Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Charlie Crickmore

Sad news indeed. Loved it when he played. Blessed in them there days with Charlie and Kenny. Will spend the rest of the day feeling old.....

Remember a young Mick Mills getting the run around from Charlie so he kicked Charlie until he was carried off.

Would have played more but he and Duncan Forbes used to swap. Charlie played at home and Dunc away.

Always had a soft spot for Charlie ever since I first watched him play for Bournemouth whilst on a holiday down there when I was a youngster - couldn''t help having a little smile when we signed him.

Plenty of pace even if his ball control wasn''t the best ......but I still remember him scoring a cracker at the River End in a 5-1 win over Blackpool(I think)

A good direct winger. I too remember him so terrorising Mick Mills on his City debut that he kicked him into the City Stand & the South Stand. Was carried off twice but came back on the first time. Still colours my views of Mr Mills. He was also a really friendly bloke who had time to talk to supporters. Remember Charlie coming over to our minibus at several away games after the match, wishing us a safe trip home & thanking us for coming. A different era.