Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Villa sack Steve Bruce

Not even half a season after a paly-off final.

Exhibit 1056 for the ''Norwich fans actually not as fickle as people claim'' case.

It''s a sprout time and all
they should go for McLaren
............ the cauli with the brolly

[quote user="Mike "]Huge club with massive expectations...really tough job.[/quote]
Yes. Having billionaire owners (plural) makes it so much harder.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[quote user="Mike "]Huge club with massive expectations...really tough job.[/quote]
[/quote]
The right owner. Who can manage the money correctly seems important as well. Rich crap owners don''t cut it on their own.

[quote user="shaunieboy77"]Had they scored that penalty and been in the top 6 because of it , he probably would still be in charge.[/quote]
Been coming for a while though. Fan base don''t like him or his football, and they were stuck in midtable.
They''ve beaten Rotherham, Hull and Wigan, and got too many draws, especially against the likes of Ipswich, Reading, Preston and Blackburn and they lost to Sheff United and Sheff Wed.
When you consider who they''ve got left to play, and that we''re ahead of them having played the current top four, their position was arguably looking better than it really was.

[quote user="KiwiScot"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]
[/quote]
The right owner. Who can manage the money correctly seems important as well. Rich crap owners don''t cut it on their own.
[/quote]
Yes, of  course the money needs to be spent wisely, but Aston Villa have attracted a succession of extremely rich owners precisely because they are a famous club with supposedly big potential.And that money does two things - it gives a good manager more chance of being successful than the equally gifted manager of a pauper club, and it provides a safety net for a bad manager. The 200 million pounds Lerner spent at Villa actually helped keep them in the Premier League despite a poor choice of managers.The idea that having that money makes the Villa job hard doesn''t stand up. The really hard jobs in the Championship involve ensuring that the have-not clubs stay above water.

I agree money makes the job easier, however it also seems to make the average duration in the job shorter.

I hlive amongst binner country, and a source here says the ipsh*te capt has been to the owner to say the current boss has lost the dressing room, they wont play for him etc - and apparently Steve Bruce is in Suffolk for prelim talks this weekend.

Bruce would have to be pretty desperate to joint that crowd. He''s been used to having money to spend and if Mick M couldn''t price any loose what makes Steve B think he could?

IMO he''ll wait and see if Newcastle, Cardiff or Stoke get fed up with their results and need a savior.

"I hlive amongst binner country, and a source here says the ipsh*te capt has been to the owner to say the current boss has lost the dressing room, they wont play for him etc - and apparently Steve Bruce is in Suffolk for prelim talks this weekend.”

The preliminary talks:

Bruce: “I want this much salary, and this much to spend on players”

Evans: “No”

Bruce: “Bye”

To be fair on Bruce, Villa appears to be a poison challis regardless who takes control, shitty fans, a club living on past glory, sounds familiar....

Both Lambert and Bruce are good managers and I think would do a great job here, but I’m more than happy with a Farke, was from the first few months.

I’d love to see scummy villa decline along with the binners into the third division.

This is harsh. Perhaps performances had been marginally below par but they’re only a game or two off a promotion spot. Changing their manager won’t help them. Bruce is competent at this level. The issue is under performing players and fans with stratospheric expectations. The manager is an easy scapegoat for club executives set on moving the furniture around to show themselves as competent and in control. Maybe Bruce just fell out with the leadership, who knows. Either way it is Villas loss. From the outside it looks like a weak panicky decision made for political reasons. More fool them.

They have appointed Dean Smith, the Brentford manager alongside John Terry as assistant. I don''t know much about him,but pulled this snippet from wikipedia, a very realiable source of information.
"Brentford finished the 2017–18

season in ninth-place and were "widely regarded as the Championship''s

entertainers" after Smith built an attracting passing style of play on a

shoestring budget"

Smith is very much a ‘head coach’ currently and has even less say over transfers at Brentford than Farke does at Norwich.

There is talk that Villa will get a Director of Football in, which is pretty much vital if they have Smith in charge. Seems backwards to get the Head Coach and then the Director of Football to me, but Villa being a little backwards in the way they are run is part of the course.

How him and Terry will get on is an interesting one, any sign of struggle from Smith will see speculation that Terry will be poised to take over.

Brentford have punched well above their weight for years now in the Championship, but that doesn’t seem related to their Head Coaches, but more the men doing the transfers.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Smith is very much a ‘head coach’ currently and has even less say over transfers at Brentford than Farke does at Norwich.

There is talk that Villa will get a Director of Football in, which is pretty much vital if they have Smith in charge. Seems backwards to get the Head Coach and then the Director of Football to me, but Villa being a little backwards in the way they are run is part of the course.

How him and Terry will get on is an interesting one, any sign of struggle from Smith will see speculation that Terry will be poised to take over.

Brentford have punched well above their weight for years now in the Championship, but that doesn’t seem related to their Head Coaches, but more the men doing the transfers.[/quote]

Villa appointed Jesus Garcia Pitarch as sporting director (who I''d never heard of).

Previously was Steve Round, but seemed to make little difference to their philosophy.

According to the BBC

"Villa had to identify other candidates to replace Bruce after their initial choices; Thierry Henry, Brendan Rodgers and former Manchester United assistant Rui Faria all ruled themselves out of contention."