Sign in to follow this  
lincsy88

QPR fans don't like us much either

Was just browsing through the oppo message board as I day before every game to get their view and came across this thread. Anyone know why they hate us so much? I can''t remember any ill feeling between the clubs.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2486804-norwich

Can think of a couple of reasons.
For those R''s fans with a long memory will remember us beating them 3-2 at Carrow Rd back in ''76 to deny them the First Division title.
The more recent occasion at Loftus Rd when Bradley Johnson clashed with Joey Barton who got sent off. We won that day too.

^ Wow, those are definitely egregious things.. Makes you feel genuinely guilty

Ha ha!! Those fan site comments are laughable.

To summarise, Norwich is a “vile club” because:

- We vilely beat them once in a competitive game in 1976. No foul play, but we scored more than them 11 v 11 within a 90 minute period . Vile.

- Some of our better-known current/former directors are vile (Fry, Smith, Balls...vile)

- Our former/current players are vile. Some of them have been witnessed to pull opponents’ shirts, play for free kicks and moan at the ref (to be fair, no other club’s players do this)

- Our fans are vile - because we are “odd” and from Norfolk. Also, some of our fans recently sang some nasty things at their fans... Football support doesn’t get any viler than that, to be fair.

[quote user="Eccles from Beccles"]Oh yeah, I bet they were gutted that they had to wait a whole 5 days after that to secure the title. Snigger indeed.[/quote]
all those years, and so few posts
I feel quite ''honoured'' that you logged in just to reply to what was not much more than a bit of ''banter''
still, if it is that important well done you

Yeah, it’s almost as if I save myself for when someone does something incredibly cringey, like gloating over something from 7 years ago that QPR fans have probably forgotten about.

BTW, banter is a 2 way thing-you seem good at giving it but not at taking it.

Enjoy your day 😝😝😝

err, it was a thread about why QPR fans might not like us
and if 7 years seem a little distant then why not whine about the 42 years in another comment ?
ps don''t leave it so long to appear as this log in next time - and well done for remembering this particular one

In my days as football liaison for Norwich Police QPR always brought a large number of their troublemakers which in turn brought out the Norwich lads in force with flashpoints at The Compleat Angler and The Steam Packet and pockets of trouble around POW Road and Rose Lane. For some reason this fixture was always a lively affair which kept us busy from midday into the early evening.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]That’s a bit like having Puppet Man as your club mascot or something

And we’re the odd ones... right[/quote]
We have our very special Canary Fairy unless you had forgotten GenerationA47 ? [:$]

I always feel sorry for QPR because basically in London you''ve got the top clubs in Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs, then a bunch of also rans that other people aren''t bothered about and QPR fall right into that category.

I do remember that Bradley Johnson/Joey Barton debacle, back in the Lambert days when winning away was almost routine...

Also a year or two later their owner was pumping loads of money in and they signed that CB from some club in Russia for a huge salary, the guy was like a mountain but almost immobile, as long as you could play around him it was fine... 

[quote user="Ben"]
err, it was a thread about why QPR fans might not like us
and if 7 years seem a little distant then why not whine about the 42 years in another comment ?
ps don''t leave it so long to appear as this log in next time - and well done for remembering this particular one
[/quote]

I haven’t logged out since my last post-which was on Thursday. Don’t worry, you may eventually outsmart somebody, someday. Keep trying 🤓🤓🤓

[quote user="TIL 1010"]In my days as football liaison for Norwich Police QPR always brought a large number of their troublemakers which in turn brought out the Norwich lads in force with flashpoints at The Compleat Angler and The Steam Packet and pockets of trouble around POW Road and Rose Lane. For some reason this fixture was always a lively affair which kept us busy from midday into the early evening.[/quote]

Remember them days very well,Market Tavern as it was then plus Shirehall and Coach and Horses,different ball game back then