Sign in to follow this  
Bethnal Yellow and Green

Maddison in the England squad

Well done James!

Hope he doesn''t play Kane in front of him, would prefer Rashford and Sterling.

Hope that''s another windfall for us now he''s called up.

Image may contain: 8 people, crowd
Good to see that he was with the fans last night at Derby with Ruddy and Bennett standing just behind him.

Mason Mount.

Sounds like an initiation ceremony.

It was his falling out with Alex Neil that concerned several people in Team England. So it was at Norwich.

Maddison was prone to outbursts and sulking if not made the ‘main man’. He also refused to return to Aberdeen on loan despite Norwich wanting him to at the time.

He seems to have matured a bit now, but there are still some question marks about him as a team player.

No idea Badger.

I expect not, and if there is it won’t be a huge amount of money. I understand that Leicester were Norwich’s preferred bidders as they promised most of the Maddison fee upfront and free of clauses. If there is an international cap bonus it would probably be after 5 or 10 caps, as that is more standard.

Well deserved.
I like watching international games more when there''s a Norwich connection and although he''s not on books now it still feels as if he is. If he keeps his feet on the ground and stays injury free there''s no reason why he can''t enjoy a long career as a top player.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]It was his falling out with Alex Neil that concerned several people in Team England. So it was at Norwich.

Maddison was prone to outbursts and sulking if not made the ‘main man’. He also refused to return to Aberdeen on loan despite Norwich wanting him to at the time.

He seems to have matured a bit now, but there are still some question marks about him as a team player.[/quote]
Interesting to see that, especially as I got severely slated at the time for suggesting he might have an attitude problem.  He is young and has a very good side to him, on the pitch and with people generally, but he is clearly a determined and single minded footballer and clearly chose to come to us because he thought he was good enough to be in the team and get games. When he didn''t get them, then there was clearly a problem.
All came good in the end and he did fantastic for us.  Top player and will be seen as a top bloke too as he matures. Good luck to him.

If you were Maddison whilst playing at Coventry and you had a couple of top six clubs interested in you, you would only go to Norwich if you expected to play and get the chance to develop as a player.

Whilst he did have experienced players in front of him, Alex Neil seemed unwilling to give him a chance. Getting sent off to Scotland probably made him start to regret coming here, considering he could have played at a similar level in League 1 (Celtic and Rangers apart).

I wouldn''t call that an attitude problem. He believed that he could impress in the Championship and the manager didn''t.

Alex Neil typical of struggling managers stuck with the safe options and favourites regardless of form. We''ve seen it over and over again. Farke on the other hand has the self belief to give young and expansive players a go. The last manager to do that was Neil Adams, Alex Neil just rode on his coat tails whilst making disastrous signings and multiple midfielders.

Great player and trained very well to deal with the media - and project a positive public image, but a very cocky and arrogant sh1t as reported by several people on Norwich nights out.

I hope he does brilliantly as he could be a key player for England. Hopefully he becomes more grounded as he matures.

He wasn''t ''sent off to Scotland'' though, was he? He asked for a loan out for first team football in order to show that he was ready.

He was right and Alex Neil was wrong

You need a bit of arrogance to become the best so I dont really care what he is like on a night out. Did his talking on the pitch with us, has continued to do so at Leicester and I dare say, given the chance, will do with England.

rock bus
You need a bit of arrogance to become the best so I dont really care

what he is like on a night out
. Did his talking on the pitch with us,
👍

Maddison didn’t ask for the loan, he initially rejected going to Aberdeen.

This is the issue that he had with Alex Neil. Eventually the manager won out and James went to Scotland, only to then complain again in January and refuse to extend his loan.

That is why some people had question marks about his attitude. Managers get wary when they hear of young players refusing to do what their manager asks of them. Ultimately James was vindicated as Neil was sacked, but it wasn’t a good look for him.

Webber spoke about how getting the £20m plus bid for him required quite a bit of PR work - this was Norwich using the media to show how Maddison’s had a great attitude and wasn’t the problem child he had been.

It is okay to arrogant, players need that side to them, but some end up being disruptive with it.

Another one for the ''Alex Neil is an idiot'' scrapbook.

If he''d have realised his talent he might not have felt the need to spend £8m on Pritchard and instead actually invested in the bloody defence.

[quote user="king canary"]Another one for the ''Alex Neil is an idiot'' scrapbook.

If he''d have realised his talent he might not have felt the need to spend £8m on Pritchard and instead actually invested in the bloody defence.[/quote]

Current bottom 3 - Huddersfield (Pritchard) Newcastle (Jacob) Cardiff (Josh)