Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Players out

Hernandez out for a few weeks -hernia op. Been playing through it (explains why he''s not been at full throttle lately.

Marco hip problem.

Marshall bug.

McLean, Thompson and Hanley remain out.

Not good :-(

We managed ok with the latter 5 absent on Saturday, we''ll be fine with who we have
............ as long as that list doesn''t grow any longer

Stiepermann was one of our best players on Saturday City 1st. Didn''t you notice him?

Personally I''m more disappointed about him being out than anyone as he provided real balance and support to Leitner and I was hoping to see more of that. Unlikely too that Tetty will play both Wednesday and Saturday so going to be some changes to the midfield which is how we managed to dictate the Boro game.

Stiepermann may still play. From the presser notes I read it seemed as though his injury may not be as bad. Of course, I might just be reading between the lines there!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Stiepermann was one of our best players on Saturday City 1st. Didn''t you notice him?

Personally I''m more disappointed about him being out than anyone as he provided real balance and support to Leitner and I was hoping to see more of that. Unlikely too that Tetty will play both Wednesday and Saturday so going to be some changes to the midfield which is how we managed to dictate the Boro game.[/quote]
maybe because he was not mentioned in the OP
and yes I did comment on his performance
...but then any stick, truncheon etc I suppose

yep, muddled up marco and mario.. probably due to Vrancic being out or me doing something else working on the keyboard
I even muddled up a truncheon with a stick
how odd

Pay no attention to City 1st Hairy, time of the month (but then it always is with him).

Was wondering about team selection: how about Rhodes up front with Pukki on the left (Jamal can overlap), Trybull replacing Marco & Tettey on for a half with Vrancic/Ben/Todd replacing him - or Todd instead of Tom with Tom as the possible Tettey sub.?

Not ideal, but not as disastrous as it looked at first (to me anyway).

He''s the guy no one really notices who pokes others to get a reaction.

Stieperman was a massive part of Saturdays performance. Also just as influential in the win at Cardiff. Hope he''s fit tomorrow.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Hernandez out for a few weeks -hernia op. Been playing through it (explains why he''s not been at full throttle lately.

Marco hip problem.

Marshall bug.

McLean, Thompson and Hanley remain out.

Not good :-([/quote]

You forgot Jarvis! 😂

[quote user="Ben"]
yep, muddled up marco and mario.. probably due to Vrancic being out or me doing something else working on the keyboard
[/quote]
You didn''t notice Vrancic come on as a sub on Saturday then ?

err yes
I mistakenly mixed up Mario with Maric and thought the reference was to Mario having a set back
nothing more
but feel free to interpret as you wish
you usually do
"oink oink"
any way it is Steak night at Wetherspoons so off we toddle ............... bon vivants to the end
toodle pip old woodentop

[quote user="Ben"]

We managed ok with the latter 5 absent on Saturday, we''ll be fine with who we have
............ as long as that list doesn''t grow any longer
[/quote]
What, like your nose?

Hernandez out for a few weeks -hernia op. Been playing through it (explains why he''s not been at full throttle lately.

I never really like to read that a player has been playing with a Injury it is never going to help the player or club

A Hernia is not going to get better playing only worse

also the player is not 100 % fit so will not help the team

Hernandez out for a few weeks -hernia op.

I hope his is keyhole. I had one done with open surgery three weeks ago and I can still hardly walk far. Apparently if they use mesh, it can be painful for weeks.

Rock The Boat wrote the following post at 18/09/2018 8:30 PM:

To be fair, City 1st''s line of sight doesn''t allow him to see players entering or leaving the field of play.
Or,,,, um...
He gets it wrong on every thread, complete and utter tosser.😀

keelansgrandad wrote the following post at 18/09/2018 8:53 PM:

Hernandez out for a few weeks -hernia op.

I hope his is keyhole. I had one done with open surgery three weeks

ago and I can still hardly walk far. Apparently if they use mesh, it can

be painful for weeks.
Best wishes for a swift recovery.
Hernandez will have the latest and least invasive treatment.
So many players play with little knocks in injury niggles which fans rarely know about, often explains "poor" performances.

Best wishes for a swift recovery.

Thank you.

Now they think I have an infection! Our main hospital Treliske came bottom of the league table because so many end up with infections after surgery there.

So if you are ever given a choice, avoid RCH Treliske!