Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Online petition

Not a petition to get Nigel out, but somewhere all fans can put a view.. especially after Roger Munby said "the fans are behind Nigel"   well lets find out if they are...

Ok everyone has there own say what they think , But why cant we all at least get behind NCFC in this hard time . Its still early days and Worthy has been one of our better managers in our history , give the guy a break , Give him 3 more games and i am sure most off us will forget about our bad start to the season . You wont need your polls anyway if we dont win any of our next 3 games as i am sure Worthy will walk anyway . When we beat The scummers all will be forgiven and you all will love him ( AGAIN )

On the ball city...

Mine too right now. And he did at the end of the 2002/2003 season when the boo boys thought we should get rid of him (I remember the canary call after the Wolves game, made me ashamed to be a Norwich fan)

Sounds more like a survey to me?

Haven''t these been done to death.

IMO I agree with those who say we should simply get behind the team right now. In my view, lack of confidence is the main problem and we, the fans, are affected by this as much as anyone else.

Imagine 2 scenarios at the Plymouth game...

1. We get behind the team and create a party/festival atmosphere as we have when things were going well.

2. We moan, grumble and boo particularly if, God forbid, we struggle to score or go behind.

Which will help the team more? Which would the Plymouth players prefer?

Unfortunately, I know which is more likely. I am not questioning anyone''s support or saying whether or not Worthington should go. I am just thinking about what we can do in practice to help win the Plymouth game.

He has my support.

I''m staggered at the hysterical reaction to the poor start to the season.

I pity clubs who create turmoil by sacking thier managers in response to fickle fans with short memories, no bottle & no patience. Listen to the views on this MB & any outsider would pity us!!

This is a wake up call to all those going around thinking this was going to be easy!

Stop whinging & create an atmosphere where our players can feel confident to try things, not an atmosphere where they daren''t incase of getting boo''d or heckled!!

As if its gonna work! Theres no point. The club are fully behind Worthy. So if hes not going to go anywhere then the best we can do is get behind the club (including worthy) and give the best support we can

looks like i just might have posted it in the wrong thread.

In answer to this thread, i am fully behind the manager. I agree that there could be a better manager and Worthy has a lot to answer for. But hes not going to go so i will just back him as best i can.

Same reply really

I wonder if this skulk of malcontents will be trumpeting the results of their online petition if it shows that the vast majority have a bit more guts and are prepared to see it through.

Still waiting for a few of these armchair revolutionaries to get off their backsides and organise a protest at Carrow Road.

Time''s running out - most schools start back next week.

[quote]I wonder if this skulk of malcontents will be trumpeting the results of their online petition if it shows that the vast majority have a bit more guts and are prepared to see it through. Still waiting...[/quote]

A radio poll this week had a result of 54% supporting worthys dismissal...

It does not make it right or representative but that was the result.

OTBC 

yes maddame I will be..  can you enlighten why the need for abuse...  some believe things are wrong other believe that they are right ... simply a vote to see what... like the election you have the right not too.. but a few have....

kennyfoggo - I agree with you about not liking the abuse on discussion boards. One reason why I lurked for a long time before speaking.

I think almost everyone agrees something is wrong. 3 points out of six games is hardly alright. I think the difference is what should be done about it.

For me the focus is winning the Plymouth game and what we as fans can do to make that more likely. Currently, I think we are locked in a lack of confidence circle that feeds from the players to the fans and back. Of course a brilliant performance from the players could break it (like the fight back against Boro or beating Man U) but I think we could also help by really getting behind them v Plymouth. Debate here is fine but in the ground I hope we help the team and not the opposition!

" yes maddame I will be.. can you enlighten why the need for abuse "

malcontents is hardly abuse, neither is armchair revolutionaires - merely observations that, I would suggest, areretty accurate ones as well given the low level of activity being carried on behalf of those who object to the club honouring it''s contracts

No storming of the Winter Palace or pulling down of the Bastaille for these latter day rebels. No marching on Carrow Road to drag off the directors in tumbrels either. What''s being done is something that is guaranteed to strike fear into the very heart of the club. They''re are holding an online petition.

I suspect Worthy''s hair will turn white with fear when he hears the news.

first words of the original post  ...Not a petition to get Nigel out.. perhaps  on hindsight a survey may have been a better word..but then again someone who object to that...

what would be the sense in that, who want to storm the fortress carrow... I for one don''t .. Having seen the demostrations of years past,  I wouldn''t want to see those scenes again.

It is simply done being done to guage the views of those who want to..  You are free not to, just as some are free to..

MadDan, calling other people stupid and offering nothing but sarcasm are traits you are displaying very well to date. Do you have anything constructive to offer on what you think Worthy needs to do to hold on to his job?

[quote]For now he has my support but should this sort of form continue for the next few months it will be time to move on.[/quote]

im with you on this,

hes done well before, so he can do it again, he deserves a chance to prove it, but we cant leave it too late or we will be in a deep relegation battle!

He Has To Go.

Sorry, but how many chances do you give him?.

Mad Dan: Just grow up!. This is a brilliant thread, its not a ''get him out'' poll, it a gauge for fans feelings, no more.

[quote]Not a petition to get Nigel out, but somewhere all fans can put a view.. especially after Roger Munby said "the fans are behind Nigel" well lets find out if they are...[/quote]

Time to get things into perspective I''d say.

The league leaders currently have 15 pts whilst 6th position is occupied by Wolves on 11 pts -- We''re a mere 8 pts adrift of the play-off places with a massive 120 pts to play for.

There''s very few managers out there that would accept Norwich''s wages & conditions who could do a better job than Worthington, in fact, if the players don''t start putting in performances that they''re capable of, Norwich maybe hard pushed to keep Worthington''s services & he''d probably be pleased to go.  

ime still in worthys camp never not been.but the one thing that i wish he could see some sence on is the why play fleming debate which has been going on on here for ages. he looks clearly a yard short of what he used to be not to mention the balls he fails to clear with his head due to his height shortage.he has to forget the old pals act and drop him.sorry flem but old fathertime has caught up with you time to stand aside.   

Yes he has my support - cannot blame him for everything - the chance Ashton missed against Crewe a prime example - the players must take their fair share of blame and get these right and I think we will be ok.

"There''s very few managers out there that would accept Norwich''s wages & conditions who could do a better job than Worthington, in fact, if the players don''t start putting in performances that they''re capable of, Norwich maybe hard pushed to keep Worthington''s services & he''d probably be pleased to go. " 

How much do you think he is on then? Last year it was £480,000 - see the accounts.

On top of that we are a Club that has some money, parachute payments, and a massive income from the large season ticket base.  Add to that the money both in fees and saved wages on the outgoing transfers this year and I would say that we were a very attractive proposition - however, if we keep up the current poor performances it will become harder and harder to attract any one of any merit.

Honestly what good would a petition do.  you can sky write it, send in a million letters.. the board will act if and when they see fit..

This same topic has caused some interesting discussions on other forums....shame a few more haven''t polled their views ..but never mind..