Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Minor dilemna tonight then.

Ipswich Town v Middlesboro.

Who do we want to win this one then?

Is it too premature to start to look for fellow top six teams to drop points?

Not really, our spell in the lofty heights of the division may or may not be short-lived, but if it''s the former then let''s enjoy it whilst we can for as long as we can.

Can we continue to relish in the Binmen''s atrocious, win-less start to the season whilst relying upon our own ability to compete with ''Boro?

Old habits die hard so I''m leaning towards preferring an away win and then reveling in another spell of schadenfreude (that worst of human traits) whilst poking my nose into TWTD.

Having said that, a freak home win could prolong agent Hurst''s disastrous management at the ''Loo.

Hmm! Difficult one. Would be nice to witness a hammering of sorts though and there''s only one team likely to score more than one goal.

It''s live on Sky so I might just fork out on Now TV or IFollow or save the dosh for a celebratory pint or two by testing Cricfree.

Better to live your own life and not live off hatred for and misery of Ipswich. Whatever is best for Norwich and let the binners clean their own mess. Ispwich to win.

Well, as it looks odds on for us to continue winning until the end of the season, then why not heap more misery on the Binners, but I like Robflecks scenario

Too early to be hoping for Ipswich to pick up points in our favour.

Boro have plenty of chances to drop points elsewhere.

Agree with KC. Far too many results for both us and Boro to come before we need to start worrying about results at the top of the league. Lets just keep ourselves there for as long as we can and see where it goes.

I''ll be rooting for a Ipswich loss all day long - just feels right!

It''s fixtures like this that help support the view that Championship football offers the most fun.

Admittedly our own interest will come mainly from the fact that we are now up there mixing it with the front runners and not floundering in mid-table assuring ourselves that change needs time.

Of course it will also be stimulated by the rivalry and our (most of us at least) pleasure in seeing ITFC fail.

I, personally, admit to getting quite involved with the teams, results and standings in this league nowadays. We have hardly had much time to notice all this in the recent past as a quick return to the top table has been our main concern.

Not a bad old league then, but I would still very much prefer City to be competing with the best, have regular Sky games (equaling out a bit in that respect with IFollow,) be on MotD, have extensive national press coverage, have the best teams and players at Carrow Road and be financially un-burdoned (if only temporarily, unless managed differently.)

The Chumps is pretty good, but it remains second best.

ITFC 0 ''Boro 4.

No way would I want any potential rival for a play off or promotion place to win any game at any time.  It seems obvious to me, but while I like the thought of Ipswich getting beaten, I like less the thought that a team we are competing with at the top of the table, winning.
We can take care of our own results, but a lot depends on the way teams around us play too.  Middsbro I would like to see struggle to get any momentum going and the last thing I want is to see them win or win well away from home, giving them a boost.  As I said, a dull 0-0 would be ideal.

I want ipswich relegated....and then relegated again, I''m not completely convinced they will be whilst they remain unbeaten at portman rd so need to see that somebody can break that record first. Wouldnt have complete faith in Boro doing that tonight either as I was surprised how ordinary they were at carrow rd and lets be honest a Pulis is never going to blow any one away 4-0...

Agree, 0-0 draw but with both sides missing penalties in injury time. That way they''re both disgruntled .....

Ipswich fans actually confident of a win, having a quick look at their forum.
We don''t have that sort of optimism on here when we''ve not won in 3, let alone all season!

Talking of which, Lake District Cart-horse (no relation to our LDC) has just posted on TWTD!
"Part of being a supporter is getting behind the team , even in tough times and having hope that things will improve . Too many people seeming to enjoy spreading doom and gloom , looking for all negatives . It''s tough at the moment , but I''m enjoying going to Portman Road this season more than recent seasons"

Another 2-2 having blown another 2 nil lead.. keeps the manager in place & feels like a defeat for his players...

A 0-0 90''s minutes of life not going to get back kind of game would do lovely.

First objective of any season is to avoid relegation so Ipswich losing could mean one less amount of points to exceed.

Lapps spot on.

Heavy home defeat crowd leaving in droves with half hour left.

What''s not to like.

Both teams play a variation of kick-n-rush and you would think Boro do it better.
Any result that isn''t an Ipswich win and the performance to go with it is fine by me.

Lapps and Ricardo have it right, how on earth anyone would want the scum to get points is beyond me.

After tonight they have Swansea then Leeds in the near immediate pipeline.

It could get hilarious.

Relegated by Christmas?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Lapps and Ricardo have it right, how on earth anyone would want the scum to get points is beyond me.
[/quote]
The answser to that is another question - why would anyone want a promotion rival to get points?

Too early to worry about Boro. More than happy to see them win. On the other hand if it late in the season and we needed Boro to lose to gain promotion or play off spot I would have to make an exception.

Middlesbrough are above us, so therefore I would like them to lose, please. That said I expect them to win, and if so we must take some degree of solace in the additional angst it will impose on the claimed Pride of Anglia.

In fact I''d like all these teams to win tonight / Wed

Sheff Wed (v West Brom)

Hull (v Leeds)

Ipswich (v Middlesbrough)

Blackburn (v Sheff Utd)

Birmingham (v Brentford)