Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Team v Wycombe

Playing strong teams in the cup competitions hit our league form badly last year and Kenny Maclean is still out from an injury sustained in a bad challenge against Stevenage earlier this season. Given the above I''d quite happily see us rest all of the starting 11 from the last two games and go with:

McGovern

Passlack

Pinto

Godfrey

Aransibia

Trybull

Vrancic

Thompson

Oliveira

Rhodes

Srbeny

Bit of an unbalanced team and not a lot of width, but would hopefully be plenty good enough to beat Wycombe.

I''m going, will be my first match this season

McGovern / Krul

Passlack Godfrey Klose Lewis

Trybull Thompson

Vrancic Rhodes Cantwell

Sir Benny

Bit of a crazy selection there Thirsty!

What about:

McGovern

Passlack

Godfrey

Klose (Zimm if available)

Aarons

Trybull

Vrancic

Thompson (Marshall if unavailable)

Cantwell

Srbeny

Rhodes

Stiepermann, Buendia, Leitner, Marshall, Pinto/Klose, Oxborough on the bench

Tettey, Pukki, Krul & Jamal all get the night off.

Difficult.

It should be a pushover (yes, I know) so why risk adding further injuries?

In my book certain names cry out for inclusion: McGovern, Passlack, Godfrey, Zimmermann, Trybull, Thompson, Marshall, Cantwell, Pinto, Buendia and Sbreny, either to sharpen up after a recent injury or just for game time. A decent set up could be cobbled from this surely.

Certain names cry out for omission: Krul, Klose, Aarons, Lewis, Tettey, Vrancic, Leistner, Stieppermann and Rhodes.

Any ''stars'' can be benched and used if required.

These games against lower league cloggers can have unfortunate repercussions as has been pointed out. Our recent upturn in fortunes suggests a more cautious approach as there may now be other priorities.

I, personally, would very much prefer three points from Wigan than a win tonight.

Not sure why Rhodes cries out not to be picked? Strikers thrive on goals so it would be good to give him and Srbeny some time to score and boost their confidence.

Passlack is an interesting one. We heard a lot of hype when he arrived but since then almost nothing. Is he just not suited to the lower league English game?

Agree Broadstairs. Yet it''s a fact that strikers need confidence and scoring goals is the way to go for them. I would play both Rhodes and Srbeny.

Yet the game on Saturday is more important, so no Krul, Klose, Lewis, Aarons, Leitner, Buendia, Tettey, Zimmerman, Pukki or Stiepermann on the field for me please...

I''m currently not bothered with this competition, but this varies.

If we are creating something in the league, as we suddenly are, then it can become a distraction which risks injury and fatigue of sorts.

For this reason first eleven players are out, imo.

If we are going nowhere, then what''s the difference.

I won''t go as far as saying that I hope for and early exit and, as with last season, a big boy in the next round could stimulate the interest and is likely to be financially beneficial but at this point in the proceedings I remain ambivalent about a result.

In truth, it was a bad draw for both teams. Wycombe miss a decent pay-day and we risk a banana skin or worse. Thankfully the travelling distance will not be overbearing, but the squad will get back late and need a restful day on Wednesday. Like I said, a distraction.

Obvious players to come in are McGovern, Passlack, Godfrey, Vrancic, Trybull, Rhodes and Thompson if fit.

Would be good to rest Tettey, Stipermann, Aarons, Pukki and Klose at least.

Difference between this game and the cups last year is that we won''t be throwing 90% of our starting league team at it.
               McGovern
Passlack Zim Godfrey Pinto
                 Trybull
Buendia Vrancic Thompson
          Srbeny Rhodes
Not sure Farke will go with 2 up front after his cautious comments in the media though.

Comments in the press today suggest that he is planning changes, but cites the intensity of fixtures as being the main reason.

He''s learning, either way.

McGovrn

Passlack

Zim

Godfrey

Lewis

Trybull

Vrancic

Thompson

Idah

Rhodes

Not a lot of options in changing LB. Definitely rest Stiepermann and maybe Leitner. Give Idah a run out to keep him interested given Man U sniffing about. Have a strongish bench in case need to save match. Another win will keep the impetus.

Stiepermann was carrying an injury going into the QPR game and Klose had a heavily strapped left knee, so I suspect they won''t play. Pukki and Tettey will probably be rested.

The good thing is we have replacements in all positions these days. Obviously depends on all being fit and available. The only slight worries for me are back up left back and CB.

Krul -> McGovern/Oxborough

Aarons -> Pinto/Passlack

Hanley -> Zimmermann

Klose -> Godfrey

Lewis -> Pinto/Stiepermann

Tettey -> Trybull/Thompson

Leitner -> Vrancic

Buendia -> MacLean

Marshall -> MacLean

Hernandez - Cantwell

Pukki -> Rhodes/Srebny

We are seeing a team increasingly comfortable and better equipped to play the type of football Webber & Farke have all along been aiming at. Last week will have strengthened player belief in what they are being asked to do, and boosted player confidence. More of the same needed. I see no sense in tinkering much beyond whatever fitness management requires. 

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]We are seeing a team increasingly comfortable and better equipped to play the type of football Webber & Farke have all along been aiming at. Last week will have strengthened player belief in what they are being asked to do, and boosted player confidence. More of the same needed. I see no sense in tinkering much beyond whatever fitness management requires. [/quote]
I agree with this and that the self-belief in what they are doing will have increased massively as a result of this week - that the system works and yields results.  As players it must be fantastic to feel like you can dominate possession so much, home and away - knowing that you are controlling the match and also being able to do something with that possession. 
It has borne fruit now, three wins on the trot - the genie is out of the bottle and after an iffy start to the season, they know they can do it - it is in the dna now.  There will surely still be ups and downs during the season, but they know that if they stick to what they are doing, they will be a force to be reckoned with, cup or league.

[quote user="king canary"]Obvious players to come in are McGovern, Passlack, Godfrey, Vrancic, Trybull, Rhodes and Thompson if fit. Would be good to rest Tettey, Stipermann, Aarons, Pukki and Klose at least.[/quote]

This gets my vote.  It would be mad to have Tettey play again given his knees.  Plenty of players who aren''t in the starting lineup and should be keen to try to establish a claim to start.  Let''s hope Farke doesn''t repeat the mistake of playing his first choice side for this game and finding we''re struggling at the weekend.

can''t see the above so
Norwich: McGovern; Passlack, Zimmermann, Godfrey, Pinto

(C);
Trybull, Thompson; Vrancic, Buendia,
Srbeny; Rhodes.
Subs: Krul

(GK), Leitner, Lewis, Klose, Stiepermann, Pukki, Aarons

Yeah love it. 2nd team, but with lots of players capable of first team action. Hope they cope with Wycombe''s first.