Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Don't believe the negative hype!

[quote user="komakino"]"Anyway, what abysmal status quo? We have a virtually new team compared to a year ago, so things have not stood still, the club has developed a whole new approach, based on footballing people making the important decisions"

Things off the pitch have improved to a degree and the squad is better. The manager is completely failing with the tools at his disposal and therefore should be replaced at the earliest opportunity.
"And how does your "status quo" somehow benefit the majorty shareholders?"
It benefits Delia Smith because NCFC is a vehicle for her own ends to keep her in the public eye. The club is not benefiting form her selfish behaviour.

"Are you fooled by those who say they are taking money out of the club?"
No. But if she does not wish to invest, then she should sell to somebody that does. Again, the club is not benefiting from her presence.

"Are you somehow unable to accept that it is perfectly natural to pass on their assets to family members and who have brought them onboard to get the necessary experience?"
Norwich City is a Football Club. Not a Grandfather Clock.[/quote]
Unfortunately, the ways of the world are as they are. The majority shareholders are there because they put their money into the shares and they own them, so what they do with them is up to them and passing them on to a family member and protecting with some kind of trust (which is what they stated will happen) is perfectly sensible. They have even brought said family member on to the board to get the necessary experience.
If at some point a suitable investor comes along, then that is different, but plainly they set a high bar for anyone who might be interested - that imo is a good thing. 

[quote user="Dicky"]LDC - you are making it very easy for people to take the pee out of you - in fact, you may well be a troll out for a laugh. But don''t tell real fans how they have to behave or accuse them of not being real fans because they can see the club they love rotting away in front of their eyes. Rather than being promotion contenders (which we would be if we were run and managed properly) we were under the cosh by the worst Ipswich team in history, who are bottom of the league, with a manager out of his depth and a 94 year old striker. Zero ambition is not something I will ever accept as a fan. We have Fake, Fake Klopp in charge, looking helpless on the touchline, Webber who got a bit lucky at Huddersfield under the impression that he can buy a load of average (if that) Germans and the same thing will happen at Norwich and owners who don''t care what the fans want, are happy to turn up, smoke fags and drink wine, entertain their luvvie friends, take a nice bit of money out of club (whilst cashing in on the Norwich connection on adverts) and pass it on the civil-servant young Tom who has no clue and no money.[/quote]
Rotting away? Are you having a laugh?  No team is a walk over and Ipswich were unbeaten at home this season. Farke and Webber are doing their best to create somethng for us and Farke himself has made perfectly logical decisons in the last few games. He is a deep thinker and involving the young players on Sunday was part of a strategy to get them all involved before the international break (imo). 

So we have good players, a good coach but only 5 points and no win in 11 away games.... why is this if all is rosy? I wish I had the answers but maybe someone else (lakey?) has....

[quote user="Mike "]So we have good players, a good coach but only 5 points and no win in 11 away games.... why is this if all is rosy? I wish I had the answers but maybe someone else (lakey?) has....[/quote]
You can''t make an omelette without breaking eggs.

Note to self for future. Don’t open any more LDC threads. If you’ve read one you’ve read them all...

[quote user="JF"]Note to self for future. Don’t open any more LDC threads. If you’ve read one you’ve read them all...[/quote]

You have to read them look how many numbskulls bite everytime

It''s a joy to watch him work

[quote user="JF"]Note to self for future. Don’t open any more LDC threads. If you’ve read one you’ve read them all...[/quote]
I wonder if he''s alone in that or if loads of us actually post the same old nonsense day in day out? How varied do you imagine your posts to be?

Keep going LDC......it’s fun to watch.

But you’re not wrong, with a few seasons of building now, not selling the next young talent we could well be a top half championship team.

But I don’t agree that this current team is anywhere near as good as you think it is, our youngsters have a very promising future and should they all fulfill their potential with a couple decent additions we could be up there in three or four years.

It’s going to take time to build again and we still have Klose, Pinto, Oliviera and Jarvis on our wages, once these are off then we can really see how the squad will be built.

As for changing Farke, nope he’s focused on our youth and doing a damn fine job with the restrictions he’s enduring.

We didn’t lose, we gained another point closer to safety, anoth game without being beaten by the binners and more game time to our youngsters in a high pressure atmosphere.

Lower your expectations and enjoy the football.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/09/2018 5:24 PM:

JF wrote:

Note to self for future. Don’t open any more LDC threads. If you’ve read one you’ve read them all...

I wonder if he''s alone in that or if loads of us actually post the same old nonsense day in day out? How varied do you imagine your posts to be?

At the moment not at all varied, I post things as I see it and in my eyes the club is very much on a downward trajectory now. I can’t post that all is rosy in the garden when I don’t believe that to be the case.

But I’m not starting several new threads every day that all say the same thing though.

If Farke was such a wonder Coach he would have a style / Tactic that is producing far more on the Pitch than we are getting now

He has been here long enough now

Alex Neil got his style across very quickly to players that were not signed by him when he first came

Lambert had a lot of new players when he arrived signed before he got here but he got those to gel and play to his system

why Can Wonder coach Farke not get this team producing results ?

Yes JF. But by posting your same old nonsense on threads already started it''s not much different is it. At least if Lakey starts a thread you know what your getting. We don''t have any warning of yours 🙃

[quote user="norfolkngood"]If Farke was such a wonder Coach he would have a style / Tactic that is producing far more on the Pitch than we are getting now

He has been here long enough now

Alex Neil got his style across very quickly to players that were not signed by him when he first came

Lambert had a lot of new players when he arrived signed before he got here but he got those to gel and play to his system

why Can Wonder coach Farke not get this team producing results ?[/quote]

We have a system now that allows Webber to buy / identify targets, Farke then coaches these players and we have an identifiable way of playing. I would like to know what people think that system is and if they think its working in this league. What identifiable improvements are we seeing after the 3 transfer windows that Webber said, he should be judged or do we need more time?

[quote user="JF"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/09/2018 5:24 PM:

JF wrote:

At the moment not at all varied, I post things as I see it and in my eyes the club is very much on a downward trajectory now. I can’t post that all is rosy in the garden when I don’t believe that to be the case.

But I’m not starting several new threads every day that all say the same thing though.[/quote]

I think, and I know that personal opinion seem to be frowned upon on this board, that there is very entrenched opinions about our direction which is very much reflected in the stands and its pretty much impossible to have civil disagreement on here, which is a pity ( less so face to face)

Probably best not to pay much attention and post as you see it.

[quote user="JF"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/09/2018 5:24 PM:

JF wrote:

But I’m not starting several new threads every day that all say the same thing though.[/quote]

I think, and I know that personal opinion seem to be frowned upon on this board, that there is very entrenched opinions about our direction which is very much reflected in the stands and its pretty much impossible to have civil disagreement on here, which is a pity ( less so face to face)

Probably best not to pay much attention and post as you see it.

IMO we need some more steel and energy in the team, so we may just need some more time to bed in a new spine based on younger players like Godfrey, Thompson, Buendia.

I was disappointed Matthews didn''t impress, maybe Oxborough will be the next to step up as I''m not yet convinced Krul is the answer and height challenged McGovern certainly isn''t.

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="JF"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/09/2018 5:24 PM:

JF wrote:

Probably best not to pay much attention and post as you see it.[/quote]
It''s strange because this conversation between me an JF was about people being free to post their opinions. The intolerance was being shown by JF to Lakey. 

If you want a balenced view of where we are at, just talk to fans of other clubs. I doubt if you could find anyone who would describe our club as rotten and spiralling downwards. Fans know football is about ups and down, and City are on a slight down in terms of league position but more widely they are in a good place right now in terms of finance, fan base and ownership. Of course rationality goes out the window when one is unable to face reality, which is why Bruce is under pressure at Villa and the entitled fans fight among themselves.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="JF"]Note to self for future. Don’t open any more LDC threads. If you’ve read one you’ve read them all...[/quote]
[/quote]
At the end of the day most of the stuff on here is b*llocks.
The rest is total b*llocks [;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]
We have a good team in the making. Still learning, still getting to know how to get the best out of themselves, still developing. 
Don''t believe the nonsense spoken about players not being good enough either or not as good as last year or the year before, because apart from Maddison who was always going to be sold, we have some very good players.   Name me one poor performer from Sunday - Krul? No. Klose? Hanley? No. Lewis, Aarons? No.  Leitner? No - a mixed bag but some quality through balls and a goal.  Tettey? No. Pukki? Looked good in spells but wasn''t poor overall. Hernandez?  Always capable of causing trouble and his play set up the goal. Rhodes - always works hard even when things aren''t going for him.  Buendia showed his inexperience, but anyone can see he has potential. 
So overall, the season moves on, a difficult start with a whole new front to the team and getting the youngsters involved. The whole club from top to bottom is healthy financially, healthy on the football coaching side, healthy with good players - and with a plan and the determination to see it succeed.
So don''t believe the negative hype. It is just that - negative and hype.
[/quote]

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂💩💩

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="JF"]Note to self for future. Don’t open any more LDC threads. If you’ve read one you’ve read them all...[/quote]
[/quote]
At the end of the day most of the stuff on here is b*llocks.
The rest is total b*llocks [;)]
[/quote]
And we''d have it no other way Smiffy.
Especially your glass dregs negative old nonsense[;)]

Well done Lakey, a realistic, positive, honest opinion from you that i mostly agree with. The negative nancy''s on this board spurt the same old nothings any time someone tries to put a decent appraisal of where our club is at right now.
Im positive about whats happening on and off the pitch at this moment, in fact more positive than ive felt in years. To many seasons being a yo-yo club, must be a pain in the butt to try to build a finance model that will change drastically every 12 months because of the enormous difference in revenue each division yields. So for now, you can keep your Prem and your L1. I love our club being in the Championship if im honest, its the most competitive league in England, likely in all of Europe.
Colney is getting the upgrade it badly needed, and on the pitch  the youngsters that are coming thru are being given their chance. "Lewis..academy product, Aarons...academy product, Godfrey..academy product, Thompson...etc etc". DF''s own words after Sundays match. Further down the line the likes of Idah and others will to come thru to enhance what i personally have wished for and wanted to see for so long. And some on here want Farke to go now?..crazy.
Delia. Not one fan on this forum bleeds yellow and green more than her. That''s all i can be bothered to write. Some still churn out the rich investor needs to take over the club mantra...ok where are they?..show me the line of them queing at the club gate waiting to buy up the club..maybe you guys can conjure these mythical figures out of thin air. OTBC.

Note to self. Don’t reply to NN anymore as you will find yourself engulfed in a never ending spiral of disagreement... 🤔😊

The sad reality is that every club that has been relegated has been promoted back to the PL, apart from us.
Why did we not re-adjust to losing £30m ? Where is a policy that finds and develops players that match our budget ?
Surely it must have dawned on the club that even while we were in the PL we should have been developing youth players. Players who could now be stepping up and slotting into the first team.
The club hasn''t even developed the ground. Imagine how much extra revenue we would be getting now if we had a new stand holding 12,000 seats, an extra 10,000 paying customers and all the corporate over spill from Yellows.
The club never listens to fans, that is why it is failing in every department. They couldn''t even pick the right colour paint for the dressing room. And it appears now we aren''t even able to play at all next weekend. And as to who the club arranged our next League Cup game with ... Wycombe. That should tell you all you need to know about the club''s lack of ambition.
The club''s a joke. Delia and Michael ? Elena and Nicholae Ceaușescu more like.
Bring back Watling and Ron Saunders.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mike "][quote user="JF"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 03/09/2018 5:24 PM:

JF wrote:

Probably best not to pay much attention and post as you see it.[/quote]
It''s strange because this conversation between me an JF was about people being free to post their opinions. The intolerance was being shown by JF to Lakey. 
[/quote]

Yes was happy to see you change tack... PS it''s not all about you.

[quote user="Essjayess"]
Well done Lakey, a realistic, positive, honest opinion from you that i mostly agree with. The negative nancy''s on this board spurt the same old nothings any time someone tries to put a decent appraisal of where our club is at right now.
Im positive about whats happening on and off the pitch at this moment, in fact more positive than ive felt in years. To many seasons being a yo-yo club, must be a pain in the butt to try to build a finance model that will change drastically every 12 months because of the enormous difference in revenue each division yields. So for now, you can keep your Prem and your L1. I love our club being in the Championship if im honest, its the most competitive league in England, likely in all of Europe.
Colney is getting the upgrade it badly needed, and on the pitch  the youngsters that are coming thru are being given their chance. "Lewis..academy product, Aarons...academy product, Godfrey..academy product, Thompson...etc etc". DF''s own words after Sundays match. Further down the line the likes of Idah and others will to come thru to enhance what i personally have wished for and wanted to see for so long. And some on here want Farke to go now?..crazy.
Delia. Not one fan on this forum bleeds yellow and green more than her. That''s all i can be bothered to write. Some still churn out the rich investor needs to take over the club mantra...ok where are they?..show me the line of them queing at the club gate waiting to buy up the club..maybe you guys can conjure these mythical figures out of thin air. OTBC.
[/quote]

It''s about competency not whether you bleed yellow and green.

No doubt everyone at the club wants to be successful it''s whether you think they think they can be or whether there are maybe others you think could be more successful.

This is not a hate Delia thing..