Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Grabban going to be major problem

Lewis Grabban is on form at the movement ,going to be desperate to score against us ,going to be a tough match .this league is so close this season two defeats and you can drop down several places .

Been playing really well apart from taking our chances ,hope we can keep up our form and this defeat to stoke is not the start of a poor run .

Grabban is crap. My forest supporting mate went to the game a week or two ago when grabban scored an 86th minute len in a 1-0 and said he''d been so crap alm game he fully expected him to miss it. If we''re scared of Lewis Grabban then we have real problems.

Who cares about Grabban??  Currently on the around the same goals as a whole bunch of other championship players including our own Teemu Pukki.  Grabban is just another player, no better than many others.

He''s a proven goalscorer at this level and has 5 goals in his last 5 league games.

To suggest we shouldn''t care about the next oppostions top scorer is an odd stance to take.

Because of our much needed improvement in the way we play which was most certainly required after the turgid stuff dished up last season unfortunately it has developed an air of invincible arrogance with certain elements of our support kc.

You can be sure that Farke and his team will be doing their usual due dilligence, eh Til? I very much doubt complacency/arrogance will slip into their way of thinking.

Good player with a decent goal scoring record and more than capable of playing the lone striker role in the right system. But he''s not the only one in this league.

I don''t think anyone has claimed he is the only good striker in the league.

However the OP is correct- he''s in form and I imagine he''s going to be fired up. He''s got good movement and can pull defenders about, which might cause Zimmerman problems as he isn''t the most mobile.

Speaking to mates who watch Forest about him sounds very familiar. He has strengths and will get goals at this level. But he can be really frustrating and miss what looks like an easy chance then sometimes put away a harder one.

I''m not sure he''ll be especially fired up against City - there was a bit of stuff with him going back to Bournemouth but was it that bad ?

Most teams towards the top have a striker as good as him IMO and I think Pukki & Rhodes should worry Forest just as much.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Good grief, shall we just give them the points now ?[/quote]
Is anybody actually suggesting that FF ? This is what Lakey posted in response to the OP.....Who cares about Grabban??
I call that flippant and dismissive when the thread is about Grabban and not Forest as a team.

Yes, mentioning the next opponents top scorer might cause us some issues is clearly negative, defeatist nonsense that has no place on this forum!

Fucks sake...

Given the extreme nature of the headline of this op I think my responses have been appropriate. He is no more "major" than any other decent forward in this division.  He has scored five, and there are 12 other strikers in this league who have scored 5 or more, and 10 who are on four.  Hardly a "major" issue.

“Is anybody actually suggesting that FF ? This is what Lakey posted in response to the OP.....Who cares about Grabban??

I call that flippant and dismissive when the thread is about Grabban and not Forest as a team”

You’re saying there’s an air of invincible arrogance because we’ve been on a good run. How about posting something positive for once instead of desperately looking for something negative?

@LDC

How many have got 5 in their last 5 though? I don''t think the OP is particularly extreme- we''re going to be focused on Grabban simply because he plays for the team up next. Neil Maupey would also be a major problem but we''re not playing them until the end of the month.

Also, how about addressing why you don''t think he''ll be an issue- his finishing, his first touch, the way we set up our defence?

[quote user="king canary"]I think ''who cares about Grabban'' sounds quite a bit like you don''t think he''s an issue to discuss...[/quote]
It was a reaction against the headline, that''s all.  If anyone thinks he''s a "major problem" then fine, but I don''t and from what I''ve seen and heard of him, he doesn''t deserve any more special attention than any other striker we might face and why the need for a whole thread about him, I don''t know.  but then discussing him is fine, just don''t think putting "major problem" and making him sound something special is right. He isn''t.  He might score against us, he might not, but he''s not special.

What we''re all missing is that the game isn''t for another 2 weeks and anything could happen in that amount of time.
Grabban could pick up an injury... one of our defenders may be out... another crucial player could be out. Who knows? We can''t really make any predictions about what might happen... This is the crazy world of football after all!

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“Is anybody actually suggesting that FF ? This is what Lakey posted in response to the OP.....Who cares about Grabban??

I call that flippant and dismissive when the thread is about Grabban and not Forest as a team”

You’re saying there’s an air of invincible arrogance because we’ve been on a good run. How about posting something positive for once instead of desperately looking for something negative?[/quote]
Being a bit selective there FF as i did say on the first page that there had been had been a much needed improvement in our performances but then again probably missed that in yet another attempt to play the poster. [;)]
If you wish to agree with Lakey and be flippant and dismissive of the merits of Grabban that is your opinion and i sincerely hope he does not score in a couple of weeks time not only for the game''s sake but for Lakey and possibly yourself.

I actually don''t care if it is Grabban or any other Forest player that scores against us, if indeed they do manage to get the ball off of us long enough to do something with it.  It is the singling out of a player we know all about that seems a little strange to me.  Forest as a team will be difficult to play against, but Grabban himself is not Forest, he is just another half decent striker like many others in this league, he will score a few this season, but as we know and as Forest fans know, he will miss plenty as well.

Til, I haven’t been dismissive at all, I just don’t see why people are getting all wound up about Grabban. Forest will have plenty of concerns about us too

Grabban is decent enough at this level and is in a decent run. However, had someone posed a similar question about Benin Afobe, I think I’d have been more concerned about him but we dealt with him fairly well.

Ultimately, every team we play has forwards, they’re all there to score goals and that’s why we play defenders. Grabban is just another one and with a bit of luck he’ll have a meltdown, punch Klose and jump on a train to Bournemouth.

Bluddy ''ell!
It would bother me if Forest score but no more if it was Grabban than anyone else. It''s not like he only just left or anything. He''s played against us on three previous occasions. For Reading when we beat them 7-1, for Sunderland where he scored 2 plus an own goal, and for Villa when we beat them 3-1. I don''t remember any threads worrying about him playing in those games. I''ll always love him for scoring against the binners so have no ill will towards him.
As for his scoring record making him better than any of our strikers. I don''t accept that either. Our own Teemu Pukki has played an amazing 70 games for club and country last season and this and has scored 30 times. Now he''d be worth a thread....

This forum in a microcosm.

OP makes a reasonable point, worthy of debate. Grabban is in form and his mobility may cause problems for Zimmermann for Klose who aren''t the most mobile partnership.

On the other hand, will he be more motivated to score against us? He already scored twice (three times if you count his OG) at Carrow Road since he left. Will the fans boo him?

However rather than addressing those issues we get posts of ''who cares'', ''might as well give them the points already'' and ''why aren''t we talking about Teemu Pukki instead.''

Joys.