Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Maddison

Sky Sports news saying he''s the best player on the pitch and he''s just scored a lovely free kick.

Honestly think he''ll be at a Champions League team next season if he keeps this form up- taken to the Premier League like a duck to water.

I hope that we have a decent sell on clause because the bigger fleas will be on the back of Leicester City should he continue to impress and £20-25m will be peanuts.

A certainty for the next England squad, imo.

Disagree that it was daylight robbery. So many players fail to make the step up and I think the money paid was about right for a player excelling at championship levels st the time. If he continues to play like this in the peen then of course his value will only increase again, just like £25m was so much more than what we paid Coventry for him. It’s just modern football.

Well I would say it feels like daylight robbery as a City fan, but I can see the point you''re making

class act...future England captain

Friends at another club were talking to Leicester officials last week and they were delighted with Maddison and think (now) that they got him very cheaply.

Of course the proof of the pudding etc, but they were saying they''d still be happy if they''d paid twice as much given his performances to date and his potential.

I said future england captain before the season started and was ridiculed for it as hes clearly not that good apparently. The kid can play at the very top level and hes proving it week in week out.

If only we had proper owners, we could have kept him... instead we had a firesale. No ambition! :-)

Unless we are a regular top 6 Prem Club we could never have kept him Surfer.

To be a regular top 6 Prem Club is so unlikely to happen as there have only ever been 6 ever present teams in the Prem since it started!

He will be Champions League/England standard.

Hardly any clubs are therefore likely to have the money, and potential to hold on to Maddison so his leaving really does have nothing to do with the ownership of our Club

[quote user="ricardo"]Destined for the very top, never in doubt.daylight robbery at £25 million.
[/quote]
Not for a player who''d never played a minute of Premier League football. From our point of view it''s a pity we couldn''t get promoted last year as I fancy he''d have developed with us and we''d have reaped the financial benefit from his inevitable sale a little further down the line.
We probably could have sorted out a deal for Angus Gunn too.

A club can never win when selling a player if he bombed at PL level we got a good price if he is a star at PL level he looks cheap

He was cheap compared to young players like Anthony Martial who has struggled in this league

but compare Maddison to Dele Ali and we got a good price

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]Disagree that it was daylight robbery. So many players fail to make the step up and I think the money paid was about right for a player excelling at championship levels st the time. If he continues to play like this in the peen then of course his value will only increase again, just like £25m was so much more than what we paid Coventry for him. It’s just modern football.[/quote]

Some players do fail to make the step up but it was very obvious he would not be one of them due to his technical ability. In fact it was ludicrous that Sessegnon was being valued so much higher. Good player but there are quite a few quick, athletic English players who play similar roles to Sessegnon whereas Madders is a unique player and arguably the missing peice of the England jigsaw.

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Leicester fans love him, calling him the new Beckham. Someone put a value of 70M on him and maybe by the end of this he season that might be about right.[/quote]

if he continues in this vain the sell on clause will come in very handy.

What talent but better still what a great head on those shoulders, he’s got the ability but a fantastic footballing brain to boot.

I do wonder just how good our current set up is, it’s the first time for a very long while we’ve seen so many good young players come through to make the step up.

I do hope now the high wage earners are off the book end of this season we could build on what we have to give promotion a real shot.

It’s very uplifting as a fan to see so many talented youngsters.

Surely has to make the next England squad - name a better English midfielder on current form.

I wonder whether Southgate sees him working well with Kane? The type of pass he plays would better suit a front two of Sterling and Rashford, but he won''t drop Kane.

All i know is my ''shares'' in him on Football Index are up something like 44% from when i bought them so keep it up Madders!

Only Maddison is getting regular games out of our big sales. The Murphys and Pritchard are bit part players at the moment. And after watching MOTD I can see why Madders is getting the plaudits. Nice goal and looks good working with the other front two. I still think the money we got for him was the right amount though.

Don''t think he will be at Leicester for long. Future England regular and the player they should be building a team around.
Could even see him at one of the big Spanish clubs. He is that good IMHO.

Was a snip at £25m and it was a pathetic that we only got one season out of him... Still gutted he is not here and take no pleasure at all with him playing for someone else... Especially a club of the same stature as us...

"Especially a club of the same stature as us..."

Who have just recently won the big league and are rolling in Premier League/Thai and European money.

I agree with the rest though.

I found it frustrating that he was not in the recent senior England squads.  Southgate seems very slow on the uptake and if he is not in the next squad then he is possibly not the man for the job.

He wasn''t a snip at £25m Mike. It was a very fair price at the time for a player previously untested at Prem level.

And from what I''ve seen of the Murphys so far in the top flight, our recent outgoing transfer business has been excellent.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]He wasn''t a snip at £25m Mike. It was a very fair price at the time for a player previously untested at Prem level.

And from what I''ve seen of the Murphys so far in the top flight, our recent outgoing transfer business has been excellent.[/quote]
I was going to say, under Webber our outgoings (and incoming to be fair) transfers have been good in terms of money we''ve got for players and what we''ve paid for some others.

"Unless we are a regular top 6 Prem Club we could never have kept him Surfer. "

Maybe you missed the :-) at the end of my post there 65 Vintage... I know we weren''t going to be able to keep him.

re 25million, we were paid a fair price, remember he was injured when we sold him. If he wasn''t injured and had gone to Russia then the price could have been a lot higher. It was obvious right from getting him that he was a special talent, and no surprise that a player like that gets better as you put better players around him. Leicester is a good place to be right now, yes he''s likely to move to a Tottenham, Liverpool or overseas one day.

Historically we have been on the same terms as them, investment and some ambition plus a huge degree of luck meant they won the league....

Has it ever been confirmed by the club that we do have a sell on clause? We’ve all assumed we do but can’t recall it ever being mentioned.