Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Time to give Nelson another go?

Pukki looking a bit knackered last couple of games - time to shake it up a bit and play Rhodes from the start and perhaps give Nelson another try - many more chances being created this season - i know there are many haters but reckon it’s worth a shot

I wouldn''t be adverse to bringing him back in from the cold, I think we all know he has the talent. Start him on the bench for a few games and see what happens.

No way. We have the most together squad since Lambert. All the players getting on well and pulling in the same direction. Why bring in a prima donna with an attitude to upset the apple cart? His biggest enemy is himself. Hes not as good as he thinks he is. He had all last season to prove his worth. All he proved was he cant cut it.

We’ve scored 10 league goals in the last 10 games - i know we have played some decent stuff but too many chances going begging - we will need to score more if we want a top 6 finish

Did think that during the game someone prepared to shoot more often would be useful. How he’d fit in is another question.

I don’t think he’d be an issue with the other players - he remains popular with most in the squad and continues to train with them.

He had pretty much all of last season to prove himself - he proved he doesn''t suit this style of football - different style, different championship club he could do well but not with City

I''d be more inclined to give Micky Nelson a run in the side before Nelson Oliveira.
Pukki, Rhodes and Srbeny all ahead of him and I expect it will stay as such until he can demonstrate a prolonged change of attitude.

No chance for Nelson he is only 4 choise striker at the moment.

Any way is scandalous to play evry 3 days same 11 last 5 games !Today we cry for changes after so heavy games and still Cantwell play full 90 min its unbelievable...

Cant win evry game with kids and no idea how Vrancic and Rhodes will be happy to stay evry game on bench on hectic schedule.

We finally have a team and you want to bring back Nelson lol.

Everything built will come tumbling down with his first tantrum.

First time for a long time the whole club are together as one and Nelson hasn''t been part of it.

Can''t see it.

Don''t think we should let the non-renewers back either...

🙃

It''s a shame but it''s not going to happen.

Nelson is one of the few players in our squad who is capable of producing something special - which is needed when teams are heavily defending like yesterday.

However Farke seems to have made up his mind and isn''t going to give him another chance.

Whether that is the correct decision will always be an unknown. The squad is performing well at the moment and - as others have mentioned - we have a real sense of togetherness at the moment.

Letting in Nelson would also mean that one of the other strikers - who haven''t fallen out with Farke - would miss out, which I guess would be sending out the wrong message.

I don''t liker the man and have long since wished him on his bike but he is still drawing a handsome wage and if his introduction yesterday might have broken the deadlock and retrieved a point, which is not far from the bounds of possibility, then the bottom line is that he should be re-introduced into the scheme of things.

His assumed inability to find a suitable club with acceptable terms to offer over the long Summer of his semi-retirement might even have been a wake up call for the man.

He has had plenty of time to contemplate his naval and his confidence and self-belief might even have taken a much needed dent. Not too much though because these are important attributes for performers such as he.

He will surely be well-rested and full of energy.

"I havn''t played for five years due to knackered knees. I must be awesome now. Pick me."

Yes, but NO is a, presumably fit, professional footballer who has represented his country and hasn''t played for just five months.

I cannot believe that I am sticking up for a man who''s effigy I have been sticking pins into for at least half of last season.

Perhaps the tired display yesterday has effected the deduction process.

That''s true, but I don''t see anybody rooting for Dennis as being the answer to the partial goal famine even though he has come on a lot and is clearly capable of having some good moments as well.

I thought Srbenny would have been a good sub option yesterday. We could have tried something different for the last 20 mins. Maybe him and Rhodes together. I''m

Seem to be quite a few links saying you can, Nutty, main one that came up:

https://nomobileads.com/

As for fatfinger block, I could do with that on my pc let alone phone. Modern technology is leaving my eyesight & diminishing dexterity behind at a rate of knots!