Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Today will tell us a lot.

Stoke are the kind of side, playing the brand of football we traditionally struggle with. It is a day of foul weather which will suit them more than us and they have the kind of seasoned players who will look to do a job on our youngsters.

If Norwich draw this game it will be a decent result but if we can beat them then our play-off credentials will suddenly become realistic. This is the day Norwich City can really arrive on the scene.

I have only seen highlights and Lewis looks top quality. But Cantwell looks really intriguing. He has been a goal catalyst but more so he passes and moves better than any Norwich midfielder I can bring to mind. He does this on the run so finds space and this is impossible to defend against. I am genuinely excited about the fluid play of this young man, if brought on well he could be a top player. Stoke will target him today.

This is going to be an interesting afternoon.

Not quite there evidently, however much we can say luck was not with us that is what happens against these kind of teams. No shame in the result, I think it’s a good indicator we have come a long way and don’t have too much further to go. Stoke and WBA have by far the best squads in this league, which will show up in league position soon enough. IMO Leeds, Forest, Swansea, Sheff U and Borough aretoo inconsistent to trouble the auto spots, I think our position relative to these teams will be the measuring stick for our success this season.

Well it told us a lot about the great spirit at our club and that was good to hear. Carrow Road is a great place to be this season and today did nothing to change that.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well it told us a lot about the great spirit at our club and that was good to hear. Carrow Road is a great place to be this season and today did nothing to change that.[/quote]
Couldn''t agree more Nutty.
It''s not often you hear " On The Ball City " ringing round the ground after a home defeat. It was clear that the crowd appreciated that City had given their all and were unfortunate not to have got something out of the game.

It shows today that we are comfortable in passing around ourselves confident in attacking and defending, but missing that killer ball to open tightly organised teams up. We''re probably 1 or 2 players away from being a class side in this league. And team spirit is very high and farke although maybe not a great tactical changes is a fantastic man manager he made sure he congratulated every player and put an arm round for support and acknowledgement of their hard work today.

We played some nice football and were the better side. The OG was very unfortunate. We struggle when we fall behind though and there are not too many goals in the side. The youngsters are coming on leaps and bounds, Cantwell for the first time for me looked very good indeed and Zimmerman was immense. Still a top half rather than a top 6 side for me though, but that''s not bad. We lack a big battering ram type striker to allow us to go direct

“It''s not often you hear " On The Ball City " ringing round the ground after a home defeat. It was clear that the crowd appreciated that City had given their all and were unfortunate not to have got something out of the game.”

Good to hear, seems like we’ve been a bit unlucky with two decisive goals against in successive games. It happens, onwards and upwards👍

Stoke did indeed do a job but with a huge slice of luck. 0-0 would have been a fair result because we couldn''t convert pressure to goals.

As Farke said earlier the margins are slim in this league and we could easily have 3 more points in these last 2 games.

Clearly, the crowd are back onside. Credit to them for the applause at the end.

We have a young team. Consistency will be tough to achieve but the support will help at great deal.