Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Russ Martin goes to Walsall

I''m pleased about this and it could even be the first step on his way back to Carrow Road in a coaching role or more.

Seconded Gents, or strictly speaking should that be ''Thirded''?

Glad he''s found somewhere to continue his career - I would think he will be pleased with a first role like this - good luck to him - top bloke and pro.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]I remember winning there in League 1, the pitch was more mud than grass, was it a winner by Cody Mac ?

Happy days ![/quote]
It was a midweek game and we won 2-1 with Cody coming on as a sub and notching the winner after being a goal behind. The original fixture on a Saturday was called off due to a frozen pitch about an hour before KO.
Back on topic i wish Russ every success for the future.A great ambassador for our Club and just maybe one day he will be back.

Wish him the very best

The only game I have seen there was the first game of the season, back in the early 90s and it finished Walsall 2 Torquay 2 and I was in the away fans (long story!)

Aye, Remember that one well Tilly. Braved the snow, all kinds of bother getting there and then it got called off literally as we drove past the stadium looking for a car park. What a day that was. Managed to get there for the rearranged fixture. I seem to remember it being 2 very late goals too. Did Cody get both of them?

Was that the one where Deeney was banging on about us wanting the original game postponed because we didn''t fancy it against them?

Still, how the mighty have fallen... oh...

How will his family cope living in Poland though!