Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Wigan match thread

[quote user="tired"]Had a dream a couple of nights ago where Vrancic scored a late volley to win it for us 1-0.[/quote]

You mate, are weird!!!!! (In a nice way though haha)

Volley, penalty, whatever! I think they call that a prophetic dream 👍

Fairly even scrappy first half but we shaded it over all. Had the better chances and 2nd half we seemed to be the only team who wanted the 3 points.

MOTM: Stiepermann. An NCFC version of ''The Ugly Duckling.'' Amazing transformation.

Magic. Top end of the table nosebleed. Well done City[:D]
Wel done Tired for the prediction[Y]

Not pretty but games we lost last year we are winning.

A win always perks up the weekend and now we look forward to another midweek game.

Tettey my MOTM.

We’re 5th - and FLYING! Too early to talk about promotion for any team BUT we have as good a chance as anyone! Well done Daniel and the lads! OTBC

In other news, Ipswich let a 2-0 half-time lead slip to Birmingham, and have now finished with 10 men. :D

The table doesn''t lie we are told. It does look nice to see us up there.

Only side likely to win it.

Tough opponents though, but we kept them at bay.

Hernadez will add something more, whilst the massive prospect that is Cantwell can be nursed.

Buendia manages to be very good and very bad in the same game. He''s young though.

The German trio of Stiepperma, Leitner and Vrancic are our backbone.

KIO

kick it off wrote the following post at 29/09/2018 3:59 PM:

I dont think it was a pen. Only seen one replay but it looked like he tripped over the ball. Aside from that though, the ref is having a shocker. “

Ref couldn’t wait to point to the spot for that Pen KIO😀

Is Farke getting more confident and (awful word but...) proactive with his substitutions? Despite a squad with some players out from injury all three made with 15 minutes to go.

Great stuff- I know we keep winning by the odd goal but the type of performance is much more varied that we saw last season- Farke seems to have adapted and become less dogmatic in his tactics and it shows.

Indeed VW but to be fair that one was more clear cut. It was soft but it was a pen. Enough contact to stop him getting his shot away. Who cares though.... EI, E I, E I O..

"Vrancic is Bosnian."

I think we all know that. The commentator mentioned it enough.

German League then if you need to nit pick.

Thanks Making Plans for that link. Not perfect, but enough on the day.

Keep it up.

kick it off wrote the following post at 29/09/2018 5:17 PM:

Indeed VW but to be fair that one was more clear cut. It was soft but it was a pen. Enough contact to stop him getting his shot away. Who cares though.... EI, E I, E I O..

Great day, didn’t play that well but still got the result...sign of a good side 👍

Haven’t been singing EI, EI,EIO for a long time 😀

We have played all four sides above us.

The fact that we have only three points to show from these games belies the fact that we handed a win to the Baggies and suffered from a last minute and rather fortunate goal when losing to the Blades.

A lot of easier teams in the pipeline ready to be digested.

Wigan described as "the best Wigan side for years" by a supporter via that quite biased commentary were good but never actually really threatened Krul.

Nice, great to win 5 on the bounce, including league cup, so is Farke a very good coach getting lots out of up and coming youngsters and lesser lower league players?

I still see this set up as verygood, still have my doubts on Webber but starting to warm to him, Farke is a very good technical coach with a good man management style.

Invest and build now on the foundations laid down, I’d start by looking to tie Farke up to anothe two year contract.

The poor play today wasn''t DF''s fault. There was some sloppy passing, especially from the back, (laughed when Klose stamped his feet after a poor pass), and any moves continuously broke down before we got too far up the pitch.

The players have to hold their hands up and say that they should have played better but still got the win so I guess confidence is high.

Kudos to Paul Cook for his after-match comments, particularly his verdict on the two penalty incidents. Makes a nice change from the usual sour grapes served up by opposition managers in those kinds of circumstance. 

Paul Cook does seem like a genuinely nice bloke. Honest assessment after the game and was clear he was enjoying himself on the touch line. He was joining in with the banter from the fans and even mocked himself at one point.