ll be a Derby next season. We made over 40 headed clearances - tells its own story doesn''t it?