Sign in to follow this  
Craig Brown

Drop Simon Charlton and replace him with Brennan at left back

Drop Simon Charlton and replace him with Brennan at left back. Anyway Charlton is getting old not that hes lost his touch don''t get me wrong but what he lacks is pace which is a disadvantage and thats why i feel Brennan would be more suitable playing at right back. I''ll tell u why he''s played there for most of his career, he''s good at defending which is why he gets selected for Canada. Charlton in my opinion is one of the guilty players who hasn''t been playing well and i suggest he is dropped proof of this against Stoke he didn''t play well sloppy defending letting the ball go straight over the top of him. Not only that but also i''ve noticed that he has a tendency to hit long balls over the top not ideal we can''t expect Ashton to win everything in the air we have to mix it up. And i feel that Brennan would offer this. Brennan is the man to step in while City wait for the return of Drury

Drury played a full game against Tottenham for the Reserves this week so I guess he will be back against Plymouth.

craig, with huckerby now out for two games id rather keep brennan on the left flank, we can then use mcveigh on the right instead of happing to swap the whole team around. IF Andy Hughes is fit, then sure bung Marney on the right and put mcveigh on the left with brennan at right back

[quote]Drop Simon Charlton and replace him with Brennan at left back. Anyway Charlton is getting old not that hes lost his touch don''t get me wrong but what he lacks is pace which is a disadvantage and thats...[/quote]

As Drury was on the bench for the stoke game and played against sours I am hopeful that he will start against Plymouth - IMO he remains the best left back at the club by a long long way; brennan was not a patch on him last year in the prem and charlie can defend OK but o longer has the legs for a full back role supporting the attack.   Brennan is simply unlucky to have hux and drury ahead of him in his positions. 

After all we have not lost a game when Drury has started!  

OTBC

probably either 4-3-3 with drury at the back, brennan on the left and hux left forward. Or 442, with either hux up front and brennan on the left or brennan left bakc and hux on the left mid