Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Interesting re Oliviera

I see he’s turning out for our U23’s in today’s match at home to Newcastle (K/O 2pm). Could this be his gradual integration back in to the first team picture? I’m absolutely certain him and Pukki together in our new look side would be pretty unstoppable in this division, infact I would go as far as to say it’d be the best strike pairing in this division, and top 6 or better would look very possible to me.

No thanks. Happy with what we’ve got, plus McLean to come back. No space left for the petulant waste of money.

Plus what would be the impact on the team spirit? Can’t see him being a favourite in the dressing room after his recent behaviour.

Oliviera won''t play for the first team again. No chance.
It''s all gone a bit too far for him I''m afraid.

[quote user="ricardo"]Eh?Pinto is having a run out but I can''t see any mention of Oliviera.
[/quote]
Playing up top with Idah

[quote user="Nuff Said"]No thanks. Happy with what we’ve got, plus McLean to come back. No space left for the petulant waste of money.

Plus what would be the impact on the team spirit? Can’t see him being a favourite in the dressing room after his recent behaviour.[/quote]

A.) McLean, eh? He’s not a striker so don’t get the relevance there.

B.) you are privy to behind the scenes at Carrow Rd then, and obviously know that Nelson is a bad egg from personal dealings I take it? What’s your proof exactly, or do you believe everything you read on here, Twitter etc? There is NOTHING whatsoever to suggest he is any trouble in the dressing room whatsoever, but if you can offer proof of this then I’m all ears.

Yes, if I was looking to put someone in the shop window I''d definitely wait until a month after the window shut to start playing him...

Some may see it as a shop window.....but some may see it as the first step back to the first team squad....if he''s here until at least january and we''re paying his wages , we may aswell use him?... Farke has already seen through Rhodes and dropped him and I''d far rather have the far superior Oliverira around the matchday squad, if not on the bench as previously mentioned, I'' d see potential in a partnership with Pukki

Not really too surprising, hopefully this is the beginning of a road which will either help him be sold, or help him back into the first team. I don''t mind which way that falls, with our new signings we now have the luxury of not worrying about what mood Nelson is in, but if he gets back to form it can only be a good thing as he''s still probably our best natural finisher at the club.

Maybe he''s sorted his attitude? Maybe he''s realised having had one deal fall through and little to no interest elsewhere that his best opportunity is to get a chance with us? I personally wouldn''t play him ahead of either Pukki or Rhodes as I feel both offer more to the team.

[quote user="king canary"]Yes, if I was looking to put someone in the shop window I''d definitely wait until a month after the window shut to start playing him...[/quote]The January sales shop window (and indeed the window for next year''s Summer sales) opened the moment the last transfer window closed. 
DF reiterated just a week ago that the situation as regards NO remains unchanged, i.e that Rhodes, Pukki and Srbeny are our first team strikers. Why don''t people listen to him rather than trying to read the exact opposite into Nelson''s turning out for the U23s?

The thing is, WestCoast, is that it was also said by Stuart Webber that Nelson has been absolutely no problem at all, and NCFC would not be disappointed if he was still here after the transfer window closed, infact if I remember rightly he also stated ‘the door is always open for him’. As for Farke’s comments - I heard what he said at the time, and my response would be that things could well have changed since he made that statement.

Btw full time... Norwich 2 Newcastle 1. Oliveira with both goals...

"We have the lead. Pinto picks out Oliveira who nods into the bottom corner!"

FT: 2-1

What happens next?

a) Remains part of the U23 squad

b) Buries the hatchet with Farke/Webber & knuckles down to regain a place in the first team squad.

Would you put him in the squad for Wycombe?

What hatchet, Woodman? Stuart Webber has said himself that contrary to popular belief, Nelson is a model pro and no trouble at all. So not sure what hatchet needs burying.

[quote user="Alex "]The thing is, WestCoast, is that it was also said by Stuart Webber that Nelson has been absolutely no problem at all, and NCFC would not be disappointed if he was still here after the transfer window closed, infact if I remember rightly he also stated ‘the door is always open for him’. As for Farke’s comments - I heard what he said at the time, and my response would be that things could well have changed since he made that statement.

Btw full time... Norwich 2 Newcastle 1. Oliveira with both goals...[/quote] So what exactly might have changed in the last week. Both Rhodes and Pukki played on Wednesday. Has Srbeny suffered a major injury that will keep him out for months? Or maybe thrown an Oliveira-style tantrum because he isn''t first choice?  DF repeated that those three are our first team strikers. Nelson is in the same boat as Idah in that respect, 

[quote user="Alex "]What hatchet, Woodman? Stuart Webber has said himself that contrary to popular belief, Nelson is a model pro and no trouble at all. So not sure what hatchet needs burying.[/quote]

Totally agree Alex - too many Oliviera haters on here - he''s better than Rhodes (ineffective so far) and yes I reckon he might feature against Wycombe - yes he can be stroppy but too much talent just to leave him to rot

Webber (EDP 3/8/18): “We spoke at the end of the season, agreed it might be best for all of us if his future lies elsewhere,” Webber said, adding that players can be sold to clubs abroad beyond Thursday’s transfer deadline, with the loan window closing on August 31.

“We then had the same conversation when he came back in and I was honest with him and said ‘we can’t wait until the end of the window to replace you’. He said ‘of course, you have to do what’s right for Norwich, I’m grateful for the opportunity you gave me, you paid a lot of money for me, you’ve paid me a lot.

“That’s when we signed Teemu (Pukki) and Jordan (Rhodes). We always agreed that he wouldn’t play the games in pre-season because it would be about the boys who are going to be here but then the door is always open.”

He added: “We all expect Nelson to go and he probably expects that as well but at the same time he’s still got two years left on his contract, he’s an unbelievably good player, a good professional, and if he is still here he probably strengthens us a little bit.”

A very clever PR spin on the situation, bigging him up but all but declaring he has no future at the club. I think everyone''s being naive if they think there''s no rift between Oliveira and Webber/Farke.

[quote user="Alex "]What hatchet, Woodman? Stuart Webber has said himself that contrary to popular belief, Nelson is a model pro and no trouble at all. So not sure what hatchet needs burying.[/quote]

If there’s no issue and you’re taking what Webber said at face value then why is NO turning out for the U23’s? He’s clearly a talented footballer yet has been no where near the first team squad and was kept away during preseason.

Does anyone really expect Webber to say anything different to the press when he’s got a wage on the books he desperately wants rid of? A talented footballer and good professional (plus a high earner) as Webber stated wouldnt be playing his first football match for the u23s in mid September.

A problem that Farke persevered with last season but with other options now available, has been moved aside.

And it would be a huge shame and enormous gamble to try and reintegrate a player that was clearly an issue last season.

(Yes that’s some guesswork but why else has he not been involved this season or preseason....and why has no one bought him?)

[quote user="lincoln canary aka Golden Coppel"]It’ll be a huge shame if pride gets in the way here. Oliveria could still have a positive impact for us. I hope Farke can reintegrate him.[/quote]So it can only be pride (on the part of Webber/Farke) that could possibly be getting in the way of Oliveira''s reintegration? What could possibly explain your suggesting that?

As Napoleon knew, occasionally you have to shoot a general or two.

If red lines are drawn, crossing them undermines coaches and other players - and their attitudes to ‘the boat’ - can be negatively affected.

A Sporting Director has to simultaneously support the Coach and boat, whilst endeavouring to protect and maximise the value and saleability of the asset.

Thus apparently conflicting statements and actions are actually no such thing.

Parma

[quote user="Parma Ham''s gone mouldy"]As Napoleon knew, occasionally you have to shoot a general or two.

If red lines are drawn, crossing them undermines coaches and other players - and their attitudes to ‘the boat’ - can be negatively affected.

A Sporting Director has to simultaneously support the Coach and boat, whilst endeavouring to protect and maximise the value and saleability of the asset.

Thus apparently conflicting statements and actions are actually no such thing.

Parma[

Parma,

It is possible to pull up from the water and back into the boat an appropriately remorseful and contrite individual of course.

Whether Nelson wants to eat that large slice of humble pie to be re-integrated is a question but I fancy him to be top scorer in the u23 league in the interim!