Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Minor dilemna tonight then.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Lapps and Ricardo have it right, how on earth anyone would want the scum to get points is beyond me.
[/quote]
The answser to that is another question - why would anyone want a promotion rival to get points?
[/quote]
The answer to promotion is entirely in our own hands Lakey and as far as Boro are concerned we took 3 points off them. You can do no more than beat your rivals which we did in their case.
I take it you want the Scum to beat every team around us then which would pull them up the table which i certainly do not want ?  Leave it us to get the points needed for promotion and not rely on others to do the job for us.

No, the answer to promotion is for us to get more points than our rivals. So any help that we can get limiting the points of those rivals is most welcome. Today that is Ipswich, so I wish them success as I will for all the games that have with our rivals.

OK thanks a million Ipswich. 0-2 already so now let''s hope you get really spanked...

....and there was some bright spark on TWTD predicting earlier than he really felt that the Binners were on for a 3-0 win tonight !!

....and there was some bright spark on TWTD predicting earlier than he really felt that the Binners were on for a 3-0 win tonight !!

I just had to look at TWTD as ''Er Indoors has Holby on the tellybox and was in need of some entertainment and thread after thread after thread has been started since kick off and every single one of them is pure joy to read.

Luckily for them, wee Alex''s Preston are doing equally badly so they won''t go back to the bottom tonight unless Middlesbrough score two more than Villa.

Its never to early in the season for wanting other teams to drop points. It helps us not have to win every 2nd game to keep pace.
Goal Preston!!! 
Alex Neil....In Villas face.

AN keeping things interesting then.
Having looked at the highlights in the Ipswich game, they genuinely don''t seem to know which game they''re meant to be playing.

"Preston have less points so Ipswich can''t go bottom"

Sorry misread the table, Preston would need to draw or win tonight to overtake Ipswich... can live in hope :-)

They gave it a go second half but only one shot on target. Never threatened a point.

Trap door looming.

With about 50 points needed to guarantee survival it''s getting to the stage where they will soon be in need of a win every two games to achieve this target.

A hammering at Swansea on Saturday might herald the end of agent Hurst unfortunately ... this outcome would seem to be their only chance such is his total uselessness. They would still need to recruit wisely and the new man would still have an uphill task.

Some Binners remain upbeat throughout. One dope posted yesterday that he, "Still had a sneaking suspicion that they would finish above Norwich." Delusion is clearly creeping in as a kind of blue-tinted defence mechanism.

Effectively that would need four straight wins for them and four straight losses for us. Fantasy thinking, especially considering the relative squad strengths whereby they really only have one frail youngster who might even get a look in at Norwich; and they do not do wins in any case.

Well! If we can''t gloat now we never can. The doom mongers will remind us that things can turn around quickly in football though, and they would be correct.

I wonder what February will reveal Surfer?

A cold east wind, some light snow and my birthday usually.... although I’m starting to wonder if that will be true for too much longer :-)

I looked up Ipswich’s upcoming fixtures. Swansea this weekend then QPR, Leeds, Millwall, Preston, Reading, West Brom If I remember correctly. - worst case for them 2 wins and 1 draw out of that lot?

Major dilemna tonight then.

Apparently they were battered by the Swans for the full ninety but the law of averages prevailed and Hurst got his win. That''s him safe for a while, goody, goody.

We nearly bettered rather than battered Stoke, but the law of the inevitable prevailed and DF is left thinking what might have been had he .........

Resurrecting this because as long as it can be done then things will continue to be looking good for City and bad for the binmen.

For tonight read Wednesday as the only change. Opinions will be similar also I suspect.

ITFC are away at Leeds for their midweek game. Who then would we prefer to pick up the three points?

Early days but it would be nice to see us continue to close the gap on the front runners, although beating a newly invigorated Villa must never be taken for granted despite our recent dominance over all and sundry.

The binners seem like a spent force already and the occasional win, in accord with the law of averages, won''t make much difference to the inevitable outcome of their season. They are seriously poor.

I''m inclined to want an away win then, but a bore draw wouldn''t go amiss.

Interestingly, the last game of the season at the Portaloo is against Leeds. If this debate is still alive then it could be seen as a healthy season for Farke''s boys, but I would hope that both issues are resolved by then with the binners firmly cemented in the relegation places and NCFC playing for the top spot.

Happy days.

Hic!

Still think it''s far too early to be wanting Ipswich to win because they are playing someone above us. I''m not sure Leeds will be able to stay the course anyway.

Villa are 14th and if they beat us tomorrow they will go above us. Lets just keep picking up points and see where it takes us. Later in the season, if we''re still up there with the games running out, I might feel differently but for now I hope Ipswich stay rooted to the bottom

Of course that''s very true HC but with things likely to continue to be very tight at the top end of the table (and at the bottom end too?) then every little point will be likely to count wherever we are in the season.

I share your view of Leeds, although they did prove at Carrow Road that they have a lot going for them.

It''s to the good that we have such matters to excite our interest though.

I think Leeds will put them to the sword, this season they are one of those teams that doesn''t mess about attacking-wise and Ipswich look like boys in a mens league.
Echoing other comments on the thread, at the moment I''m happy to see us playing well and picking up points. If we get to January and we''re still well in the mix, it''ll be then I''ll be looking for the league minnows to be helping us out; for now it''s just a nice bonus to see them lose time after time.