Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

The case for Paul Lambert aka the Messiah

On 04/10/2018 at 11:08, TIL 1010 said:

Wagner got Huddersfield promoted in his second season so am i missing something and we have actually been promoted at the beginning of October ?

Yes, you are missing something, TIL.

It''s called humility [:|]
Maybe i will show some at the end of the season when Farke has achieved something of note Jools . It could all go wrong as quickly as it has gone right in the next few games and it may just be you having to show some humility at the end of the season so for your sake i hope not.

Okay, TIL -- About that humility thing.

We can't rule out a 9-point deduction yet for charging £2.50 for a bottle of Coke.
That may be breaking the Financial Fair Play regulations.

• Haha 1

Though I never posted it here - I was rather vocal against Farke around late August - early September. I felt the way we started was the way we had finished last season and saw no discernible improvement in how the team was approaching the difficulties of the Championship. Whilst I knew that monumental change had occurred, I still felt the team should have been competitive in the league and the overall dire performance against Ip****e made for glum viewing and future.

How wrong I was. Faith was needed. I have that now and I see the light. Come what may in the Premier League - being beaten 5-0 week in week out and finishing with an all time record low points, I would still believe in Farke and Webber - as I know that they will be sensible with recruitment and stick to their principles and approach to football. I know that if this happens, we will be back in the Premier League in short order, and will only improve. Long may they stay.

Is that enough humility?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jools said:
10 hours ago, Jools said:

Okay, TIL -- About that humility thing.

So good to see at such a time of celebration people dragging up posts made 7 months ago laced with a degree of smugness to score points.

I got it totally wrong regarding Farke and our prospects for the season based on what i witnessed last season and the games this season before October which included a thrashing at home by Leeds on the back of WBA coming here the game before and scoring 4 goals coupled with the most dire local derby seen in recent times. The signs were not good but as i said i will give praise when it is due and not before so now is the time to give Farke and Webber high praise. I notice that in an interview given by Webber after the game on Saturday night that he said nobody could have seen this coming at the start of the season.

Sarcasm Alert ! Obviously he did not include you in that Jools. 😜

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

So good to see at such a time of celebration people dragging up posts made 7 months ago laced with a degree of smugness to score points.

I got it totally wrong regarding Farke and our prospects for the season based on what i witnessed last season and the games this season before October which included a thrashing at home by Leeds on the back of WBA coming here the game before and scoring 4 goals coupled with the most dire local derby seen in recent times. The signs were not good but as i said i will give praise when it is due and not before so now is the time to give Farke and Webber high praise. I notice that in an interview given by Webber after the game on Saturday night that he said nobody could have seen this coming at the start of the season.

Sarcasm Alert ! Obviously he did not include you in that Jools. 😜

That’s the thing though, the signs were there. It was a different feeling from the previous season. We were an attacking team from the first game. Time was needed for it to click and players to be integrated (and for Emi to get into the team) but the signs were definitely there. To want Lambert back was ridiculous.

Hindsights great etc etc but post like these early in the season just smacked of impatience yet again from fans. Thankfully the board and Webber had full faith in the plan and could see signs of promise even in those early games.

Would the person who accurately forecast what would happen this season kindly email me tomorrow's Euro millions numbers.

Grateful thanks in anticipation👍

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Would the person who accurately forecast what would happen this season kindly email me tomorrow's Euro millions numbers.

Apparently Bob Mortimer said that we were going to win the league this season – kudos!

35 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Can't imagine theres many who will be able to take you up on that however it is good to see threads like these appear and realise it's not always as bad as people fear and peoples faith can be rewarded.

If it makes the OP feel better the 'Messiah' did a fantastic job too this season!

27 minutes ago, Budapest Canary said:

If I could turn back time...I'd put a tenner on us getting promoted.

Would you then Cher out your winnings..?!

BOOM BOOM!

• Haha 4

I really thought the growing call for Farke’s head was going to win, but my personal belief in him never waived. I do not like my suggestion for Lambert as a replacement if Farke was given the bullet however - that would have been a disastrous call, but I would have liked to have seen us carry on with the German revolution for certain. It is interesting that most of those that wanted him gone are not posting on here anymore, maybe it was the forum changeover, but perhaps they no longer had anything to moan about. Regardless, NCFC has most certainly won on this occasion - big time 🏆

Nothing wrong with bumping these threads.

There's one where a poster risked £250 that we finish top six. He was responding to an invitation by another poster "Mike" who wanted someone to bet him presumably because he thought he could profit from what he thought would be a season of failure.

Anyone seen Mike?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Nothing wrong with bumping these threads.

There's one where a poster risked £250 that we finish top six. He was responding to an invitation by another poster "Mike" who wanted someone to bet him presumably because he thought he could profit from what he thought would be a season of failure.

Anyone seen Mike?

I think the welcher's surname is Hunt. 🤬

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

And where’s that Golden Coppell chap gone? He always had a lot to say - until we started to do well...

2 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I think the welcher's surname is Hunt. 🤬

From something I spotted today, Drazen, I believe it was Stiepermann that first gave him that eloquent moniker...

😉😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

That’s the thing though, the signs were there. It was a different feeling from the previous season. We were an attacking team from the first game. Time was needed for it to click and players to be integrated (and for Emi to get into the team) but the signs were definitely there. To want Lambert back was ridiculous.

Hindsights great etc etc but post like these early in the season just smacked of impatience yet again from fans. Thankfully the board and Webber had full faith in the plan and could see signs of promise even in those early games.

just about my thoughts as well.

The longer I support this club the more patient I have become and 'accepting' of our place in the footballing world. It certainly generates a more calming outlook. Some of the games last year we looked like world beaters for a period and I thought we could do well. The start of this I with other saw a stutter and resigned myself to another season of adjustment. 

The rest is history, bring on next season...…………...

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

And where’s that Golden Coppell chap gone? He always had a lot to say - until we started to do well...

Yeah, it's funny that. But as sure as night follows day, a tough few games in the Prem will bring him, and many others, back. Might be worth a pre-emptive thread suggesting all the moans that may rear their ugly heads.😀

I really think bumping back up threads of this kind is below the belt. Schadenfreude is an unattractive characteristic, and it is human nature sometimes to be wrong. Not a problem familiar to me, of course, but I gather it is widespread.

And it is clear that in many cases such posters who otherwise would have been keen to explain their views have been tragically prevented from doing so by insoluble computer problems dating back to last autumn. They should have our sympathy for their frustrating plight.

• Haha 3