Sign in to follow this  
Ray

Entertained –YES, Proof of the pudding still to come

At last, attractive and entertaining football and even if we had come away with only one point, or dare I say it no points, I would have still been happy. There certainly appeared to be a change in tactics (mindset) and I am as certain as I can be that by playing attractive, attacking football, we will win enough to be there or thereabouts. That said the proof of the pudding will be the next 3 or 4 games, will we play with the same intensity and tactics as we did second half yesterday or revert back to the football of the previous matches? I sincerely hope the former, this in my opinion will be the proof of the pudding that DF is finding his way. And to stick to the pudding metaphor, yesterday was a Mary Berry spectacular chocolate cake as opposed to an Eton mess and long may it continue.

One swallow and all that Ray. But I do agree that we are finding our way. I actually think its a matter of belief from the players because there have been glimpses all season - just not enough of them for a sufficient period of time in any match. Boro are obviously a decent team because their position and record doesn''t lie, yet I felt we were the better footballing team yesterday. Bielsa has stated before that we were better than the table and results indicated. The next 3 will be of great interest and who knows what might happen at a slightly resurgent Reading after yesterday. I do believe however we might be very close to one of those kind of 0-2 or 0-3 away day results we have in us.

In particular we now have some real muscle in midfield and Buendia is no pushover either as the creative spark.

An interesting period ahead now and I think the 2 week break has done us good.

Still a bit concerned about the chef (coach) although all the ingredients (players) appear to be in the mix but credit where it is due, the chef has put the cake in the oven now and it''s starting to rise. It''s the jam in the middle (a thumping victory) and the icing on the top (a run of thumping victories) I''m looking forward to, plus of course the lighting of the candles when we get into an automatic promotion position.

RTB,

No but will confess to enjoying the odd muffin!!

I just had to, sorry lads and lasses.