Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

The case for Paul Lambert aka the Messiah

Some managers are meant to be with certain clubs the Messiah had great success with us

Less so with other clubs but that shouldn''t tarnish what he has done for us

A few things make him the ideal candidate

1) he proved with us that he can get the best out of average players and especially with culverhouse as coach

2) he won great success with a German team so can get the best out of our current sausage eaters

3) it would give the fans some hope for the rest of the season

Therefore I am calling for the immediate sacking of Farke and the second coming of the Messiah

Having previously been a strong advocate of going down the German route for a coach, I''m disappointed we chose the wrong one.
Yes, let''s give the messiah a contract --- He only left because the Board wouldn''t give him the readies for Benteke.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Don’t disagree but it seemed to go pair shaped for him after his split from Culverhouse.[/quote]

i wouldn''t want to see this without Culverhouse who I think was the tactical brain. These things also have a bad habit of not working second time around.

Would Culverhouse and Karsa work with him again ?

Walker came back but never reached the heights again ?

i would have Lambert over Farke any day as he has done it for us but does lightning strike twice ??

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Don’t disagree but it seemed to go pair shaped for him after his split from Culverhouse.[/quote]
Yep, the two went together like a Clough & Taylor.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]does lightning strike twice ??[/quote]
Ask Lee Trevino [;)]

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"] These things also have a bad habit of not working second time around.[/quote]
You mean like when Webber made a trip to Germany and brought Wagner over here and thought it would happen again when he went and got Farke ?

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Don’t disagree but it seemed to go pair shaped for him after his split from Culverhouse.[/quote]

i wouldn''t want to see this without Culverhouse who I think was the tactical brain.[/quote]
There''s no way Culverhouse would leave Grantham Town [:|]

[quote user="Jools"]
[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Don’t disagree but it seemed to go pair shaped for him after his split from Culverhouse.[/quote]

i wouldn''t want to see this without Culverhouse who I think was the tactical brain.[/quote]
There''s no way Culverhouse would leave Grantham Town [:|]
[/quote]

i''m sure Culverhouse would leave Grantham town, but would he be prepared to work with Lambert again? (it''s not exactly clear what happened at Villa, but they''ve not worked together since).

Many of us remember all too well what happened when Mike Walker returned for a second stint, but that’s not to say Paul Lambert couldn’t do well for us again. I guess, should DF leave or whatever, then PL is ironically one of the few that could actually probably come in and work with the current crop of staff and players without too much disruption due to his time at Borussia Dortmund. Anyway, disappointing day after a very bright start against the league leaders, and personally I think it’s a real shame because I actually like Daniel Farke and what he’s trying to do, he speaks a fair amount of sense to me and is clearly a decent guy. I also don’t think this crop of players are anywhere near as bad as some people make out either, most of the imports look technically gifted as you would expect coming from Germany and Spain etc so are more than capable of playing pacey one touch football should that style of play be deployed. And teams that play that kind of football far more often than not do very very well - I’ve always thought that to be quite obvious, fast movement of the ball such as we saw from Leeds today always causes panic and confusion and is so hard to play against. I do hope Farke etc get it right because I genuinely want to see him do very well here, I can’t get into all this revelling in a bad result etc nonsense, I’m here to support my team, and generally when they really need that support is when things aren’t going particularly well rather than when it is. OTBC

Lambert has had his time at the club. It never works when a manager returns. Farke has to go other wise relegation is a serious possibility.

We are going to hell in a hand cart if the best alternatives we can come up with are lambert or irvine

You couldnt make it up

In the past we’ve tried ex players with no management experience, I bet young Tom has been excellent on Football Manager 2018, I bet he’s got this squad into Europe, what chances Auntie Delia would say, go on young Tom, it’s your Club you have a go!😂

Just to throw it there, I notice there’s never been a female coach I wonder if this might be the next avenue to try, can’t do any worse than we’ve had over the past few seasons.

"We are going to hell in a hand cart if the best alternatives we can come up with are lambert or irvine

You couldnt make it up."

Precisely, an inexperienced Grant Holt would get things going more than these two. Especially the latter.

Seemingly bizarre, such an appointment is no more out of place than having a Peter Grant a Bryan Gunn, an Alex Neil or a even a Daniel Farke.

Probably not a serious suggestion, but boy wouldn''t it add some much needed excitement to the season.

What''s Malky Mackay doing these days?

Just playing devils advocate, but what if Wagner was sacked by Hudddersfield. Would you have him here?

He knows Webber, knows this league, has a promotion on his CV, and kept them in PL.

Just adding to the discussion.

We said we''d give Farke 10 games, well 5 games in and it doesn''t look pretty. Same back four that leaked goals for fun last season, and doing so again. But we''ve now got a far inferior GK than we had in Gunn.

We are so committed to this experiment with the preponderance of german players that we would need a manager who could work with the group of players we have.

So the case for Lambert is that he is a fluent german speaker, he took his coaching badges in Germany and played In Germany. So he might just be a manager who could get something out of this group.

He would also be well backed by supporters in my opinion.

I take the point that he probably needs Culverhouse at his side, but if differences were to be forgiven between Norwich and Lambert then surely those two could bury whatever hatchet they have.

I have been patient with Daniel thus far but that is now wearing thin. He can talk the talk, but it seems he can not walk the walk.

So yes I would give Lambert another go. Whether he could turn Srebeny into the next Grant Holt is though another matter.

OTBC

I don''t know what''s worse. Waveney coming out with this bollox for the thousandth time or people taking it seriously?!

Surely everyone can see that Club Legend Russell Martin is waiting in the wings to take over. That’s the only reason he’s hanging around with the U23s and not going out on loan.

He’s the new Neyul

[quote user="Jools"]
Having previously been a strong advocate of going down the German route for a coach, I''m disappointed we chose the wrong one.
Yes, let''s give the messiah a contract --- He only left because the Board wouldn''t give him the readies for Benteke.<>
[/quote]

Total rubbish. The deal that took Benteke to Villa was set up by McLeish not Lambert.

Was in ''Owners & Trainers'' yesterday at Newmarket and bumped into certain Mr Roeder;

Almost told him I''d have him back.

[quote user="Jools"]
Yes, let''s give the messiah a contract --- He only left because the Board wouldn''t give him the readies for Benteke.
[/quote]
Despite the above post and the content of this thread, I''m still a strong advocate of going down the German route for a coach, btw [:$][:)][Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
[quote user="Yellowbeagle"] These things also have a bad habit of not working second time around.[/quote]
You mean like when Webber made a trip to Germany and brought Wagner over here and thought it would happen again when he went and got Farke ?
[/quote]
You also need to apologise for the above comment, TIL 1010 [:|]

Wagner got Huddersfield promoted in his second season so am i missing something and we have actually been promoted at the beginning of October ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]You are a lone voice in the darkness your Majesty but i for one hope that day will dawn.
[/quote]
oh dear