Sign in to follow this  
stevencfc4eva

Norwich city crest update

Hi Guys,

I''ve put together a quick crest concept, I thought its about time we updated our crest for the modern era. I''ve put a link below (not sure it will work), feedback would be great, thanks.

https://twitter.com/SListerDesign/status/1042181607241728000

Always thought the present logo looks too busy, with a canary, ball, lion and castle on it.  However yours looks unfinished to me and lacks any detail to draw the eye in to it.  If you put the picture of the canary on the ball in the present logo into your shield, I think that would look good.

I am not averse to changing the logo. At first glance I thought you''d reproduced the one really duff aspect of the current design - those amateurish line of shading on the ball. In fact you''ve put the date 1902 is there, which is clever but I don''t think quite works. I have always thought if the ball was pannelled it would look better, as with FC Nantes:

Image result for fc nantes crest images

Nice work, Steve, but I feel it''s way too simplistic, almost sketch like, to be considered as a logo for the future. I appreciate that it''s merely a concept but it needs to look more ''fleshed out'' and professional if that makes sense? It would work perfectly for something like junior canaries where the emphasis at that stage is more on fun [:)]

I do like seeing alternative designs but personally I think our current crest is great and considering it was designed in the early 70s, has stood the test of time and think it always would. I remember some years back (maybe 10?) the club hired a team to look into designing a new crest but thankfully it never got off the ground. Some teams seemingly change their crest every few years, I think ours is perfect. It''s unmistakably Norwich City.

Nice little retro logo attempt, but I''m with LDC on this. No need to change it, love it as it is.

No, in the old Motorhead refrain - Please Don''t Touch!

Our crest is something unique and should be left alone - changing it won''t make us a better football team, there are far better things to sort before this! You will only alienate people.

Like most I’m happy with our current badge which has stood the test of time. Wow, from the 70s... Is it a record for a pro uk club... any crestologists care to comment?!

It’s like a visual embodiment of the “steady as she goes” ethos surrounding the club - a 2D Delia, or 1970s-era Pink’Un Messageboard in emblematic form, if you will

However, while not necessarily agreeing its time for a change, there’s nothing wrong with playing around with new ideas and designs . Think you’ve done a really nice job with the retro tribute and that 1902 touch, etc

The operative words were “a quick crest concept”- don’t think Steve truly believes he’s submitted a design to the club branding team.