Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

He hates ipswich

What a brilliant set of players we have at the moment. Loving this era at the Carra.

"What a brilliant set of players we have at the moment. Loving this era at the Carra."

Perhaps that sentiment should be put in the thread that begins with criticism of Webber.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, but who can possibly be disappointed with the signings of the last year or so? Somebody would seem to have got something very right.

Without spending millions, and with much of the Madisson/Murphy money still salted away we can now witness the fruition of all of Vrancic, Leitner, Stiepermann, Trybul and Zimmermann from the German leagues, await the coming of both McClean and Marshall, have high expectations of Buendia and enjoy the icing on the cake that is Herndez and Pukki.

Even Dennis the Menace is showing glimpses of promise, whilst the two new experienced heads taken on board, Krul and Rhodes could prove to be inspired acquisitions as the season progresses.

Then the youngsters, Thompson, Godfey, Aarons, Lewis and Cantwell.

The last few weeks have seen such a transformation in our fortunes and our coming of age that, I personally, now have high hopes for the rest of the season.

However, footballing form is fragile, supporters fickle so let''s not count any chickens just yet, although the way things are going currently mid-table would be a disappointment.

By '' salted away '' Broady i take it you think the money from Maddison and Murphy has been stashed away for a rainy day ? My view and i am sure i am not the only one is that it has been absorbed into the self sustaining no debt model.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Great!

Let''s suck all the joy out of this thread and replace it with the same old pony thats on on all the other threads 💩[/quote]
Some people were clearly born to be miserable... [:)]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Great!

Let''s suck all the joy out of this thread and replace it with the same old pony thats on on all the other threads 💩[/quote]
[/quote]
Unlike you hoggy to come wading in. Another busy day staring at your phone obviously but Broady made a fairly long post and i made an observation on it. Sorry if i had to run that by anybody before posting.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Great!

[/quote]
Unlike you hoggy to come wading in. Another busy day staring at your phone obviously but Broady made a fairly long post and i made an observation on it. Sorry if i had to run that by anybody before posting.
[/quote]
Another busy day trying to get my software linked and approved with HMRC''s MTD API. So yeah, this is a welcome break.
Cheer up Til [:)]

"By '' salted away '' Broady i take it you think the money from Maddison and Murphy has been stashed away for a rainy day ? My view and i am sure i am not the only one is that it has been absorbed into the self sustaining no debt model."

Surely it''s the same thing. Money in the bank and what is left over from running expenses will be used for squad strengthening or that rainy day.

That''s the way I see it, it''s neither more nor less than household budgeting except that there are many , many more plates to spin which require a handy team of accounts savvy employees.

To me Broady '' salted away '' means we still have it somewhere or other to use at a later date but my bet is that it is already gone to cover day to day expenditure once the parachute payments stopped.
Just an opinion mind you.

[quote user="king canary"]He does seem to really not like them.

Wonder how much of that is the famous managerial abilities of Roy Keane.[/quote]

Keane didn''t much like his old man so it was felt it was personal to get rid of a young Jordan for peanuts and basically untried (considering his promise)

"To me Broady '' salted away '' means we still have it somewhere or other to use at a later date but my bet is that it is already gone to cover day to day expenditure once the parachute payments stopped.

Just an opinion mind you"

Surely that''s exactly what I was getting at. I didn''t mean that it was sitting in Webber''s back pocket ready to be spent in the transfer market.

I think may be you have too pessimistic opinion of the current state of our finances, whilst accepting you may be right.

The income from recent player sales has not been the club''s only source of income after all.

Season ticket sales, gate money in general, commercial enterprises, catering and sponsorship will all add up.

Also, and I repeat from previous postings, an average of 10, 000+ per home game over and above some of our dearest rivals equates to an extra £6-7m per season of precious income.

(So keep going to the Carra regularly. You are a valuable asset as are thousands like you.)

I maintain our support and our academy are our two shining lights. The fact that the manager and his team are on the up adds further icing on the cake.

I apologise for veering towards the positive but I do not think things can possibly be as bad as some seem to see it; both on and off the field.

Admittedly the ice beneath the institution is somewhat thin, but what''s new there and that''s football in any case?