Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk  Dan

QPR - Match Thread

What a fantastic week. Hopefully the corner has been well and truly turned. 9 points from Boro at home and 2 away games is a very good return indeed. Thought we did a real job on QPR. Few dodgy moments from individual errors but largely looked comfortable and competent.

Why on earth are people in other threads whinging about Nelson when we have a striker on fire? Teemu Pukki is an inspired signing. Hes only 2 goals away from nelson''s season total for last year. Unbelievable that we got him for nothing. The guy is an apex predator in the box.

Well done lads. Lets keep it going.

That is a stonewall penalty in my opinion.

Not that I care! Great result, well done Timm!

I love that we are giving players like Cantrell, Lewis and Aarons a shot. Seems to be paying off.

Disagree could easily have scored first half when Pukki just missed out on getting on the end of Lewis’s cross and perhaps should have made it 3 at the end. Perhaps lacked a bit of cutting edge

Still we were playing a team away who themselves are on good form and perhaps can consider ourselves lucky we didn’t concede a penalty late on. Other than we kept QPR at bay and they created little for the home side.

I feel the ball could just hit Pukki and it would go in! Jk great having a striker who knows instinctively the positions to get in and where the goal is.

Good 3 points. TBH I believe that we have turned a corner if we firmly set foot in the top six. I keep fingers crossed. Pukki''s goal was one of the funniest I remember.

It has been a good week. And we look more capable as a team.

I like to take each game as it comes and at the moment am delighted that we are winning. I''ll worry when I have to and complain if I have to.

Stiepermann with the assist too 👌

Would just like to point out that i said in my post bham match report on here that despite onel getting the two goals, i had a feeling pukki would be the critical man for our season.

Anyone know how long Pukki is contracted?

Pukki plays the game with a smile on his face. Such a natural goalscorer, the like we may not have seen since Holt

Any away win is a good result, to keep a clean sheet is better and to do it while pretty much controlling the game and keeping an in-form side largely at arm''s length is top notch. It matters not how the goal was scored, it (and the result) was totally deserved.

Onwards and upwards we go!

Agree Dylan, how on earth McClaren has earned such high profile jobs is beyond me. What a tool of an interview. Loved Eadie''s face when they went back to the studio after that!

Wow!..got to love the Championship..talk about competitive!..in the space of just 7 days City have hauled themselves up the table to 11th, still nicely away from the prying eyes who daily look at the top 6...but for how long?...just nine games in i know...but how many of us fans would have  taken being just 4 points from top spot after 9 games?...its reality and im taking it.
A crazy, wonderful week, well done Farke and his lads. OTBC.

Well done Farke the team was Excellent

Tactics spot on and we looked very good

we are not ever going to steam roll teams and and other teams will always have chances

But if we can keep to playing football like we have done maybe not winning every game we play but playing like that the future is bright

I Have changed my opinion of Farke and i get what others have been saying about sticking with him now

not just because we are mixing it up sometimes direct sometimes keep ball and the balance is pleasing to see

i also think the team should stay as it is until drop of form or injuries everyone played for their place

Pukki up top is looking like a fantastic signing and more mobile that other strikers we have with that touch of class

Cause for concern at the end but overall I thought we were very good

I am so pleased for Stiepermann.When he was being played at left back I posted that his best position is as a attacking midfielder and he has grasped his chance and certainly deserves to stay in the team for the foreseeable future or until his form drops.I certainly wouldn''t want McLean to come straight back into the team when he is fit as I think that his injury was the reason for Stiepermanns chance to show his quality.

I was also very critical of Cantwell and stated that I didn''t think he had much of a chance of first team football.Well I admit I got it wrong.While I don''t think he is a nailed on certainty for selection he has shown enough skill and quality to warrant a place in the squad.

Farkes willingness to give youth a chance has to be applauded.Jamal Lewis has been a revelation and his selection for international honours is well deserved.Perhaps making him spend a whole week only kicking with his right foot would be my only critique.

To be honest I think I am more impressed with the young lad on the other flank,Aarons. Today I thought he showed a maturity beyond his years,he was my man of the match.

I think most City fans if there were to be honest would accet that they have been pleasantly surprised by the turn around of many of the plays - though probably the words are development or improvement.
As well as those you mention Tettey has been a revelation this season. Not only in his new found vigour and shooting, but his assertive play as captain.
Zimmerframe looks to have added a good bit of muscle whilst Leitner looks class, just as Vranci does, Buenia certainly is no shrinking violet tackle wise and will improve as the season goes.
As to the youth players Farke seems to be getting it right. they get on the pitch when they are ready - not as some make weights hoping to learn, but when they are able to compete.
Maybe by Saturday more fans will be on board what the club is doing and aiming at.
Points wise we are not far of the top, we are still in the cup and looking to perhaps progress. Has anyone seen the quality and numbers of youngsters currently coming through.  We have the makings of a replacement for Holt (Pukki) though it''s early days yet. And we''ve still to see McLean, Passlack or Gordon showing what they can do. Hanley, Onel and Pinto to return.
Who would bet where we will be come Xmas ?

Great result. Didn’t see this turnaround coming, hopefully we can build on it.

Pukki gives our possession based football an attacking edge, which we lacked last year. I’d still like us to be more ruthless though, and we do struggle to take advantage when we’re on top. We always seem to concede a spell to the opposition, and let’s be honest we’ve had to ride our luck during these spells in the last couple of games. So we need to find a way to stop this happening, as we’re usually in complete control preceding this concession of play.

Aarons looks class, he’s taken to first team football at this level like a duck to water. Lewis was very good too, and having two pacey attacking full backs who can defend is something we’ve missed for bit.

Cantwell looks decent, but I’m not as convinced yet. He has a lot to learn (to be expected) and it’ll be interesting to see him develop. I still think Ben Marshall and McLean might be better options when fit.

I really rate Leitner.. but he needs to cut out some of his mistakes. Reckon there’s a concentration issue with him, and Buendia was poor yesterday. Hopefully it’s just a symptom of adjusting to the game, as there’s definitely some serious talent there. Did anyone think he looked a tad peed off when he was subbed?

As lastly, I not a fan of Tettey. I feel he’s long past his best. however, he was excellent.

Just watched the whole game back and very impressed. We now appear to have two very good, mobile fullbacks who can attack AND defend. Lewis''s workrate was particularly impressive.

I also really liked Cantwell''s contribution - a little naive at times - but really good in possession, not unlike Maddison. I think he''d be more effective, and will end up, centrally eventually.

Generally solid defensively - any coincidence the recent improvement is down to Zimmerman''s presence? - but Klose makes me edgy and I''m not sure Krul is the solution.

But nine points in a week - fantastic!