Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

£36 for Sheff Wednesday

Expensive day. How much are the pies?

You can probably get a game of golf, on a decent course, as a visitor for that and have money for a pint afterwards.

I note that the binners are offering seats for a tenner against QPR (think so at least.) Ref: dilpidated stadium, below average team and dump of a town.

Some of them are therefore expecting a "bumper" gate of 20, 000 as a result what with the winning run they are now on??

The more realistic suggest 16, 000 max.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]The Binners offer is any season ticket holder can buy up to four extra tickets for a tenner each.[/quote]
Blimey, if every ST holder took up the offer they could almost hit the attendance they get when we turn up
And I wonder when they last had a full house at a League game since they''ve been in the Championship (excluding us)

[quote user="McCanary"]Surely they are taking the juice.

Dilapidated stadium, average team. Dump of a city.

How on earth can they get away with charging this much[/quote] Look on the bright side - their tampons are free. [<:o)]

[quote user="McCanary"]Surely they are taking the juice.

Dilapidated stadium, average team. Dump of a city.

How on earth can they get away with charging this much[/quote]

Dump of a City? Hardly, Sheffield has some great places and facilities. The gateway to a national park to boot, far from a dump as you put it.

And as for a dilapidated stadium, I really enjoy visiting Hillsborough. Proper old school ground with plenty of history (good and bad) and atmosphere impossible to create in new build stadia.

I agree the ticket price is expensive. But that''s nothing new.

I always enjoy a trip to Hilsborough, my OH is local to S Yorks so always a bit of family banter with some of her relatives who follow the Sheffield teams.

Was enjoyable when we scored 5 there when Nielsen was playing. Less fun a couple of years back when we couldn''t defend for toffee under Alex Neil and they just kept on scoring. Particularly the Ruddy blooper. I still feel the pain. But that''s watching City for you - character forming.