Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Reading match thread

Phew! That turned into a bit of an ordeal.

Back to back wins. Crikey. Well done lads.

A scrappy game against a poor Reading team. Looked very good going forwards at times but some sloppy passing in midfield and at the back made it more difficult than it should have been. Another 3 points that keeps the momentum going.

MOTM - Pukki - he''s like the energizer bunny on crack.

OTBC

Get in.

Not brilliant by any stretch, and it is very frustrating this habit of sitting back after the break.. we were always going to concede, just like the Ipswich game.

However, midweek, away from home, injury hit, and consecutive wins, we finally have a foundation to build on and it couldnā€™t have come at better time for Farke. Strangely, reminiscent of this time last year.

We do need to find a way of maintaining control though.

Great stuff. 3 points and a but of confidence. Lots of good individual performances.

Cantwell looked very promising. Pukki is a real gem - what a great signing. Stiepermann excellent again. Vrancic was mostly very good except for a few dodgy moments but considering he had no real preseason then thats forgivable. Special mention to Rhodes too -thoughthe was brilliant when he came on, exactly what we needed.

All about the result in the end. Delighted with another 3 points and the introduction of another home grown into the line up.

Pukki has to be my man of the match. All on his own for half the match but looked dangerous when he had it. Should have been greedy instead of passing to Tettey.

Whoever scouted him deserves a nice bottle of Spiced Rum.

Good performance and excellent result. Enjoyed watching the young lads play without fear.

Reading look like they''ll be in for a long season.

Strange how we were all at sea at 1-0 in the 2nd half, but in complete control at 2-1.

Good result and positives to take rom the game as well as some questions.

Three points in the bag, well done Farke & the lads, long may it continue.

KiwiScot wrote the following post at 19/09/2018 9:34 PM:

We have to win this game. I''m watching the stream in the link and these commentators are just to much.
šŸ˜‚  It was like a spoof commentary.........loved it when City scored.......added to the pleasurešŸ˜€

3 youth academy players doing 90 minutes, and involved in an away win at this level. Don''t underestimate that.

Additionally, delighted to see Vrancic back.

Is it me or is Steipermann like a completely different player this season? He''s been awesome the last couple of games!

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Excellent from Cantwell and Vrancic late on. Leitner awful as usual, we move forward far more quickly without him.[/quote]

Disagree... thought Leitner was very good for the first half hour. Always an option, and he good movement to always be available can get unoticed.

Faded in the second half, and subsequently so did the team. Possibly proving how effective and important he is.

I''ll absolutely take 6 points in 5 days with two totally contrasting situations, a top 6 side at home and a basement scrapper away.
I am still a little concerned that we lack the facility to finish a game off concisely, be it personnel or management. But the job has been done, so I''m a happy name + number tonight.

[quote user="Van wink"]

KiwiScot wrote the following post at 19/09/2018 9:34 PM:

We have to win this game. I''m watching the stream in the link and these commentators are just to much.
šŸ˜‚Ā  It was like a spoof commentary.........loved it when City scored.......added to the pleasurešŸ˜€
[/quote]

I can''t quite believe how poor that commentary was. If I were listening to that over the radio I wouldn''t have a clue what was going on -- they spent half the game bashing Reading and especially laid into one of their wingbacks.

I have never felt downcast about this season and this squad. They need time and to build momentum. I feel there is plenty of improvement to come yet as there are some good players there.

[quote user="hogesar"]3 youth academy players doing 90 minutes, and involved in an away win at this level. Don''t underestimate that.

Additionally, delighted to see Vrancic back.[/quote]
Don''t forget though Hoge that Farke doesn''t give the kids a chance. [;)]

Pukki was outstanding today, great finishing and tremendous pace which he uses so well to find gaps, gives the whole team condfidence going forward.

Well of course, KIO, this was merely forced upon him by Deli...oh no we hate her too...well Webber mad...oh no he''s also awful....damn.

[quote user="Van wink"]Pukki was outstanding today, great finishing and tremendous pace which he uses so well to find gaps, gives the whole team condfidence going forward.[/quote]
He''s the best pure finisher we''ve had at the club since Holt. He''s absolutely surgical in his precision. 

Some real positives there especially how we closed them down from the front and came back after they had equalised. Three from the academy as well.

You can record the game on the red button and then watch the recording. Then when we score you can rewind to make your own replays šŸ™‚