Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

No goals no top six

All this talk of top six is delusional, we are absolutely powder puff in attack. Think Pukki has peaked already, can''t see him bagging more than 15 goals this season.

lol.

Did think Pukki looked knackered from the start though.

Unusually languid. And no, I don''t mean he speaks Finnish.

Talk about stating the obvious. Stoke starting to work out the division I think. Them and WBA have by far the best squads in the division, so not surprised they nicked it off us today. Another tough ask at Notts Forest to come, but then we’ll we up and running again.

I havn’t seen anything from Leeds, Borough, Sheff U or Swansea that suggests they have the consistency to trouble to two automatic playoff spots. We have every chance to be in that mix, especially as we bring more attacking midfield players back from injury.

He''s right up to a point, but none us need to be told that.

Goals do seem to have become a precious commodity suddenly, whereas it looked as if they might be in plentiful supply at the beginning of the campaign.

The fact that we are now just averaging one goal a game has rightfully been overlooked in view of our splendid run of results. Today, however, brought this failing to the fore.

It might just be a co-incidence but we do seem to have dried up a bit since Jordan Rhodes was first benched. We were unlucky today though, with the run of the ball unkind.

The binner only has temporary relief. We seem destined to trouble the top six for the season.

Two games today dominated by the home sides who were unfortunate to come out of them with nothing.

It happens.

Well no goals means at best we can hope to draw the next 34 games 0-0 which would keep us up but no where near top six, so congratulations Keith for your expertise in stating the bleeding obvious.

We had more shots on target than Stoke so they must also be "powder puff" up front. In the end the game was won by an unfortunate own goal, that is just football for you. The fact that the team were roundly applauded after the game speaks volumes............

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]We had more shots on target than Stoke so they must also be "powder puff" up front. In the end the game was won by an unfortunate own goal, that is just football for you. The fact that the team were roundly applauded after the game speaks volumes............[/quote]

We have been getting the rub of the green on our unbeaten run and as its always a 1 goal difference for us we were bound to lose one sooner rather than later.. didn''t believe the hype after winning four on the trot not too arsed about losing this one.

There’s no doubt our wins (except boro) so far have been against the weaker teams in the league. Against the better teams we struggle.

Our level is around 10th - 14th.

Yesterday’s performance was very reminiscent of a Norwich City home performance last season. It was toothless, and Farke should have freshened the starting 11.

I like the idea of a consistent side. Farke tinkered too much last year, but you have to rotate one or two players fairly regularly to keep things fresh. Still like to see more of Godfrey.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]We had more shots on target than Stoke so they must also be "powder puff" up front. In the end the game was won by an unfortunate own goal, that is just football for you. The fact that the team were roundly applauded after the game speaks volumes............[/quote]
After watching the Derby game, to me it was clear we have transformed into a team that plays fast and skilful football that teams struggle to live with.  Derby matched us and just about deserved their draw, but Stoke didn''t even try.  They simply couldn''t live with the way we play football nowadays and that is why the perfomance was so appreciated.   We lost, it happens, the own goal stuffed us as it gave Stoke the incentive to just batten down the hatches even more. 
Unlucky, but it''s going to be a great season for watching us play football in prospect if we can keep way of playing going.  No wonder the crowd appreciated it - we are a proper football team.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]...Farke should have freshened the starting 11
...you have to rotate one or two players fairly regularly to keep things fresh.[/quote]if Farke had changed the starting eleven and we still lost, you would have said "He shouldn''t have changed a winning team".
#Readingbetweenthewhines...

Its all been pretty good for Norwich & Farke of late. Both in terms of results and the football being played.

I wonder if threads like these are the last stand of those who can''t swallow their pride and admit they may have got it wrong with their negativity of late.

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]So Stoke must also be toothless given they had less shots on goal, lets shots overall and the winning goal was not scored by them......[/quote]

I suppose it looks worse when you have so much possession in the attacking third, but don’t create much from it.

Stoke rarely had any sustained pressure in our half. Had they done, I suspect Afobe might have made them look a bit more clinical.

Stoke played for a draw, whilst looking to exploit any counter attacks or set pieces presented.

We had a lot of games like that last season.

Using your crystal ball again to back up your negative views Lincoln? ‘If’ things had been different, then we would have seen how bad you think we really are...

At least the bunch of wasters are all confined to one moaning thread. Can we keep it this way throughout the season?

[quote user="lake district canary"]
After watching the Derby game, to me it was clear we have transformed into a team that plays fast and skilful football that teams struggle to live with.  Derby matched us and just about deserved their draw, but Stoke didn''t even try.  They simply couldn''t live with the way we play football nowadays and that is why the perfomance was so appreciated.   We lost, it happens, the own goal stuffed us as it gave Stoke the incentive to just batten down the hatches even more. 
Unlucky, but it''s going to be a great season for watching us play football in prospect if we can keep way of playing going.  No wonder the crowd appreciated it - we are a proper football team.
[/quote]
But where are the goals?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Using your crystal ball again to back up your negative views Lincoln? ‘If’ things had been different, then we would have seen how bad you think we really are...[/quote]

Benick Afobe is a proven championship striker. I think it’s reasonable to assume that had he been in yellow yesterday, he’d probably have scored.

Our style of play makes us now a difficult side to beat but we have very few players with an eye for goal and we do not get the ball in the box often enough. Work in progress but still very much mid table for me