Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Don't believe the negative hype!

We have a good team in the making. Still learning, still getting to know how to get the best out of themselves, still developing. 
Don''t believe the nonsense spoken about players not being good enough either or not as good as last year or the year before, because apart from Maddison who was always going to be sold, we have some very good players.   Name me one poor performer from Sunday - Krul? No. Klose? Hanley? No. Lewis, Aarons? No.  Leitner? No - a mixed bag but some quality through balls and a goal.  Tettey? No. Pukki? Looked good in spells but wasn''t poor overall. Hernandez?  Always capable of causing trouble and his play set up the goal. Rhodes - always works hard even when things aren''t going for him.  Buendia showed his inexperience, but anyone can see he has potential. 
So overall, the season moves on, a difficult start with a whole new front to the team and getting the youngsters involved. The whole club from top to bottom is healthy financially, healthy on the football coaching side, healthy with good players - and with a plan and the determination to see it succeed.
So don''t believe the negative hype. It is just that - negative and hype.

[quote user="king canary"]Tune in next week for the latest episode of ''how many different ways can LDC say the same thing.''[/quote]

It''s the fun part of his trolling how many times he says the same thing over and over and over again

[quote user="King Charles "]It''s the fun part of his trolling how many times he says the same thing over and over and over again[/quote]
You''d know all about trolling of course, being the expert you are at it.

This thread has no credence because Lakey says the same sh1t with every manager, player, season, scenario etc etc.

Wishing and hoping it’ll get better will not magically make it so.

And in many of the situations where these lectures have cropped up, we’ve gone on to be relegated, the manager sacked etc.

The theme of this was probably the same last season and there was hardly any improvement, concluding in a 5-1 hammering at Sheffield Wednesday.

Sometimes you have to accept things aren’t going to improve; it’s my believe Farke is not getting the best out of this squad and we’re in for a season of struggle. This isn’t me being negative or moaning for the sake of it (as many other posters label it when the club, players, coach etc are being criticised); it’s based on what I’ve seen with my own eyes during the Farke era.

Now Lakey, about this two week break you were talking about in another one of your threads.

Dammit, take the whole of September off!

"This thread has no credence because Lakey says the same s*** with every manager, player, season, scenario etc etc."

Exactly this. I feel like nephew Tom could appoint himself manager and LDC would tell us how great an idea it is. There are some on here who have an unflinching position that whatever the club is doing at any one time is the correct thing.

So no one played poorly but we were still only able to draw against the team with the worst start to the season in the entire league. And only manage two shots on target in 90 minutes against them.

Blimey, how bad is it going to get when some of them do have an off day?!

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Now Lakey, about this two week break you were talking about in another one of your threads.

Dammit, take the whole of September off![/quote]
Yep, good idea.  Trying to balance out all the negativity on here with a bit of realism is a bit tedious, but someone has to do it! Probably feels more so as I''ve actually been to a few games this season and seen and heard the ridiculous booing and the chants for myself  - and how social media tends towards the negative at the expense of reality.  
Truth is a football club is always a work in progress and to answer Hoolahansolo - imo Hughton needed the three years to re-develop the club and simply the task of staying in the premier league and doing that was too big. Neil - again imo - would have seen through a clear out successfully and rebuilt along the lines we have done with youth a key part - something he was strong with at Hamilton - and in the two and a half years he had with us, he was under huge pressure to either stay in the PL or get promoted so couldn''t do that. The third year would have been his chance to show what he could do.  I know the problems and issues with them - of course I do, but the premise is the same - a manager needs time to develop a club and imo it is at least three years.
I do so hope that Farke is given the time to really fufill what he has started and not either be forced out by unrealistic fans who expect Lambert style success as a right - or indeed feel like he''s not welcome at CR and chooses to ply his trade elsewhere.

There is little healthy about Norwich City LDC.

A ''Coach'' that is completely out of his depth - AKA Another Cheap Option - coupled with a publicity hound majority shareholder who uses the club for her own ends and serves no positive purpose.

Lambert took us from bottom of League One to 12th in the Premier League in 3 seasons.

Eddie Howe took Bournemouth from bottom of League Two to the League One Playoffs in 3 seasons.

Arsene Wenger won a double in his second season at Arsenal.

Pochettino has finished top 4 in 3 of his first 4 seasons.

Mourinho won the league, UEFA Cup and Champions League in his first 3 seasons as Porto manager.

This idea that a manager needs three seasons is based on nothing.

Well said LDC, the people who said they''d give the manager ten games have decided they can''t wait that long.

Supporting isn''t limited to at the. ground, it is also for forums like this, getting behind the team and creating a positive atmosphere at the club.

They have no solutions, they are waiting for the handsome prince to turn up on a white horse, wanting to give us all his money

In the meantime it''s more boo-hoo than boo.

Fans need to see positive intent from the club too to create that atmosphere.

Currently the club seems to say ''yeah the prices are high and the club is going backwards but the football is also boring. Oh and don''t get too attached to any of the players, we''ll have to sell them if they have a good season so the owners Nephew can take over.''

And we wonder why fans aren''t clapping like seals.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]If all you have to do is wait and be patient for a manager to improve things, should we have not sacked Roeder and Gunn then?[/quote]
Roeder spoiled his copy book with the way he treated players. As for Gunn, yes, I would have given him longer - the way that footballing set up was made, with Crook and Deehan as experience behind the legend that is Gunny, could have worked given time.  Lambert spoiled that particular party that historic day - and history took a different course for a while, but the prediliction for setting up a long term scenario is what has been attempted time after time - and imo it is the correct policy for a club like ours.  It''s only a pity Lambert didn''t want to - or couldn''t - stay on to develop things further. 

There''s plenty of solutions. Farke being sacked immediately, majority shareholders selling to someone who actually wants to invest in the club rater than the abysmal status quo we currently have that only benefits them.

Farke has had plenty of time and he still isn''t fit for purpose.

"As for Gunn, yes, I would have given him longer - the way that footballing set up was made, with Crook and Deehan as experience behind the legend that is Gunny, could have worked given time."

FFS

''Giving Gunn Longer''. Oh my word. I would have rather had Basil Brush in charge.

Lambert''s relationship with McNally was untenable and was always looking for a way out. Not that Hughton has a good relationship with him either, but that''s another story.

[quote user="komakino"]There''s plenty of solutions. Farke being sacked immediately, majority shareholders selling to someone who actually wants to invest in the club rater than the abysmal status quo we currently have that only benefits them.

Farke has had plenty of time and he still isn''t fit for purpose.[/quote]
That is no solution, it is just a wish list.  
Anyway, what abysmal status quo?  We have a virtually new team compared to a year ago, so things have not stood still, the club has developed a whole new approach, based on footballing people making the important decisions.  And how does your "status quo" somehow benefit the majorty shareholders?  Are you fooled by those who say they are taking money out of the club?  Are you somehow unable to accept that it is perfectly natural to pass on their assets to family members and who have brought them onboard to get the necessary experience?

[quote user="lake district canary"]
We have a good team in the making. Still learning, still getting to know how to get the best out of themselves, still developing. 
Don''t believe the nonsense spoken about players not being good enough either or not as good as last year or the year before, because apart from Maddison who was always going to be sold, we have some very good players.   Name me one poor performer from Sunday - Krul? No. Klose? Hanley? No. Lewis, Aarons? No.  Leitner? No - a mixed bag but some quality through balls and a goal.  Tettey? No. Pukki? Looked good in spells but wasn''t poor overall. Hernandez?  Always capable of causing trouble and his play set up the goal. Rhodes - always works hard even when things aren''t going for him.  Buendia showed his inexperience, but anyone can see he has potential. 
So overall, the season moves on, a difficult start with a whole new front to the team and getting the youngsters involved. The whole club from top to bottom is healthy financially, healthy on the football coaching side, healthy with good players - and with a plan and the determination to see it succeed.
So don''t believe the negative hype. It is just that - negative and hype.
[/quote]

I’ll prefer to make my mind up after using my own eyes thanks, you need to take the yellow tinted specs off once in a while.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If the players are in your opinion , good enough ...which is debatable but we aren''t getting the results , then it must be the coach which is at fault??[/quote]
The coach is building something. You have to accept that building something doesn''t mean it will be there staright away. Some of the players have only been at the club a few weeks!!!

"Anyway, what abysmal status quo? We have a virtually new team compared to a year ago, so things have not stood still, the club has developed a whole new approach, based on footballing people making the important decisions"

Things off the pitch have improved to a degree and the squad is better. The manager is completely failing with the tools at his disposal and therefore should be replaced at the earliest opportunity.

"And how does your "status quo" somehow benefit the majorty shareholders?"

It benefits Delia Smith because NCFC is a vehicle for her own ends to keep her in the public eye. The club is not benefiting form her selfish behaviour.

"Are you fooled by those who say they are taking money out of the club?"

No. But if she does not wish to invest, then she should sell to somebody that does. Again, the club is not benefiting from her presence.

"Are you somehow unable to accept that it is perfectly natural to pass on their assets to family members and who have brought them onboard to get the necessary experience?"

Norwich City is a Football Club. Not a Grandfather Clock.

LDC - you are making it very easy for people to take the pee out of you - in fact, you may well be a troll out for a laugh. But don''t tell real fans how they have to behave or accuse them of not being real fans because they can see the club they love rotting away in front of their eyes. Rather than being promotion contenders (which we would be if we were run and managed properly) we were under the cosh by the worst Ipswich team in history, who are bottom of the league, with a manager out of his depth and a 94 year old striker. Zero ambition is not something I will ever accept as a fan. We have Fake, Fake Klopp in charge, looking helpless on the touchline, Webber who got a bit lucky at Huddersfield under the impression that he can buy a load of average (if that) Germans and the same thing will happen at Norwich and owners who don''t care what the fans want, are happy to turn up, smoke fags and drink wine, entertain their luvvie friends, take a nice bit of money out of club (whilst cashing in on the Norwich connection on adverts) and pass it on the civil-servant young Tom who has no clue and no money.