Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Pants

New contract for Farke?

As far as I''m aware DF''s contract is up at the end of the season and arguably his stock is higher now than ever. We''ve had some good runs before with Farke, only for it to end all mediocre. We might have to make a commitment to him sooner rather than later, what do you think?
I''ve no issues with extending his contract, but might have be a bit more restrained than that rediculous contract that we (Balls) gave Neil.

A 12 month extension is as far as I''d go,but not yet. Wait until mid November.

I’m not convinced by him yet - but am enjoying the football again at the moment.

On a personal level I think he is a very dignified and professional individual who comes across really well. Pleased he can have enjoyed his last few weekends after what must have been a stressful start to the season.

There is really no need to rush it at this point- we will have given him a two year deal because we want to see him over two seasons. If come March we''re still playing well and looking good then renew.

Before the win vs Buro people were starting to murmour about Farke out chants.

Now people want him to be given an extended contract.

Play offs and Binners beaten at home then we talk extensions Imho.

I think saying he needs playoffs before we give him an extension is bit harsh- if we play like we have for most of this season but finish 8th or 9th I think we''d have shown sufficient progress for him to have earned a new deal.

If we finish top ten, playing enjoyable football surely he deserves the opportunity to finish the job after being left each season with a new rebuilding job. Do we really want to start all over again with somebody new that may or may not succeed ?

He has pretty much brought into the club ( with Webber ) all that I thought was asked by supporters, youth team players in, attractive football, tightish at the back and being competitive against teams with multi million pound budgets.

Bringing stars in and a top name manager does not always work, Villa being a good example.

He is building something really good, has great contacts and an understanding of young players. I hope we give him a long contract before he has a better offer.

It is natural to get excited about this run and hats off to DF for it. I criticise him for his attitude but cannot fault it at the moment.

But to offer a new contract after ten games is too hasty.

I am not only keen to see him keep the run going but also keen to see him stick to this lineup as much as possible.

For instance, Aarons had a poor one Saturday but I hope that doesn''t mean he will be dropped for the next match.

DF has to hold his nerve, trust his initial judgement and try and increase this run and momentum as far as possible.

I would accept top eight coupled with more good performances than bad at the end of the season as a benchmark of improvement enough to offer another contract.

He''s such a nice guy, doing a great job on limited resources and having sold four of our best players the team remain competitive and could even get promotion this season against all odds. He has the team playing some very attractive football, and has improved many players from last season, brought in some good additions to the squad, blooded youngsters exceptionally well and thoroughly deserves an extension to his contract. 
I wanted him to do well and he is doing well.

Really hope he is awarded with a new contract relatively soon. Good faith in the youth, even in hard times last season no sign of players not wanting to play for him, recruiting well alongside Webber and players like Leitner would likely not have come, or would stay here, without him.

Loss of nerve? Daniel Farke''s been subjected to months of criticism targeting his ability, his man management, his lack of experience, and goodness knows what else, and his nerve has held throughout. If Max Aarons doesn''t feature against Derby it won''t be through any loss of nerve on DF''s part.

Weren''t you claiming a few weeks ago that Farke played Pinto because he''d bowed to pressure from the fans for more entertainment? Or has that narrative been canned now he''s winning games?

New contract for Farke?

Yes Please

We cannot afford to keep getting in this cycle of paying off managers, we just can''t afford it. Farke deserves to have his contract extended based on what he has done with the hand he has been dealt.

I really cannot get too excited about being in a hurry up to extend Farke''s contract. What exactly has he achieved to justify it as at the moment it is still a work in progress for me but some on here seem to be getting carried away on the back of getting to 5th in the table regarding it as some major achievement.
As Wazzy says he has done well with the hand he was dealt but as quickly as we have zoomed up the table does that really justify extending the current contract which runs until the end of the season when if it does not work out Farke will walk with no compo in his pocket and at no cost to us. Haste by Balls ( allegedly ) ended up costing us £2 million ( allegedly ) when Alex Neil was seen as the next Messiah.
As for Hoggy and his take on it being a '' reward '' to extend his contract, a reward for what exactly as we have not even played a quarter of the season yet ? Sitting handily placed heading towards next May after about 40 games and i will agree.

I can’t see anyone better in the wings! He’s got a clear way forward and has developed some youngstersinto very good players and turned around some players killing around lower leagues. I can’t sing his praises highly enough given what he’s had to deal with over the past two seasons and to be sitting top 5 is fantastic, of course he deserves another contract and now in my book!

As long as we continue to play good football and attack quicker than last season until December a new contract needs to be offered. You can''t expect Farke will receive offers from better teams in this division at the moment. And he has a project at City to complete which will be finished when top half finishes are a regular occurrence then he may be poached but it will not be at Villa. Next season is attractive when we shall be in better financial situation.

Keep up the progress and onward and upwards

Absolutely 100%, YES.

It’s going as we were told it would go from the day he joined. 3 transfer windows, each handled very well all things considered. A work in progress not regress. A boost to the players knowing their manager has been backed to get us back to the Premier League this season, that stability will be good for all concerned. And if we’re sitting too pretty in 2 or 3 months time you can bet your life he’ll have no end of offers - just watch the board get slammed for not getting him tied up earlier if this scenario plays out and he leaves.

For once it would be nice if we had a bit of continuity, this whole calling for a manager to be sacked during a difficult patch really annoys me. A long way to go, but progress is being made no question. Give him the contract he will surely deserve whilst we’re in a position to do so.

No manager should ever get more than a 12 month rolling contract because the position itself is highly volatile and if you need to sack him this way you only have months compensation to pay instead of years.

Weren''t you claiming a few weeks ago that Farke played Pinto because he''d bowed to pressure from the fans for more entertainment? Or has that narrative been canned now he''s winning games?

I didn''t know my posts were so memorable. Or is it because it was different to others.

I find it hard to reason with people who, when you ultimately agree with them because the manager is doing what you wanted, still manage to put a negative post about you.

But I also know that we went on a run last season at roughly the same time but ended up pretty dire afterwards. I sincerely hope that isn''t to be repeated and that we go on to better things.

But personally, I still think we are short of being a good team and don''t really believe we will be able to match the WBA and Boros.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I really cannot get too excited about being in a hurry up to extend Farke''s contract. What exactly has he achieved to justify it as at the moment it is still a work in progress for me but some on here seem to be getting carried away on the back of getting to 5th in the table regarding it as some major achievement.[/quote]I view Farke''s achievement as his team playing the best football in over 20 years. Perhaps I''m guilty of getting ''carried away''?

[quote user="4th floor"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I really cannot get too excited about being in a hurry up to extend Farke''s contract. What exactly has he achieved to justify it as at the moment it is still a work in progress for me but some on here seem to be getting carried away on the back of getting to 5th in the table regarding it as some major achievement.[/quote]I view Farke''s achievement as his team playing the best football in over 20 years. Perhaps I''m guilty of getting ''carried away''?
[/quote]
Better than the Paul Lambert era ? Come off it for goodness sake.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
I really cannot get too excited about being in a hurry up to extend Farke''s contract. What exactly has he achieved to justify it as at the moment it is still a work in progress for me but some on here seem to be getting carried away on the back of getting to 5th in the table regarding it as some major achievement.
As Wazzy says he has done well with the hand he was dealt but as quickly as we have zoomed up the table does that really justify extending the current contract which runs until the end of the season when if it does not work out Farke will walk with no compo in his pocket and at no cost to us. Haste by Balls ( allegedly ) ended up costing us £2 million ( allegedly ) when Alex Neil was seen as the next Messiah.
As for Hoggy and his take on it being a '' reward '' to extend his contract, a reward for what exactly as we have not even played a quarter of the season yet ? Sitting handily placed heading towards next May after about 40 games and i will agree.
[/quote]

Works both ways after the first few games you were telling us Farke wasn’t up to it ?

It will take more than a few games without a defeat to make me erase from my memory the turgid stuff we watched last season and the home games against Leeds and for 80 minutes Preston this season also not forgetting the most awful local derby for years just a few short weeks ago.
Results have been great recently and nobody is more delighted than me but please excuse if i am not jumping for joy just yet. Football has a habit of biting you on the bum if you think the only way is up.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="4th floor"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I really cannot get too excited about being in a hurry up to extend Farke''s contract. What exactly has he achieved to justify it as at the moment it is still a work in progress for me but some on here seem to be getting carried away on the back of getting to 5th in the table regarding it as some major achievement.[/quote]I view Farke''s achievement as his team playing the best football in over 20 years. Perhaps I''m guilty of getting ''carried away''?
[/quote]
Better than the Paul Lambert era ? Come off it for goodness sake.[/quote]While he was a very good manager, we didn''t get much further than crossing the ball for Morrison or Holt to head in. Farke by contrast looks to be more in the mould of Stringer and Walker, where there was much more depth and quality to our play.
I suppose what turned a lot of people off Farke was that he was trying to improve the quality, hence he didn''t immediately set the team up to play attacking football in similar way to how Lambert did.
Maybe those who were recently slagging off Farke''s football as being boring didn''t realise what he was trying to achieve, and didn''t notice the improvement?

[quote user="Big Vince"]No manager should ever get more than a 12 month rolling contract because the position itself is highly volatile and if you need to sack him this way you only have months compensation to pay instead of years.[/quote]
I have to agree with this.  It is not in a club''s interest to be committed to a big pay-off in the likely event of an eventual downturn, but of course it can depend on the demand for the manager elsewhere and his corresponding negotiating power. There really is no reason at the moment why Norwich should offer more than a rolling one year contract, and of course there is the knock-on effect of contracts for his supporting staff to consider.