Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Agent Hurst

I thought mad mick and agent jewell were pretty good but hurst is another level. He really is exceeding all expectations. Only shame is that theres so many sh1t teams down there that theyre still only a few points from escaping the bottom 3.

And after it all promised so much.
King Binno was on here waving his pitchfork with all the fervour of a ssuffolk farmhand having a sniff too many of the homemade hooch.
This was to be their season whilst City slipped into relegation, if only due to some annual £20m shortfall. Unable to compete against a club that had money pumped in on a regular basis (as the fire service pumped water into the Somerset fields) we were doomed to a slow and lingering death.
The idea that Evans would trouser the money from transfers was dismissed. Freebies and loanees were not a sign of that. After all look at Pukki, he was free. So what''s wrong with them having a ''few'' freebies ?
But there is one bright side. Out of the League Cup they can concentrate on the League ....... and gaze as we disappear over the horizon.
ps can we mention ''Mind the Gap'' ?

The club seems to have moved from Skid Row to Death Row, with binners having a resigned acceptance of not only their plight but their fate..
Whilst the attendance figures might not drop too much (ST''s being always counted) I suspect many of the slow witted will soon find other things to do on home games.
Such a shame......it really is

Another drop in the gate yesterday at the ''Loo.

It''s now under 15,000 which means even less attended because of the accounting system used.

We currently average over 10, 000 more per game which over a season will amount to an extra £6-7m.

I have pointed this out before, but it is very important and actually more than covers the money that the (very silent) Keano character claims that Evans puts in to keep his club afloat.

Our gates and our Academy 1 are our shining lights and beam as far as the rather dingy Portman Road.

Now that things are looking far more positive results wise. Now that our youth policy is proving it''s worth and now that many of our recent signings have found their feet in a quite spectacular way, I would suggest that, for the sake of his health, he should immediately change allegiances.

Calling the likes of Stiepermann, Leitner, Trybull, Vrancic and Zimmermann third tier German cheapies was just one of his gems.

Reading all that "Hurst out! Evans out!" stuff on his own forum must be very demoralising.

Walters lasted 7 mins yesterday after coming on as a sub and is now injured indefinitely. What a shame. Hurst took full responsibility for risking him when he shouldn''t.

Rarely can the chant "you''re only here for the Norwich" be more true than when sung at the derby a couple of weeks back.....25000 for that game....14000 for the 2 subsequent home games, can there be another club that would suddenly lose 10000 fans from one home game to the next??.....and all of this after they proclaimed that their fans were only staying away because of Mick McCarthy''s football. #fickle

There''s all kinds of rumours flying around on TWaTD.... Story goes that Hurst has p**sed off most of the senior players and there''s an open revolt going on amongst them. To get to the mutiny stage in less than 2 months is a spectacular effort. I salute you Paul.

......sadly it looks like he''s blown his cover too early, ideally we would gave wanted him to have got to january with them adrift in the bottom 3 before such unrest came to a head. If he stays there they will go down , unfortunately should they replace him with a ''safer" pair of hands, an experienced championship manager of the ilk of McCarthy, they would provably just about steer them to safety

I notice that the "Wee Alex" experiment at PONE has turned sour.

They are currently propping the Binners upon goal difference, but at least they have a win under their belts.

Come on little man,you''re better than that.

Perhaps we will have to help him out on the return mid-February as by then we will be sitting comfortably at the top whilst the binners will be vying for a relegation slot.

Anybody who takes half an interest in the fortunes of 1p5wich

Town F.C. will have no doubt that if they continue with Hurst then the drop will be a certainty.

He has managed to get every single thing wrong thus far.

[quote user="kick it off"]There''s all kinds of rumours flying around on TWaTD.... Story goes that Hurst has p**sed off most of the senior players and there''s an open revolt going on amongst them. To get to the mutiny stage in less than 2 months is a spectacular effort. I salute you Paul.[/quote]

Enjoying this

one of my blue bellied friends is getting a touch despondent to put it mildly

I might have to dig out his gloating messages from last season after millwall beat us asking how the german experiment was going

but a little to early to count our chickens yet

I mean credit to Hurst for becoming one of my top 10 favourite people recently.

But equally I kind of wonder if hes been top awful too soon and theyll get rid of him sooner rather than later.

.....and to think that at the start of the season they were crowing about us losing parachute payments,having a fire sale of our best players and sliding into uncontrollable debt(Oh,the irony of that!).........meaning,of course,that we would now be on the same level playing field as them!

Still,they will always have their glorious history and 3 stars on their shirt ............

Oh deary me, under 15k bothered to turn up for another bore fest.Just had a glance at TWTDSome are suicidal.[:(][:D]If they get relegated will they have to remove a star?

Sounds like it’s all getting a bit “and you can bring your f*ing dinner”

With Clown Town’s assistant manager. Which as we know ended well for Orient. Here’s hoping nothing like that happens to our delightful 3-star neighbours

Someone wonderful dragged up this thread from last April.

"But in the Danish league this summer comes available potentially two very fruitful acquisitions by the name of Teemu Pukki and Johan Larsson."

Teemu Pukki, although small in stature far from in terms of physicality, netted 27 times last time out for Brondby IF, although this term less fruitful, scoring 12 so far, is steering Brondby IF to the title.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/427336/teemu-pukki-and-johan-larsson/#11

I actually thought Hurst was a good appointment by them - I thought he would wait for a better offer. I think a lot of their players wanted out after the way the fans treated MM.

What does it proves?

MM was a better manager than he was given credit for!

He had nothing to spend, yet got them into the play offs v us.

After all he was the manager who really upset Roy Kean when with Ireland, so he can’t be all bad!!