Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Farke,Farke Sort It Out,Farke Sort It Out !

[quote user="lake district canary"]
[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Webber sees us as a feeder club.

He''s motivated by negotiating big deals. Signing for pennies and making a big profit. Listen to his comments around the Maddison deal, his delight at being a big part in the negotiations was tangible.

Proportionally we are under investing in the first 11, and any ambition to build a side capable of promotion is more than questionable. There is no immediate plan or motivation for a return to the Premier League. That much is clear.

The biggest concern is this lack of ambition filtering through the club, resulting in our young stars forming the mind-set that Norwich is merely a steeping stone to bigger and better things. And when this happens, you''ve got no chance of building anything successful on the pitch.

I liked it under McNally and Bowkett, when we invested in the first team. When results on the pitch where high priority. And for the first time in Norwich''s history, we weren''t a selling club![/quote]
Total gibberish. Of course Webber would be delighted with the Maddison deal - anyone who is realistic about our club would be. Why do you assume there is no ambition? Why?  Because we sold players? The Maddison and Murphy money has been put to good use,  balancing the books and putting together a good balanced squad.  And your view that we stopped being a selling club for a while, that is plain rubbish - all clubs sell players, even Man City.  Also the view in hindsight is that we should not have spent all our money on the players in the PL - it turned out to be shortsighted. I don''t now where people get all this negatve stuff from, it''s as if they delight in being negative.
[/quote]

Being accused of talking gibberish by LDC is the height of irony.

110% of your posts are complete gibberish.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="TIL 1010"]
'' Changes that saw us with 4 probable Premiership youngsters on the pitch ''.
I am sure the board will be absolutely delighted with that which means we can sell them to keep balacing the books to remain debt free and we can start the conveyor belt all over again with another rebuilt.
Marvellous !
[/quote]

That IS pretty much the plan they outlined, isn’t it? Of course, promotion would change things a bit..

I’m not sure that the use of ‘debt free’ is entirely accurate either. There will certainly be times where we accrue some debt, a facility was in place to accommodate such a situation for this season. It’s more that we have to be self-sustainable and this generate our own income. To that end, it’s imperative that we blood these young players; Lewis will likely be the next to go.[/quote]Duncan, I''m not sure that it is the outlined plan. We will only have difficulty being debt free* if we choose to spend "too much" on wages. A club of our size and non-football revenues can maintain a competitive first team squad at championship level without taking on debt through wages.They may chose to over-pay to tempt players that they are particularly attracted to - but it is only if we chose to do this that we will NEED to sell players to remain solvent.In reality, if we are not promoted, players that attract interest from premier league clubs are likely to go in any case - simply because they want to play in the premier league. We will have far less pressure to sell our best players moving forwards as the financial transition has been made (or will have been when we finally get Jarvis and Naismith off our wage bill next June).* We will not remain debt-free at all times - but they will (I hope) plan cash very carefully to ensure that they can meet all liabilities as they fall due. The £5 million bond scheme is an example of this - it is debt over 5 years (?) that we have already accrued.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"][quote user="lake district canary"]
[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]Webber sees us as a feeder club.

He''s motivated by negotiating big deals. Signing for pennies and making a big profit. Listen to his comments around the Maddison deal, his delight at being a big part in the negotiations was tangible.

Proportionally we are under investing in the first 11, and any ambition to build a side capable of promotion is more than questionable. There is no immediate plan or motivation for a return to the Premier League. That much is clear.

The biggest concern is this lack of ambition filtering through the club, resulting in our young stars forming the mind-set that Norwich is merely a steeping stone to bigger and better things. And when this happens, you''ve got no chance of building anything successful on the pitch.

I liked it under McNally and Bowkett, when we invested in the first team. When results on the pitch where high priority. And for the first time in Norwich''s history, we weren''t a selling club![/quote]
Total gibberish. Of course Webber would be delighted with the Maddison deal - anyone who is realistic about our club would be. Why do you assume there is no ambition? Why?  Because we sold players? The Maddison and Murphy money has been put to good use,  balancing the books and putting together a good balanced squad.  And your view that we stopped being a selling club for a while, that is plain rubbish - all clubs sell players, even Man City.  Also the view in hindsight is that we should not have spent all our money on the players in the PL - it turned out to be shortsighted. I don''t now where people get all this negatve stuff from, it''s as if they delight in being negative.
[/quote]

Being accused of talking gibberish by LDC is the height of irony.

110% of your posts are complete gibberish.[/quote]
If my posts are gibberish, at least they are supportive gibberish, as opposed to your obvious enjoyment at writing negative gibberish.

SO which replacement manager would fans want to be able to get a better tune out of this squad?

Previous fan favourites such as rowett and monk are hardly setting the world alight either.

And the disquiet shown towards Farke is a mere drop in the ocean compared to the dips in results and subsequent vitriol aimed at Lee Johnson at Bristol City who seem to be progressing nicely by sticking with the manager.

It remains a thin set of options, but as a starter Michael Appleton.

[quote user="Zimmers Left Foot"]SO which replacement manager would fans want to be able to get a better tune out of this squad?

Previous fan favourites such as rowett and monk are hardly setting the world alight either.

And the disquiet shown towards Farke is a mere drop in the ocean compared to the dips in results and subsequent vitriol aimed at Lee Johnson at Bristol City who seem to be progressing nicely by sticking with the manager.

It remains a thin set of options, but as a starter Michael Appleton.[/quote]
I don''t want a replacement manager - I like Farke, I like what he is trying to do and I''m patient enough to give him a reasonable amount of time to succeed.

I don''t think it is just a matter of replacing manager or coaches. You may end up with someone worse.

But how long do you give someone who continually fails?

As easy as it is to say, its early days and give a manager time, it is just as easy to ask what if the damage done in that time is irreversible?

It is easy for us to pick one way or the other. I don''t think it is quite as easy for the board.

Well I position myself between the overly optimistic LDC and pessimistic(yet sometimes realistic) Lincoln. I don''t think changing manager now would be a good idea, but Farke has to get his act together!

I do fear for another Neil scenario , where the board delay until it''s too late...

If there has to be another appointment...I would lean towards Appleton too. I don''t think Lambert would work, he would constantly be trying to get out of his own shadow , if you understand what I mean...

I thought the Farke out shouts were fairly muted tbh (in V2). The chap next me seemed much more intent on belting out Delia out. There won’t be protests, The ambition of our crowd at FCR is entirely aligned with that of the board. As for the away fans they will simply melt away. The anger that was apparent during Hughton’s tenure has been replaced by indifference. Indeed, I couldn’t believe out few bothered to go to Sheffield Utd last month.

Farke is simply not the issue, it’s the downgrading of the playing squad in the context of owners that simply can’t compete with the financial requirements of tier two football. Until we get new investment in the club it’s a gradual decline to tier three or tier four. As to the football on Sunday it was a poor game with poor players made worse by a poor referee.

I thought when Krul and Rhodes were signed that should give us enough to avoid relegation this season. But, certainly in the former case, such an optimistic view appears somewhat misplaced.

With the number of foreign nationals at NCFC probably best to get someone from The United Nations

I Said 10 games at the start of the season but it looks like he is carrying on from last season with poor results

i will give him the 10 games still but after that enough is enough

you can not wait and wait he may never turn out the Manager / Head coach we all thought

Nothing wrong admitting you made a mistake

it is wrong not to carry on with the Mistake though

There will always be supporters who believe that we should buy promotion for the first team. There will always be supporters who come to games to boo the manager or to protest against the owners. For some it is their only pleasure in life. In the USA more than 5% of the population are Trump voting white supremicist flat earthers. The same sort of crazy applies here.

I suppose the key is whether he is “underachieving” or not. We had similar comments with Chris Hughton and David McNally would tell people that he was performing in line with or better than his peers which, at the time, included Lambert at Villa. In the end the board went with the vocal dissatisfied and took a punt on Neil Adams. I’d say that was a massive mistake but a few games into the Adams reign (after he got us relegated), the same fans were proclaiming that they had “their Norwich back”. A few more games down the line and he was wearing Hoots’ clown wig; the Norwich they’d got back seemingly not good enough.

As for Farke....

Well, it comes down to personal expectation as to whether you feel he is doing ok or not. On the face of it, one win from six will have those that feel we should be top end and challenging reaching for that wig once again. If you look at what he’s lost in terms of playing assets and consider his replacements as “rough diamonds” as opposed to the polished excellence of, say, Pritchard and Maddison, then he’s probably doing ok.

There’s no doubt that the club view a return to the top flight as the aim but I’m not sure what their timeframe is or even if a solid deadline has been determined. We’ve also had to cut our costs to reflect our league status, selling assets has eased the angle that we’re leaning over the abyss and, theoretically, as we move forward we may well be able to retain our better players as we become less reliant on transfer money to balance a top heavy wage bill. That said, the investment in the academy is forward thinking and the emergence of players like Lewis and Aarons and Cantwell and possibly Idah, Spyrou, Thorvaldsson and others provide a sunnier projection moving forward. When/if they demonstrate that they’re top-flight capable, it will be difficult to keep them if we’re in the Premier League and nigh impossible if we’re in the Championship. However, having largely swept the high earning underachievers out the door, there will, theoretically, be more money for squad investment that should (again theoretically) see us at least pressing for promotion.

Considering that, I’d suggest that patience might well be the order of the time. Unfortunately, we don’t live in patient times. There is an immediacy about everything now. You don’t need to wait for tomorrow’s papers to find out today’s news, you don’t need to wait for your mate to get in from work to get hold of him, you don’t have to wait for Match of the Day to see the goals and football fans want their success delivered similarly.

If we were to jettison Farke, I’d have concerns about our current squad. Not just because of the German contingent but also because he was obviously a key component in getting the likes of Hernandez and Leitner to come here in the first place.

I’m sure that people might feel that another manager might get “more” from the current squad; I’d be equally concerned that another manager might get diddly squat from some of them too.

Webber though has been fairly consistent that under the current system the head coach should be easily interchangeable. I’m not so sure that our recruitment gives that claim too much weight.

He may gave been a key component in bringing players from Germany with him....but if Farke left, I''d have no qualms if he took the lot with him.

Lets be honest, how many have been succesful or are key players in our first XI?

Franke, failure

Leitner - flattering to deceive

Zimmerman,Trybull,Vrancic -bench/Fringe

Steiperman, Passlack, Srbeny- reserve

Hernandez is the only one currently a guaranteed starter that we''d miss at the moment but if it meant losing this contingent in order to get rid of Farke and his staff , it would be a small price to pay.

We could just as easily get squad fillers such as the above from the lower leagues in this country

Not until January at the earliest. The players you don’t want would need to be offloaded to raise funds to replace them too.

Fwiw, I think Leitner will prove to be a good signing. Trybull and Tettey have been a decent partnership and their results when played together back that. Passlack? Have t seen enough of him but he is a young loan player that hasn’t had his quest helped by the emergence of Max Aarons and Srbeny is exactly the “rough diamond” type I was talking about. Noel Hernandez - if he can maintain it - looks a real find. Stiepermann and Zimmerman have both acquitted themselves well enough. That we’ve let Raggett out on loan and released Martin suggests there’s plenty of confidence in Zimbo and Godfrey to step in if and when required.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
Surprised that nobody has mentioned yet the quite loud chants in V1 & V2 after the Scum goal and also a few renditions of '' You don''t know what you''re doing ''.
When cracks start to appear in the away support especially in a local derby Farke has got to start producing the goods before too much longer surely as it will end in tears. Leitner saved the day with the equalizer which of course sent the away following wild because of who we were playing not because of how we were playing.
[/quote]
a good few are not only missing tonight but I don''t doubt having a quite sob somewhere

[quote user="Ben"][quote user="TIL 1010"]
Surprised that nobody has mentioned yet the quite loud chants in V1 & V2 after the Scum goal and also a few renditions of '' You don''t know what you''re doing ''.
When cracks start to appear in the away support especially in a local derby Farke has got to start producing the goods before too much longer surely as it will end in tears. Leitner saved the day with the equalizer which of course sent the away following wild because of who we were playing not because of how we were playing.
[/quote]
a good few are not only missing tonight but I don''t doubt having a quite sob somewhere
[/quote]

Congrats on posting the most obvious post that was going to happen tonight... Celebrate 5th rather than pointlessly digging out a fellow City fan x

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="Ben"][quote user="TIL 1010"]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Congrats on posting the most obvious post that was going to happen tonight... Celebrate 5th rather than pointlessly digging out a fellow City fan x[/quote]
The two are NOT mutually exclusive - both can be done.
In fact one begats the other
The comment was not aimed at one poster, it was directed to all the whingers on that thread - all of whom have ''gone missing'' in the past fortnight or so.
Binner sh itbags
ps you might be better asking why none of them have been on here ................ celebrating our win.

As said, one dodgy decision (he made enough today) and we would have been 16th
It is the way we are playing that I suggest is important - too early to worry about league position however gratifying it is given where we were at the start of the month. However a narrow defeat to Derby could see us sliding down a fair few places. Would that position really define our recent form ?
We started today with 3 academy players and a team assembled for relatively little.
If we can continue to produce and develop players at the current rate then we have little to be concerned about and much to look forward to.

I thought ten games would be a good point to judge Farke but now we’re (falsely) fifth I’ve decided to give him another five games.

Only fair, really. The cracks are still there despite the paper. Hope I’m wrong.

As i said in the original post......Farke has got to start producing the goods before too much longer and he has so what exactly are you saying City1st ?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I thought ten games would be a good point to judge Farke but now we’re (falsely) fifth I’ve decided to give him another five games.

Only fair, really. The cracks are still there despite the paper. Hope I’m wrong.[/quote]
you might think so, I doubt others do