Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Don't believe the negative hype!

[quote user="Ben"]
The sad reality is that every club that has been relegated has been promoted back to the PL, apart from us.
Why did we not re-adjust to losing £30m ? Where is a policy that finds and develops players that match our budget ?
Surely it must have dawned on the club that even while we were in the PL we should have been developing youth players. Players who could now be stepping up and slotting into the first team.
The club hasn''t even developed the ground. Imagine how much extra revenue we would be getting now if we had a new stand holding 12,000 seats, an extra 10,000 paying customers and all the corporate over spill from Yellows.
The club never listens to fans, that is why it is failing in every department. They couldn''t even pick the right colour paint for the dressing room. And it appears now we aren''t even able to play at all next weekend. And as to who the club arranged our next League Cup game with ... Wycombe. That should tell you all you need to know about the club''s lack of ambition.
The club''s a joke. Delia and Michael ? Elena and Nicholae Ceaușescu more like.
Bring back Watling and Ron Saunders.
[/quote]

What the hell has Wycombe got to do with anything ?

Delia. Not one fan on this forum bleeds yellow and green more than her.

Quick poll to the fans on this forum. How many of you have been pictured wearing an Ipswich scarf?

[quote user="JF"]Delia. Not one fan on this forum bleeds yellow and green more than her.

Quick poll to the fans on this forum. How many of you have been pictured wearing an Ipswich scarf?[/quote]

To be fair, I think she was handed that on a live TV programme.. it was not hers....

To be fair, I think she was handed that on a live TV programme.. it was not hers....

Doubt it. Not the picture I’m talking about anyway.

[quote user="JF"]Delia. Not one fan on this forum bleeds yellow and green more than her.

Quick poll to the fans on this forum. How many of you have been pictured wearing an Ipswich scarf?[/quote]
Good grief, not that old chestnut again. lets have the truth -

DarrenWhy don''t you sell the Club and let

someone who actually really supports the Club take over rather than

someone from Suffolk who was pictured in 1978 wearing an Ipswich scarf

at a cup final at Wembley?

Delia SmithHi

Darren, yawn yawn! We''ve said it before but let''s just trot it out one

more time I was NOT at Wembley! I was working for Multi-coloured Swap

Shop and the joke was my rosette and hat were turned round to reveal the

Norwich colours amidst very loud booing as we were filming in

Christchurch Park, Ipswich. Meanwhile I''d like to thank all Canary fans

who live in Norfolk, Suffolk, all around the country and indeed, all

around the world. 

Quick poll to the fans on this forum. How many of you have ever posted anything up about that incident ?

[quote user="lake district canary"]

We have a good team in the making. Still learning, still getting to know how to get the best out of themselves, still developing. 
The whole club from top to bottom is healthy financially, healthy on the football coaching side, healthy with good players - and with a plan and the determination to see it succeed.
[/quote]
Lakey''s words in red should be stuck at the top of this forum - if only for those with no patience
And underneath his other words - for those who have no trust in our club.
3 straight wins from when Lakey posted up those (edited) thoughts
Yep, much to look forward to and much to appreciate being City supporter
Onwards and up the table ...wards

It''s only three games, but it has shown the negativity was too entrenched and way over the top. We''ve had a good week and an improving situation, with players that have come in for injured players doing the business and proving we have strength in depth in the squad, with those out through injury possibly finding it difficult to get back in the team once fit. That can only be a good thing going forwards as competition for places is going to be even more fierce.
We could lose the next three, who knows, but the bottom line is that

the just being negative for the sake of it, or for some past misdemeanours,

or because people think we can''t compete because we haven''t got x

millions to spend, or the players aren''t good enough...etc etc.....was

premature and way too pessimistic. 
Negativity, once set in is hard to get rid of - you have to fight against it with positivity.......or at least not let the negatvity take you over.  The trouble is that on here and on social media, the barrage of negativity gets to a ridiculous level - so at least if there are a few more positive views posted around the place, the balance can be restored a bit.
Onwards we go - don''t know if it is up the table or down it, but I know one thing for sure - the future matches have not been played yet and the results are not in, so anything is possible.  I hope it''s a roller coaster of a season, those are the most exciting seasons, ups and downs, highs and lows, but, of course, hopefully with the emphasis on the ups.

What you may have overlooked is the negative voices are those that only appear here when things aren''t going too well.
Why are they not here now telling us that we need a new ''hinvestor'', a new manager and be rid of these 4th tier German players.
Why, because in the main they are little more than bin filth.
So best ignore them ...........
.........and hide any charity boxes you see.

that couldn''t be the ones who never post a positive comment

or the ones with loads of alter egos having multiple conversations on the same thread with themselves

I think even when we weren’t quite getting the results in the first few games, it was clear to a lot of supporters that there had been a few (positive) changes from last season, and so was a shame to see so many getting on Farke’s back so quickly into a new campaign. It appears that we’re finding the right balance now, especially at the back where 3 of the 4 defenders have been changed compared to who started the season opener and subsequent few games - Zimbo, Aarons, and Lewis. I think they’ll be first choice for the rest of the season now (although Lewis always was). And I still feel that we have many many technically gifted players capable of playing the ‘Farke Way’ than what we’re given credit for, I do have to smile when they get called German second division rejects or whatever as simply they’re not - we have carefully bought some great players that were simply struggling with form, right club - Leitner for Christ’s sakes got to a Champions League final, the reality is we should never have been able to buy someone of his undoubted ability whilst in the Championship! Looking through the squad you could say similar things about quite a few of the players and their pedigree. So I’ve always had faith that should we keep our chins up as supporters and show a little bit of patience then these players would respond in a positive way as they adapted or whatever (see Vrancic). Things are definitely looking up for us, that most certainly includes the youth academy in a big way, and I see no reason why we can’t keep it up as genuine contenders - be that Top 6 or Auto’s I’ll let you decide. It’s all there for us. I was very impressed with how we played against Arsenal and Chelsea last season with a lot of the continental players appearing more comfortable in these kind of games than the more workmanlike rigours of the Championship, so I really hope we do well this season and see what we can do back where I feel we belong. Looking forward to heading back up for the Wigan game Saturday OTBC