Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

If we beat Plymouth

What effect would it have on these boards? Would all the moaning cease? Would most people still be calling for Worthy''s head or would he be given a chance?

For me, it would be nice just to celebrate winning. Then just hope its not a fluke.

What would you be thinking?

[quote]What effect would it have on these boards? Would all the moaning cease? Would most people still be calling for Worthy''s head or would he be given a chance? For me, it would be nice just to celebrate...[/quote]

"At last"

"Thank god"

"One game at a time, younowwhatimean" 

"EIEIEIO Up the football league we go"

OTBC

I guarantee that people will still moan even if we manage to beat Plymouth 6-0, probably for reasons such as:

a). it was Flemings fault that we didn''t score a 7th
b). what the hell was Worthy thinking when he replaced Ashton with Doherty after 70 minutes even though we were winning 5-0 at the time and Ashton looked like he needed a rest
c). just who do those fans who left after 87 minutes think they are? Not loyal supporters that''s for sure
d). is Jarrett the worst signing ever despite the fact that he set-up 4 of the goals?
e). why isn''t the rest of the ground as noisy as the Snake Pit/Barclay Lower?
f). what was going on with the halftime pies? Curried Vegetable? You''re having a laugh. Delia sort it out

Happy, happy, happy!Thanks for cheering me up guys, I''m off to pull some pints & cheer up a few more lost souls.Northern, Zipper & Islington, you all post sense (even when I disagree with it), see the bad, say the bad, but remember the good too and keep your SOH.

[quote]I guarantee that people will still moan even if we manage to beat Plymouth 6-0, probably for reasons such as: a). it was Flemings fault that we didn''t score a 7th b). what the hell was Worthy thinkin...[/quote]

haha, brilliant!

i wouldnt be supprised if there is a supprising sudden change of mood on here at all, me personally i wont be convinced by just one game, but its a start.... and a win is a win so id be happy enough with that

Not so much if we beat Plymouth but when we beat them!! We''re on the tele so lets have goals,goals, goals. I said before the season i wouldn''t be happy til we thumped someone 6.0 as payback for Fulham. This is the one folks, so get behind the team & ''lets be avin you''.

[quote]What effect would it have on these boards? Would all the moaning cease? Would most people still be calling for Worthy''s head or would he be given a chance? For me, it would be nice just to celebrate...[/quote]

I keep reading that no one should be ''moaning'' after only six games. Now it seems a single win, at home, against one of the weakest sides in the League should be sufficient to convince everyone that its all OK - yeah right.

Frankly the whole notion of ''giving him a chance'' is a bit ludicrous. He''s been in the job for four and half years, I would have thought that sufficient time to evaluate his performance. It seems to me there are basically three ways at looking at this:

1. He''s a good manager who has done well but is going through a bad patch, given time he''ll come good.

2. He''s done well in the past but he''s taken the club as far as he can.

3. He''s never been much good but got lucky with a few signings and did OK for a while, but has now been found out.

If I had a newspaper column to fill I''m sure I could argue the case in favour of any one of those propositions but IMO the real explanation is number 3. 

[quote]I keep reading that no one should be ''moaning'' after only six games. Now it seems a single win, at home, against one of the weakest sides in the League should be sufficient to convince everyone that i...[/quote]

Yup, all three scenarios can be argued for but Worthy had improved us from the previous management so has brought a lot to the club. 

My preference is for option 2, then 3.

OTBC

[quote]I''ve been backing my arguments against Worthington on the last seasons performances as well as this. A win is a win but I want to see a change in performance over a long period of time.[/quote]

I almost agree with Rasputin here.

And while of course I''d be over the moon that City had finally won a game, it would still be ''one swallow does not a summer make'' with me.

Worthy would have to get us promoted this season, before I would even begin to think that he might be okay!.

And I''d still have my doubts even if he did manage the impossible!.

[quote]I guarantee that people will still moan even if we manage to beat Plymouth 6-0, probably for reasons such as: a). it was Flemings fault that we didn''t score a 7th b). what the hell was Worthy thinkin...[/quote]

you''re too right

a win is a win,but for me it will be the manner in which we achieve that win.if we play c**p and it hits ashtons a**e and goes in off the post in the 89th min then a fluky three points are in the bag.if however,we totally destroy them,create plenty and score a few maybe,i will feel much happier.lets face it,we should really be hurting teams such as them at home.the key will be consistency and carrying a good performance over to the next game.