Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Luminous kit

Will we be wearing it for most away evening games. Certainly makes a difference at grounds where the lighting is not PL standard. Is this another of Webber''s fine margins?

I thought it was just one of those interesting/experimental 3rd kits that are becoming a trend and seem to sell well. But who knows, maybe it''s part of  a master plan, and future 3rd kits may have flashing leds and fluorescent strips attached to them.

I found the players’ names-and even the numbers-very hard to read on Tuesday-and I was in Row A so I was closer than most. Anyone else have this problem or do I need a new prescription? 🤓🤓🤓

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Will we be wearing it for most away evening games. Certainly makes a difference at grounds where the lighting is not PL standard. Is this another of Webber''s fine margins?[/quote]
Hey, maybe we should have painted the away dressing room in luminous lime! Blind the opposing players... Great idea!

I like it.It has a certain amount of "we are the boys, we are streetwise, fcuk you" about it.

I''m normally conservative in my tastes, play golf in tweeds and plus fours, always wear a suit on an aeroplane and have never liked our green shorts.

But, this luminous thing is spruce!

"Would you prefer we wear our black shorts or yellow ones with our first kit BroadstairsR?"

White.

Yellow top, white shorts and green socks.

Tasteful and simple, but not likely due to "fashion" and the need to cover everything in sponsor''s logos.

Ah the 1910-11 and 1919-20 kits. Very tasteful, although they did feature green sleeves though....

Ah the 1910-11 and 1919-20 kits. Very tasteful, although they did feature green sleeves though....

So it featured a traditional English folk song? That kit was way ahead of its time.

Yup - and the words sum up fan''s relationship with their team pretty well. A couple of tweaks and it would be a good addition to the current repertoire.

Alas, my love, you do me wrong,

To cast me off discourteously.

For I have loved you well and long,

Delighting in your company.

Greensleeves was all my joy

Greensleeves was my delight,

Greensleeves was my heart of gold,

And who but my lady greensleeves.

I like the third kit more than the other two.

This kit reminds me of the old wrigleys double mint wrapper.

It certainly a stand out kit.

A couple of tweaks for the binners
Alas, my team, you play so wrong,

You pis me off most repeatedly.

For I have watched you far too long,

Taking fright at our lack of moneyMarcus Evans was once right, boyMarcus Evans is now so shyteMarcus Evans has robbed us blindAnd it''s but the laddie Marcus Evans