Sign in to follow this  
ronbol ronbol

Moroccan flag in the barclay

Did anybody else see the Moroccan flag in the lower barclay at the last home game?shame it didn''t have moroccan all over the world written underneath.p.s where did they get that from?

[quote]Did anybody else see the Moroccan flag in the lower barclay at the last home game?shame it didn''t have moroccan all over the world written underneath.p.s where did they get that from?[/quote]

Flags r Us perhaps?

Seeing this thread reminded me of another story of a Morrocan flag.
I think it was World Cup 98 and my brother got some tickets for random games (including a semi iirc)
One of these games was Morroco v Someone (possibly Sweden, I forget) and in true English style my bro decided to get behind Morroco and bought himself a flag on the way to the stadium.

Well, in the end Morroco lost but it was closer than expected and a pretty good game. I was watching the game on telly and thought "Wouldn''t it be wierd if I saw him!"
Just then the camera panned around the supporters and there he was, right in the middle of a big group of fans, still waving his flag and singing! The commentator said "and theres some disconsolate Morrocan supporters" when really at least one was a ringer

Spookily enough there has been a norwich flag flying in Agadir in Morocco for the last week where the Nolegs clan have been on tour!...Shame about the results especially considering the price of English newspapers in Morocco!!