Sign in to follow this  
Peter Gates

Worthy anounces he missed signing Jeffers

Franny Jeffers was going to sign for City on loan before going to Rangers announces Worthy see Sky Sports.

This is from the man who plays his cards close to his chest when dealing with transfers.

Is it a ploy to try to placate us that he was actually doing something, is he getting rattled or is he being forthcoming, you guess !

But too late Nige you can mention all the names you like but reality is we have no new faces on board when we desperately needed them and your loan policy looks decidedly dodgy i.e. "emergency indeed".

Nice one Worthy, why bother to announce this?  Could you not have just said you missed out on two players rather than name them?  Yet another kick in the teeth for McKenzie when his confidence is already low!

For some of you guys Worthy can do nothing right! I have read so many comments over the last few weeks that;

- Worthy isn''t looking for anyone to add to the squad so sack him

- Worthy is just sitting in the sun being lazy so sack him

- We never know whats going on behind the scenes and its not fair

Now the club are responding to Fan''s complaints, letting us know about some activity that went on behind the scenes, and people complain about that! Doesn''t it get depressing being so negative all the time?

[quote]For some of you guys Worthy can do nothing right! I have read so many comments over the last few weeks that; - Worthy isn''t looking for anyone to add to the squad so sack him - Worthy is just sittin...[/quote]

I do not feel that the club have to tell us who they missed out, who they want to sign etc.  All I care is that they tried.

Quite frankly Worthy''s main problem at the moment is turning the teams fortunes around.  He is not going to acheive that by announcing he tried to sign a striker and defender, it undermines the confidence of players currently in the team. 

[quote]Franny Jeffers was going to sign for City on loan before going to Rangers announces Worthy see Sky Sports. This is from the man who plays his cards close to his chest when dealing with transfers. Is...[/quote]

Quite honestly, trying to sign Jeffers was bad enough. However, admitting that you''ve tried to sign Jeffers is a sackable offence. Knowing that we we''re not succesful is a God send.

what is worthy on, signing another striker?

he must be taking something, i swear!

isnt it quite plain that our midfield is a shambles, our club is overun with strikers and half our players are getting old now?

to worthy it aparently doesnt, he tries to sign yet another striker.....

[quote]what is worthy on, signing another striker? he must be taking something, i swear! isnt it quite plain that our midfield is a shambles, our club is overun with strikers and half our players are getti...[/quote]

I wouldn''t worry he was probably trying to sign Jeffers for the right midfield slot

haha, saint, come to think of it your probably right!