Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

EFL/Carabao Cup 4th round draw

Home game hopefully against Blackpool or Burton, but I think we''ve had our luck so away to Everton it will be.

The last thing we need is a repeat of the Arsenal aftermath from last season.

That could herald the return of Pig Mince and other assorted doomongers.

I am enjoying this form and feelgood factor again. Long may it continue.

Lousy draw.

Lot''s of travel, low gate receipts and overall an unwanted interruption to our league campaign.

A win would have been nice if we were floundering as last season, but the last flourish of success has meant that this competition should no longer be taken seriously by Farke, imo.

Far more important issues at hand.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Lousy draw.

Lot''s of travel, low gate receipts and overall an unwanted interruption to our league campaign.

A win would have been nice if we were floundering as last season, but the last flourish of success has meant that this competition should no longer be taken seriously by Farke, imo.

Far more important issues at hand.[/quote]
Has he taken it seriously so far? He''s changed the entire lineup every cup game....

Quote from that forum

"Then they had the balls to sell Lewis Grabban back to us at a vastly inflated price ......

Roger brown and Kevin reeves !"

I''m based near London, my brother is based in the Midlands, we were both talking about the sheer amount of options still left in for a decent away trip and we get...this.

Balls.

The strength of the team bournemouth field will dictate this match....on the face of it a club who "shouldnt" be in relegation trouble would field a strong side in the last 16 of a cup competition, if however Howe opts to make multiple changes , we might just have a chance as with Cardiff

They’re already talking about who they will play in the next round. Perhaps they’re not aware we’ve actually got more players with Champions League experience than them. I look forward to it 👍

This is a home match for me... Be warned of road works on A338 and M27/M3 junctions, so check ahead or book yourself on club cabbage for this one and sleep on the way home.

Always looking for an excuse to go back down there, and Blackburn ran them relatively close.
Decent draw for me.

I have investigated the financial rewards of this competition and, as I suspected, they are so piddle poor that it''s hardly worth us having that private plane revved up.

Here''s how it works...

"An EFL spokesperson informed Mirror Sport that there is zero prize money up until the semi-final stage of the competition.

The two teams that exit the competition in the semis will receive £25,000.

As for the finalists, £50,000 goes to the runner up while the winner pockets £100,000.

While this initially may not seem a lot, these figures don''t include the money generated from gate receipts.

Unlike league matches, the total sum earned at a Carabao Cup match via gate receipts is split 45 per cent each way, regardless of where the game is played.

With Bournemouth averaging less than 11, 000 in the PL it seems highly likely then that our income from this game will be 45% of the take of about this number ie. the income from little more than 5,000 then.

For this we risk injury, fatigue, a disruption of training and expense.

The actual prize money for the semi-finalists and the finalists and the winners is derisory. There might be some revenue from television too though.

Smaller clubs might benefit from involvement if a draw suits them and PL clubs might stand a chance of getting bigger crowds and even winning it but for a club in City''s current position the disadvantages of continued involvement outweigh the advantages.

I would never want the team to lose any game and the possibility of a win against the Cherries might open the way to a decent tie but, as things are right now, I wouldn''t lose any sleep in defeat. It might even be a relief.

No first team regulars please DF.

I had to check for myself you had it right Broady as i could not believe what i was reading but you are bang on so sorry to doubt you.

I believe we made a fair bit of money from the gate at Arsenal - and I doubt if two semi finals generate ''piddley'' amounts either.
As to the final well the winners not only receive a hefty sum, but a place in the EUFA cup.
However that ''hefty sum'' does not amount to much more (if that) than the prize money awarded in the PL for each pace higher in the final table.
So maybe with that and a game against Man Utd a few days later it might be that Bournemouth will not field a full strength team.
For us to win through to the quarter finals would be a welcome boost for the fans, more so than perhaps the club.
And we can cope with the pressure of games played close together.....as the past weeks have shown
Up and ''at ''em is my thought.

I want to win any cup match for a bit of excitement, regardless of the economics. Its fairly competitive in the squad for getting a first time spot so these games give the chance for others to get game time so they can be more useful for 1st team games. Normally there is always a 2nd string team, but most of our squad currently its first team quality,

Bound to be some dislike from their older fans after we stripped them of a whole team and pinched their manager and assistants back in the early 70s.

Whilst down there I had an extremely uncomfortable haircut with a barber who went on a 30 minute rant about that when I mentioned I was a Norwich fan. I was a little concerned about how many sharp objects were to hand!

I am bound to miss somebody but the list was.....
John Bond.
John Benson.
John Sainty.
Ken Brown.
Mark Nightingale.
David Jones.
Tony Powell.
Kevin Reeves.

No extra time to worry about and a chance to collect another Premiership scalp against a team in trouble-plus who wouldn''t want us to knock out the smuggest man in football?

No brainer for me, go for the win, putting out our strongest team we can under the circumstances.

"No brainer for me, go for the win, putting out our strongest team we can under the circumstances"

Sorry to go on but the chances are are against us winning and should we lose and the likes of Pukki, or the two youngsters at the back get injured then our season /good run, or whatever, could be seriously dented.

Emotion is fine, but this is a time to be pragmatic. We have entered the top six for the first time in over two seasons, we have an injury problem with a few vital players, Hanley, Hernandez, McClean etc. out of contention at the moment. The "circumstances" are not favourable surely?

These mid-week cup games have a habit of adversely effecting league results, some would claim it happened with us last season.

Should we win, stay injury free and draw a Man. United in the next round then I will eat my words, but this entire outcome is unlikely.

If I''d have known that this lousy draw was lined up for us I wouldn''t have been nearly so pleased that we won at Wycombe.

We won’t be drawing Mau Utd in the next round. Shame as now would be a good time to play them.

What sort of team do you want put out Broadstairs - the Under 15’s? We’ll do what we always do and put out a competitive team made up of regulars and those around the periphery, I would like to see us progress as I think it’s BENEFICIAL to be giving your Passlack’s etc minutes so team moral stays high and everyone’s involved. Any player can get injured in any game, that’s just how it is, it’s not like we’re not already playing Saturdays and Tuesdays each week anyway. And what screwed us last time against Arsenal was the added playing time within a single game and demoralising loss after going so close that followed. So am looking forward to this one and an excellent chance to reach the Quarter Finals.

According to one Bournemouth supporter, this will be ‘Norwich’s Cup Final’ for the year 😝😂. I’m fairly sure our Borussia Dortmund boys will hardly be salivating at the mouth playing in their poxy open topped bungalow or whatever it is.